[MAP] aim_ag_texture2

Area to post and download GunGame Maps

[MAP] aim_ag_texture2

Postby your-name-here » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Title: aim_ag_texture2

Description: aim_ag_texture2 is a map accommodating anyone, from gung-ho players to strategic players, to all out campers. There are a multitude of ways to attack each spawn area (at least three). Ample cover provides lots of ways to dish out the hot bullets without taking many yourself. No two battles are ever the same on aim_ag_texture2.

My Thoughts: While not specifically geared towards GunGame, on my 20-man server, this map is well appreciated. With twenty people playing deathmatch, this map quickly becomes an action-fest rivaling that of James Bond. This map lets crafty players (like myself :P) perform all kinds of stunts to take the enemy by surprise. My only complaint about this map is the lack of player_clip textures in some places that need them (player_clip textures are invisible textures which block a player from entering an area). Some players who are good at jumping can camp between two boxes, located on the top floor above the Terrorist spawn, left ledge. While they don't get much room to attack, I've seen players camp there indefinitely, without ever being noticed. Other than that, I love this map. It's not too open, nor is it too closed, and there are literally 4 different ways of getting place to place.

I personally would not go more than 20 people on this map. It will become too hectic and a huge spamfest (but this is my opinion. I've never tested it :P).

Rating: 9/10 (Rock Solid Map)

Download:
aim_ag_texture2.zip
(463.51 KiB) Downloaded 737 times

Pictures:
your-name-here

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: your-name-here
Xfire Name: thinkerroad

Re: [MAP] aim_ag_texture2

Postby XE_ManUp » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 pm

I have a love-hate relationship with this map, myself. While I love the concept, unless you are using random spawn points, one team's advantage heavily outweighs the other. Frankly, I hate this map without random spawn points.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [MAP] aim_ag_texture2

Postby your-name-here » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 pm

XE_ManUp wrote:I have a love-hate relationship with this map, myself. While I love the concept, unless you are using random spawn points, one team's advantage heavily outweighs the other. Frankly, I hate this map without random spawn points.

Ah, that reminds me of another point. The terrorists do indeed have a height advantage on this map. However, I don't see much of a problem as the CT area is much more sheltered, so the CTs can camp in the little "hut" thing and pick the Ts off. I haven't had a problem with it. I guess play testing is the only way to find out :)
your-name-here

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: your-name-here
Xfire Name: thinkerroad

Postby Predator » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:16 pm

I renamed it gg_aim_ag_texture2 :P But then again, i did that with all maps on my servers. Made it easier as my admin plugin detects by name and with all same prefix = in order :)

I personally love this map, on my GG and my 24/7 Texture2 DM which is always pretty full :)

~Edd
Predator

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Steam Friends Name: predator_teddybear
Xfire Name: gppredator

Postby homer j simpson » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:53 am

Check out my variation on this map in my post.
homer j simpson

Private
Private

Return to GunGame Maps