GunGame5.1 issue with team switch

Ask questions and share info about GunGame 5

GunGame5.1 issue with team switch

Postby dovehunter » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:50 pm

hey fellers,

First i would also like to thank you all for all of your hard work that you have done to help people and keep gungame running as best as possible ! :D I have only a couple of questions to ask and would greatly appriciate it if you could direct me in the right direction,
1. :?: When I load gungame5.1 everything runs fairly smoothly but I noticed that if anybody changes teams then the server crashes, i'v browsed all threw out the forum and have only seen a couple of convos but with no answers or solutions. I thought if i could enable the auto assign (threw mani) that it would fix it but something is overriding it allowing ppl to change and choose teams
2. :?: I have seen on a few servers that when you kill some one they go flying half way across the map, and also they have the "hot girl voice" when some one is dominating or gets a head shot. Any ideas on where to find these plug-ins and more like them, i'v checked eventscripts scripts but coulden't find them.

Thanks,
Dove-Hunter
dovehunter

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: mean_green2727

Postby dovehunter » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:23 pm

i et then well i guess i'll have to resort to SM for now i cant have a 3/4 working gg server, If any body sees this and knows anything that could help me please let me know :(
I guess either post here or email me
jkkeene@aol.com
dovehunter

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: mean_green2727

Postby XE_ManUp » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:35 pm

From everything that I have heard, that team swap issue had to do with Mani and something with team balancing? Perhaps you should check there - not meaning to brush you off.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pyro » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 am

Mani is too unstable ATM and is easily hackable. If I was use I'd use sourcemod till mani is updated.
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Xfire Name: pyromaniac771

Postby XE_ManUp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:05 am

you could try updating your gametypes.txt for mani: http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/joomla ... &Itemid=73
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostThis post was deleted by Shadow on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:34 am.

Postby Shadow » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:39 am

There a new version out of Mani Admin Plug-in V.1.2V you may want to try if not already. From my part I use mani only for the admin fonctionnality side, I have no issue with it. I am not calling the mani config server file either. I added "mani_adverts 0" & "es_flags remove notify mani_nextmap" in the server.cfg file to prevent mani to advert and to conflict with GG5 map change.

To prevent hacks, I put the client.txt file as read only and my server.cfg file as well and added the below lines in my server.cfg file.

sv_rcon_banpenalty 0
sv_rcon_maxfailures 5
sv_rcon_minfailures 5
sv_rcon_minfailuretime 15
alias "ma_client" "echo The command ma_client has been blocked"
Shadow

Corporal
Corporal

Postby XE_ManUp » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:51 am

The es_flags remove notify mani_nextmap should not be needed any more, FYI.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shadow » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Yes I thought it would when you guys released the updated 477 but it didn't, it still shows if I don't put it . I tried it with 478 as well and get the same result.

Server cvar 'mani_nextmap' changed to gg_scope_homer
(CONSOLE) : set nextmap to gg_scope_homer
Shadow

Corporal
Corporal

Postby XE_ManUp » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:41 pm

Yes it will still show. However, it will no longer crash the server. That was the point of the command in the first place. It kept the server from crashing before. Now, it is no longer needed unless you want to remove that message.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shadow » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Ha! ok got it... :). I 'll still keep that es command line you gave me, I like it. I am not seeing the winning map vote twice. GG5 is the one that manages the map vote, thanks :D
Shadow

Corporal
Corporal

Postby Shadow » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:29 pm

OK there is maybe an issue allright with mani! I don't use the mani_server.cfg file at all, It doesn't even exist in my CFG directory and today I updated mani and even if in my server.cfg file, mani_server is rem'd out, I copied the mani_server.cfg in the directory just for future look in it to see if there is something changed and noticed that my stats were OFF for somehow, So I used my mani admin menu to reactivate them and as soon as I did this, I got a server crash. I had to remove the mani_server.cfg file OFF the CFG directory to be able to have my stats back ON and no crash.
So maybe there is an issue with Mani and your team change if you are using it. I'll do further tests tomorow morning and see. Maybe if you try not to use man_server.cfg file, remove it from the cfg directory and see if you get a crash or not.
Shadow

Corporal
Corporal

Return to General Discussion