Problem with gg_turbo

Discussion about Included Addons

Problem with gg_turbo

Postby Pillevirk » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:24 pm

I can't get the Turbo mode to run. I have both gg_deathmatch and gg_turbo set to 1.
The respawning works but i still need to die to get a new weapon.

Does anyone have an idea why?
Pillevirk

Recruit
Recruit

Re: Problem with gg_turbo

Postby ¤F.o.R¤ » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:58 pm

I cant get the gg_turbo to work either... nomatter what I do I whont get my new weapon before the new round starts, I'm just playing straight GG5, no deathmatch, no elemenation, no nothing..

almost everything else works
^^^^^^^^^^
new server.
¤F.o.R¤

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: furyofrevenge

Postby Warren » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:39 pm

What is your server IP?
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

Postby ¤F.o.R¤ » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:29 am

well... once again, if u wanna check it out:

[D-u-G] Danish United Gamers [DK][GG5 +]
77.66.39.20:27050
¤F.o.R¤

Private
Private

Re:

Postby Monday » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:59 pm

¤F.o.R¤ wrote:well... once again, if u wanna check it out:

Well i show gg_deathmatch is set to 0, but gg_turbo is set to 1... But turbo is not working?

Also, you should update your eventscripts version to 250i, your using 248. Your also using est_spawn, which is broken...
GunGame Developer

If you ask something stupid before reading the instructions that are likely included in the files, I will make fun of you for being a lazy idiot.
Monday

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pyro » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:03 am

Lol i had the same issues a few weeks ago i did what monday just suggested and yeah all works fine, eventscripts is a pain in the ass, make sure you have the lestest version.
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Xfire Name: pyromaniac771

Postby satoon101 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:32 am

If I remember right, when I check his server on HLSW, it showed 250i. Don't forget that some (if not all) linux servers show 248 as one variable and 250i on another. Can't remember which is which, but his server seemed to have this issue. And EventScripts is not a pain in the arse. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pyro » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:51 am

Well is there a way i can run gungame5 without eventscripts? if so, please tell me...
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby satoon101 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:14 am

I think that was my point... I've heard that SM has a version of gungame that is not completed/supported. So, please, stop being so impatient and let the developers work more on updating GG to 5.1 instead of constantly having to respond to your complaints. If you know of actual bugs, feel free to post on them, and help provide info on what the bug is/does that will help them fix it in the future.

Also, Monday, the original poster said that respawning works, so he's probably already fixed his ES_Tools respawning with the updated est_info.dat .

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Postby ¤F.o.R¤ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:23 am

Monday wrote:
¤F.o.R¤ wrote:well... once again, if u wanna check it out:

Well i show gg_deathmatch is set to 0, but gg_turbo is set to 1... But turbo is not working?

Also, you should update your eventscripts version to 250i, your using 248. Your also using est_spawn, which is broken...

Yes I'm not running deathmatch that's why it's set to 0.
gg_turbo is not working no :S

It sounds wierd that it says that I run eventscript 248 since I've uploaded 250i before I uploaded hungame :S well I just have to try uploading it again.

the est_spawn, erhm?? got no idea what u mean, I'm barand new at this, and I just find the plugins and upload them. don't know where est_spawn comes from or what it's used for, sorry... can u explain?
^^^^^^^^^^
new server.
¤F.o.R¤

Private
Private

Re:

Postby satoon101 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:30 am

satoon101 wrote:If I remember right, when I check his server on HLSW, it showed 250i. Don't forget that some (if not all) linux servers show 248 as one variable and 250i on another. Can't remember which is which, but his server seemed to have this issue.
So, you don't need to re-upload, you do already have 250i, it just shows as 248 on some (maybe all) linux servers.

As for est_spawn, if you don't use any respawning mod (ie gg_deathmatch or gg_elimination), you don't really need to worry about it. If you do, and you use ES_Tools (via est_spawn), you need to update your est_info.dat, which you can get from this post.

Not sure why gg_turbo isn't working, do you get any errors in the server's console?

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ¤F.o.R¤ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:36 am

Satoon:

thx for the info.
nope I'm not using any respawning mode, just plain CS:S with gungame :)
I'm currently running EST_Tools .420 anyway, but I'll look into this.

I'm getting zero errors in console, thats why it's so wierd.
¤F.o.R¤

Private
Private

Re:

Postby pyro » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:16 pm

satoon101 wrote:I think that was my point... I've heard that SM has a version of gungame that is not completed/supported. So, please, stop being so impatient and let the developers work more on updating GG to 5.1 instead of constantly having to respond to your complaints. If you know of actual bugs, feel free to post on them, and help provide info on what the bug is/does that will help them fix it in the future.

Also, Monday, the original poster said that respawning works, so he's probably already fixed his ES_Tools respawning with the updated est_info.dat .

Satoon

Actually... i wasnt having a go at the GG developers at all considering what they had to work with they have done an excellent job. I was having a go at eventscripts? so before you go flying about with accusations... please get your facts straight first.
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby ¤F.o.R¤ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:23 pm

still, no mather what, I have tryed to reupp es V. 250i but gg_turbo still isn't working :S
¤F.o.R¤

Private
Private

Postby Warren » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:37 pm

I think the only way I will be able to troubleshoot your issue is if you PM me your FTP info.
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

Re:

Postby ¤F.o.R¤ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:02 am

Warren wrote:I think the only way I will be able to troubleshoot your issue is if you PM me your FTP info.

thx for the offer to help me in Warren, but I think I will either survive the bug or keep trying to fix it myself, rather that giving the ftp info for my server to someone I don't know.
thanks anyway
^^^^^^^^^^
new server.
¤F.o.R¤

Private
Private

Postby Don » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:25 pm

You do realize Warren is an Admin on this forum and heavily involved in helping to create GunGame. He also works for Gameservers Pro. He's quite trustworthy IMHO.
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Postby XE_ManUp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:48 pm

Basically, I have downloaded and tested turbo locally on SRCDS. It works when gg_turbo is set to 1. That being said, I don't know what you are loading that might conflict with it. As an example, SOME included addons require that gg_turbo is turned OFF in order to run properly. It may be getting toggled off by another included addon that you are loading, but there are a variety of things that could be happening.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostThis post was deleted by Warren on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:19 pm.
Reason: Already tested in server to make sure turbo isn't working.

Postby pyro » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:39 am

Yeah i had a quick look at the server wasnt very long as i got kicked for ping lol.
He does seem to have bots running on the server at all times. Duno if that would effet it at all.
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Next

Return to Included Addons