gg_reload issue

Discussion about Included Addons

gg_reload issue

Postby crazypip666 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:06 am

I have noticed an issue with gg_reload. We run our server without turbo mode, so player like the extra bullets gg_reload gives them. The problem is that when you get your first kill, you don't get the reload. You only get the reload for your second kill and so on. We don't use multi kill, so it seems the issue may be with gg_reload and leveling, since the kill that you don't get the reload on is the one you level on.
crazypip666

Private
Private

Postby RideGuy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:17 pm

Please fill out an issue report.
http://code.google.com/p/gungame-python/issues/list

Thanks,
RideGuy
RideGuy

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby crazypip666 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:57 pm

Alright, thanks. I wasn't sure if I should do that since it is an issue with an addon and not with GunGame itself.
crazypip666

Private
Private

Re: gg_reload issue

Postby crazypip666 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:11 am

Ok, I've figured out why this happens.

# We will only reload weapons that the attacker is on the level for
    if weapon != gungamelib.getPlayer(attacker).getWeapon():
        return

That section seems to be responsible for the problem. I haven't confirmed it by removing it from the code yet, but I will try it out tonight after my clans server empties out. The problem seems to be that since this is tested after the player levels up, the gun they got the kill with is not the level they are on any longer. If you have turbo mode enabled, this is never an issue since you immediately go to the next gun. If you have multikill enabled, your gun is reloaded every time you kill someone until you level up, then it stops working, or turbo mode gives you the next gun. The variable this replaced made it so your gun was only reloaded when you leveled up, and not just when you got a kill with the gun for the level you were on. It seems like maybe I should ask for a custom addon since this addon really doesn't seem to be intended for use in the same manner.
crazypip666

Private
Private

Postby RideGuy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:21 am

The intent of gg_reload is to only reload your current levels gungame weapon. If turbo is off once you levelup you no longer have your gungame weapon.

RideGuy
RideGuy

Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Included Addons