How do I get the textures for the maps?

Ask questions and share info about GunGame 5

How do I get the textures for the maps?

Postby enmar884 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:19 pm

It seems like on most maps I play on there are always missing textures. On some, like gg_shotty_snow, I'm just missing one (the floor). On others, which I can't remember the names of, the whole map is a mess of pink and black non-textureness and it's confusing/annoying as hell to play on due to the dichromatic color combo that burns into my retinas. Is there any way to find out what textures these are and download them somehow? I thought maybe if I downloaded the maps from FPSBANANA the textures might be included but it was not so.
enmar884

Recruit
Recruit

Xfire Name: enmar555

Postby Don » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:05 am

There are ways but in my opinion it's not worth the effort if the mapper hasn't included them.
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Re: How do I get the textures for the maps?

Postby pyro » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:11 am

Generally if not all the textures are built into the map file known as a

There are times where a players hardware e.g. graphics card that can cause these texture faults, my suggestion is to try different servers with the same maps if you get the same problem on all servers with these maps then i would say it is your hardware. If so, try upgrading to the latest drivers if that still dont work not i'd suggest getting a new graphics card.
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Xfire Name: pyromaniac771

Postby Don » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 am

It's rarely, rarely a video card. I suspect it's MUCH more likely that the maps just don't have the textures included.
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Return to General Discussion