GG5 Custom Addons.

Discussion about Custom Addons for GG5

GG5 Custom Addons.

Postby Chesso » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:28 am

Hello,

I wish to make a custom addon for the current version of GG5, a little war modifiction of sorts, to accommdate selection of N number of maps, each map running for N minutes (with the map based objective based on gungames normal leveling model).

I have been looking about some of the included addons .py files to see if I can get a grasp on any of it.

From my searches I presume there is no proper documentation of what is supported and how it is done, although I know it's generally python code (I don't have prior experience with python however), is there any particular files I should be looking into, or importing for the above purpose to start with (what file has all the events and things like that), and is the local/global variable situation just standard python?

I do have prior programming experience in C/C++/Object Pascal/Visual Basic and other various languages, it's just a matter of getting used to python and how it relates to use with gungame and addons for it.
Chesso

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: rcGingerNinja

Postby Don » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:17 am

If you look at the gg_gladiator thread there is probably more documentation there than most anywhere else. It's where XE_ManUp was telling me what to fix and look out for.

But most any of the custom addons should give you some good examples.
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Return to Custom Addons