Levels resettings, please help!

Ask questions and share info about GunGame 5

Levels resettings, please help!

Postby spiza » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi guys. Great addon :D

So, I've been playing around with gungame for a good while now and I've got an issue that I simply can't fix.

I'm hosting a small deathmatch listen server to play with some friends. Respawns is working fine, but for some reason it doesn't seem to keep track of kills as soon as i enable multikill.

Every round the killcount resets and noone is getting any levels.

The bug only seems to start once players join from the internet (As I said, it's a small listen server, and we're a few guys playing via. LAN as well as some online players)

The bug however seems to only affect some of us, and not the same ones every time.

I downloaded and installed eventscripts 200beta2_250i, then gungame 5.0.586 and finally the SPE package.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong here? :(

EDIT: I saw an issue in another thread where people were leveling up together because they were playing a cracked version of the game and thus having the same steamID.
We happend to experience that bug too, but not everyone would level up, only the internet players.
We do however, all own CSS and the server is completely legit and running through steam.
spiza

Recruit
Recruit

Postby Miki78 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:46 am

It´s a problem with evenscript. I readed it in other topic what´s wrong there. In multikill mode all players get level up by IP adress a this is reason why players can´t get level up. It doesn´t work via LAN! Only thru internet connection can they get level up. Check other topic for more help, but a i afraid it´s wasn´t helpfull.
Regard
www.biohazard-zone.com
Miki78

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: miki78

Postby XE_ManUp » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:12 am

Actually, that is not correct. As a matter of fact, we changed the way that we handled the coding of the player level storage just so that we could support LAN. Due to the fact that no one in a LAN can have the same IP, nor can the player retrieve a SteamID, we use a special "uniqueid" to support LAN play.

Do you have an error log that we can look at?
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Levels resettings, please help!

Postby spiza » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:44 am

No log seem to have been produced even though I do have error logging enabled, and I dont really see anything obvious going on in the console either, I don't have any admin plugins or anything though so Im not sure im seeing everything?

Well anyway, as for the LAN part, it works perfectly fine on LAN. It's only when players from the internet drops in and starts playing with the LAN players that is seems to go haywire.

It worked fine with gungame4 btw, but I couldn't get the respawn to work with that :(
spiza

Recruit
Recruit

Re:

Postby Miki78 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:45 pm

XE_ManUp wrote:Actually, that is not correct. As a matter of fact, we changed the way that we handled the coding of the player level storage just so that we could support LAN. Due to the fact that no one in a LAN can have the same IP, nor can the player retrieve a SteamID, we use a special "uniqueid" to support LAN play.

Do you have an error log that we can look at?

Thanx for information, I didn´t know about it. Well done.
Regards
Miki78

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: miki78

Return to General Discussion