GunGame Reset

Ask questions and share info about GunGame 5

GunGame Reset

Postby BaSSa » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:38 am

Ok in gungame3 it was "gg_reset" i think :?: (hehe GG3, that was ages ago), that reset gungame back to warmup, was this removed from GG5 or changed?, the only way i can reset gg5 is with "es_reload gungame" or restart the map which is what im trying to avoid.
i used gg_reset in my war.cfg and it worked fine but if i put es_reload gungame in my war config it screws up.
i understand why es_reload gungame wont work in a config with other commands as it resets GG to my default settings which are way different to our war settings, i just cant find a way round this. ATM i have it set so admins can run a reset config with es_reload gungame in it then they have to run the war config but i want them to be able to run just one config, most of the time they just restart the map then they run the war config but there is always 1 or more players that choose the wrong fricking team :x

Ok if you just read all that crap and still wanna help here it is in short

i want to know how to reset gungame to the warmup round without restarting the map or reloading gungame?
Can this still be done and used in a config without screwing with any other commands in that config?
BaSSa

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: bassa8
Xfire Name: bassa8

Postby pyro » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:52 am

I also have this issue as well...
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Xfire Name: pyromaniac771

Postby XE_ManUp » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:58 am

We don't have a gg_reset in GunGame5 at the current moment, but I don't see why we can't code it into 5.1.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pyro » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:06 am

How far are we from gg5.1 release?
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Re: GunGame Reset

Postby pyro » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:10 am

BaSSa wrote:Ok in gungame3 it was "gg_reset" i think :?: (hehe GG3, that was ages ago), that reset gungame back to warmup, was this removed from GG5 or changed?, the only way i can reset gg5 is with "es_reload gungame" or restart the map which is what im trying to avoid.
i used gg_reset in my war.cfg and it worked fine but if i put es_reload gungame in my war config it screws up.
i understand why es_reload gungame wont work in a config with other commands as it resets GG to my default settings which are way different to our war settings, i just cant find a way round this. ATM i have it set so admins can run a reset config with es_reload gungame in it then they have to run the war config but i want them to be able to run just one config, most of the time they just restart the map then they run the war config but there is always 1 or more players that choose the wrong fricking team :x

Ok if you just read all that crap and still wanna help here it is in short

i want to know how to reset gungame to the warmup round without restarting the map or reloading gungame?
Can this still be done and used in a config without screwing with any other commands in that config?

In answer to your question bassa i actually have a war.cfg that uses the es_reload gungame command that doesnt screw it over (YET), i havnt fully tested it yet as i have only used it with bots in the server. I plan on testing it tonight when i have enough players on. If all works well i will send you the config. :)
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Re:

Postby XE_ManUp » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:20 am

pyro wrote:How far are we from gg5.1 release?

I am hoping that it will be a Merry Christmas, but I can't make any guarantees. At the very least, I am hoping for a Happy New Year, but again, I can't make any guarantees. Since the holidays are around the corner, that means that more of the development team will be spending time with their families as opposed to coding. Well, there's also the fact that a good number of the developers are in school as well, which means final exams as well. :o Anyhow, the short answer is officially "I don't know." I don't want to get to the point to where we start talking in Valve Time.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pyro » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:28 am

Ooo now that valve thing is dashy lol
how about if i slip some money in your pockets...?
will that help... haha
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Re:

Postby Monday » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:43 pm

pyro wrote:Ooo now that valve thing is dashy lol
how about if i slip some money in your pockets...?
will that help... haha

For the low cost of $5000 I can have gg finished in a week :mrgreen:
GunGame Developer

If you ask something stupid before reading the instructions that are likely included in the files, I will make fun of you for being a lazy idiot.
Monday

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pyro » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Lol $5,000 is that in USD$ or AUD$ ROFL!
Thats a little steep for a program lol, id rather learn script myself and do it lol. How about $500?
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby pyro » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:50 pm

Dear BaSSA,

In regards to your war config i have redone a confing for you that actually does work. I havnt fully tested it yet but it does not require you to execute es_load gungame.

Please find file attached.

If you would like to know more about it please dont hesitate to contact me. Or if you experiance any bugs pease dont hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Aaron
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Re:

Postby BaSSa » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:00 am

XE_ManUp wrote:We don't have a gg_reset in GunGame5 at the current moment, but I don't see why we can't code it into 5.1.

Thanx ManUp, it would be awesome if you would include a reset command

pyro wrote:Please find file attached.

Am I blind or did you not att. the file?
I would like to check it out as i tried soooooo many ways to get it to work, there is a way it can be done with an addon for XA, it adds level commands for GG but im running mani and slowly moving to sm admin for our war server and if all goes well i might use sm admin for both GG servers.
BaSSa

Recruit
Recruit

Postby ¤F.o.R¤ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:53 am

BaSSa:

I have NEVER tryed Mani, when I bought my server it was running SM, and all I can say is that even though SM runs smooth without crashes, I'm Disabeling it to use only XA since SM got a BIG lack of build in plugins (this means a very limited number of functions), and most of the plugins that exist for SM is kinda buggy :S
¤F.o.R¤

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: furyofrevenge

Postby pyro » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:13 pm

Stupid forums wont let me upload a .cfg file.
PM me your email addy and i will email you the config. :)
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby BaSSa » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:24 am

ok kinda dead topic but i want to revive it just by asking if this got done, i know with all the orange box update you guys will have been fricking busy so no biggy if it didnt get included
BaSSa

Recruit
Recruit

Postby XE_ManUp » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:31 pm

I honestly forgot about this entirely. It is a good idea though. Perhaps we can get it implemented in the next update.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pyro » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:30 am

+1 to XE_ManUp post... get this on the way peoples... :P
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Return to General Discussion