Rank and other little details

Ask questions and share info about GunGame 5

Rank and other little details

Postby ramstick » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:01 am

I'm new to setting up servers for CS:S and the like although I've got my server running and people from outside my router can connect. I've got GG5 with turbo and deathmatch working along with custom weapon lists, maps and the like. I can't figure out how to get the text box that pops up when you first enter my server to have different text in it and ALSO I would like to know how to implement the rank system as well as the system that says who killed you and how much HP they had left and where you shot them/they shot you. Any links would be appreciated if you don't feel like explaining it I can find out on my own if you link me. :P Thanks in advanced - Jacob
Come play on our server and join our clan ;) Click here:
http://forums.gungame5.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=937&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
ramstick

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: Pupneo

Re: Rank and other little details

Postby satoon101 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:50 pm

ramstick wrote:as well as the system that says who killed you and how much HP they had left and where you shot them/they shot you.
For this, you can use my Victim Stats script. Though, if I were you, I'd wait off about another week. I've been working on an update, and am just waiting to hear back from a couple beta testers on any issues they have.

ramstick wrote:I can't figure out how to get the text box that pops up when you first enter my server to have different text in it
You mean the MOTD? Open your server's ..cstrike/motd.txt and edit it.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ramstick » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Thanks a lot! :D Now, could you please please PLEASE help me with RTV? I was up all night trying to get this stupid thing to work and I just can't figure it out... I've got sourcemod in my folders and w/e the other thing I needed was for it and I took it out of the disabled folder and I put mapchooser or w/e that file it didn't have into the right folders and still nothing T.T What am I doing wrong here?
ramstick

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Well, I've never really run SourceMod before, so I would be of little help.

The only thing I can offer is that I have another script for Map Voting, LooneyMapVote. However, there are a few issues with the current released version. I have been working on a new version, which fixes these issues and will include a RTV feature. I don't know how long it will be before I finish the new version, though.

Hopefully, in the meantime, someone more knowledgeable with SourceMod will come along and provide you more help.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ramstick » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:46 pm

Well at least you're trying and I thank you for that. And all the hard work you're putting into the scrips :D
ramstick

Private
Private

Return to General Discussion