GG5 Deathmatch Failure

Discussion about Included Addons

GG5 Deathmatch Failure

Postby diasin562 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:30 am

I am trying to set a server up for one of my clans customers and am having a strange problem with the deathmatch option in GG5.

This is not a problem with the respawn command like most people seem to have, I already installed the fix for that and tested the command manually to make certain it works.
I enabled deathmatch in the configs but it does not work. I tried unloading and reloading it via rcon, and it went through the paces of loading it, said it was loaded successfully, but people do not respawn when they die. There is nothing in the chat saying that they will respawn, no mention in the chat of GG DM at all.

These are the plugins the server is running
4:25:03 plugin_print
04:25:03 Loaded plugins:
---------------------
0:<TAB>"The_WuH's ES_Tools (NeoWuH) (c) 2006, Version : 0.420 Website : "http://www.ThewAc.NET""
1:<TAB>"Mattie's EventScripts, http://mattie.info/cs, Version:2.0.0.250"
2:<TAB>"Metamod:Source 1.8.0"
3:<TAB>"Source Python Extensions, 2009, your-name-here"

Elimination works just fine, which makes this even stranger. I tried re-installing GG5, Redownloading and then re-installing GG5, I even tried copying the .py file for that plugin from another server, but nothing worked.

Server IP is 69.65.43.165:27015, however the server is stopped at this time.

A quick response would be greatly appreciated, as I told the customer I would have his server ready by the time he gets up in the morning.
Last edited by diasin562 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diasin562

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: mithras562
Xfire Name: mithras562

Postby TempletonPeck » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Try to use GG Utils instead of ES Tools to enable respawn.
TempletonPeck

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: CandyVib3s

Re: GG5 Deathmatch Failure

Postby diasin562 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:53 pm

diasin562 wrote:This is not a problem with the respawn command like most people seem to have, I already installed the fix for that and tested the command manually to make certain it works.

Please read peoples posts thoroughly before you reply. Thanks!

Also, I am not running the respawn off of Es_Tools. I am running that off of SPE.
diasin562

Private
Private

Postby TempletonPeck » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:29 pm

I read your post thoroughly. Thanks!

I dont know why you have ES Tools installed, but i know SO MANY Servers having Problems with it, especially in sense of respawn - even we had in the beginning.
Im sure, your Problem could be solved by deleting it.

If that doesnt work you really should switch over to GG Utils which is the offical second way to enable respawn in gungame. Dont know why you are using SPE to realise
that but if it doesnt work properly the SPE-WAY could be the reason.
TempletonPeck

Private
Private

Postby diasin562 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Respawn DOES work. Thats not the problem. It works fine with the server set to elimination. But deathmatch simply does not work.

And es_tools is installed because the customer wants a jetpack mod, which I am waiting to install when I get GGDM working.
diasin562

Private
Private

Postby TempletonPeck » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:53 pm

Could you pls post your gungame configs in that way you think it should work for DM?
TempletonPeck

Private
Private

Postby Whitey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:11 pm

As much as I know diasin and I know he's an idiot, he is correct.
Him and I have our own boxes, DM in GG5 does not work EVEN if:

a) the server is updated
b) source python extensions is running
c) es_tools is running
d) gg utils is running
e) the proper respawn cmd is placed in the gg_en_config

I've tested it out on three different servers I've created already, two on my box and one on a private server from counter-strike.com -- no good.
I've resorted back to a.. HIDEOUS bugged gungame4. there's this little annoying triangle question mark by the overlay that shows up in the middle of the screen (otherwise known as I believe ma_psay) where Current Level is. Then when the server creates a nav file on map change, gungame4 gets bugged and the weapon order gets stripped to just knives.

I think I'm going to convert back to gungame5, but just install an ES or SM addon that respawns players as soon as they die, so it's not attached to gungame5 and see what that does.

--ALSO--
when you run gungame5 and you look at the cmd it says an exception has been caught. I have to build another server again and I'll show you what I'm talking about, gimme.. 11 mins
P.S. I've also been hearing things about a lot of memory leaks on the gungame5 google code site, but I don't have a link to it, might wanna look over that.

Alright, I have a server up and running.
208.167.249.182:27015
I put it on my public FTP so feel free to browse all the files @ ftp://208.167.249.182/server

Currently, in the cmd I'm getting Unknown command "gg_spawn". So I'm going to try reinstalling SPE then try est_spawn
Reinstalled, same thing. Going for est_spawn.

omg.. it works now
now I can thank diasin for actually doing something useful for once and encouraging me to setup a test server, you rule!
Whitey

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: Rob11552

Re:

Postby satoon101 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:40 pm

TempletonPeck wrote:Try to use GG Utils instead of ES Tools to enable respawn.

I asked in another thread about this, but received no answer. Where do you get a 'working' version of GG Utils for respawning? The current version on the download page is still the pre-Valve update one. It does not respawn players due to it still using the old signature.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Postby Whitey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:50 pm

satoon101 wrote:
TempletonPeck wrote:Try to use GG Utils instead of ES Tools to enable respawn.

I asked in another thread about this, but received no answer. Where do you get a 'working' version of GG Utils for respawning? The current version on the download page is still the pre-Valve update one. It does not respawn players due to it still using the old signature.

Satoon

Yup and that why SPE was released. But SPE uses the same command as gg utils, which is gg_spawn.
ES_Tools seems to be working however, just had 4 people playing with bots and myself.
Whitey

Recruit
Recruit

Postby diasin562 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:51 pm

@Whitey: Wow! I guess you are still good for something after all. The combination of SPE and Es_Tools worked! It also happens to be the one thing I did not think to try. Thanks for the help.

@Satoon: To my knowledge there is no working GG Utils plugin. I think the confusion is due to the fact that the respawn commands for GG Utils and SPE are the same.
diasin562

Private
Private

Re:

Postby Whitey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:53 pm

diasin562 wrote:@Whitey: Wow! I guess you are still good for something after all. The combination of SPE and Es_Tools worked! It also happens to be the one thing I did not think to try. Thanks for the help.

Babe please, I have over 8 servers running costing me more than $200 a month. Soon to be more than the $285 you're paying for the 4 logical cores of P4s and 4 physicals lol @ tb.kicks-ass.org :)

And no thank you. Now I can copy those files over to what was my GG4DM server and then create more GG servers with that copy. Wow what a runon.
Whitey

Recruit
Recruit

Postby diasin562 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:05 pm

Actually we are currently running 20 servers at 100tic/1000fps on a pair of core i7 chips for $250/mo. Axis hosting went belly up and we now do business directly with Gigenet, who owned the servers Axis was renting out. And sprayz0r, how many times do I have to tell you.. don't call me babe. How's that lawsuit against you for attempting to steal our box coming by the way?
diasin562

Private
Private

Re:

Postby Whitey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:16 pm

diasin562 wrote:Actually we are currently running 20 servers at 100tic/1000fps on a pair of core i7 chips for $250/mo. Axis hosting went belly up and we now do business directly with Gigenet, who owned the servers Axis was renting out. And sprayz0r, how many times do I have to tell you.. don't call me babe. How's that lawsuit against you for attempting to steal our box coming by the way?

sorry do I need to show you all the e-mails I have from santino? lol. that i7 is an 8 core xeon. xeons are dual P4's with a bit more cache. the box itself is $260 the tc admin is $15 = $285. it's tick not tic and Axis hosting just gets tired of their customers, that's why they closed down. not because "john got his personal finances mixed in."
this is for you

Dear Robert Monico,
This is a notice that an invoice has been generated on 09/13/2009.
Your payment method is: PayPal/Credit Card
Invoice #2054
Amount Due: $280.00 USD
Due Date: 10/03/2009
Invoice Items
Custom Dedicated (10/03/2009 - 11/02/2009) $280.00 USD
------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total: $280.00 USD
Credit: $0.00 USD
Total: $280.00 USD
------------------------------------------------------
You can login to your client area to view and pay the invoice at http://www.axis-pro.com/billing/viewinvoice.php?id=2054
---
Axis Professional Solutions, LLC Billing Dept.

I have more than that, what do you have? Think with yer dipstick jimmy!
P.S. my name is not sprayzor.
Whitey

Recruit
Recruit

Postby diasin562 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:32 pm

As you apparently did not notice, axis-pro.com is gone. As for all those emails you sent me, they are all dated in October, when we still trusted you and you ran our box.

Folks, If you haven't figured it out already there is some sour history between me and Whitey, who happens to be a 16 year old kid. I apologize for bringing this little feud into the public light here.

To sum things up, running the latest Es_Tools and Source Python Extensions will fix the problem of GG5DM not working.

Now, would a mod please lock this thread and delete this line of text before this continues any further?
diasin562

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Yeah, I think we've noticed. Can we try to stay on point here guys. No need to drag all this personal stuff into this. Please, in the future, no squabbling about things of this nature.

I do not like locking topics in general, but I feel it is needed in this case. And, since the original issue seems to have been solved anyway, this thread is now locked.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Warren » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:49 pm

As a note to anyone reading this post to get information about respawning:

ES_Tools is not required when using the Source Python Extensions method mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=937
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

Return to Included Addons