first map!

Area to post and download GunGame Maps

first map!

Postby maccauk » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi all, us @ -=S2k=- have relaesed a map made by 1 of our members ,this is his first map and took him good 3 weeks planty of hard work went into the map.
1 thing is it keeps crashing server and we cant find out why and be4 i start sending gg5 error logs i thought is there chance you lads could try it out on your server and if it works you got your self good map if it don't then i know it is the map not my server! regards macca
http://www.s2kgungame.co.uk

Last edited by maccauk on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
maccauk

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: macca

Postby Cheebs » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:32 pm

I took a look at the map and it's very good for a first map. Doesnt look bad but needs lots of optimization, especially the 3d skybox. The biggest fix is he needs to delete the other faces in the 3d skybox. He has made a displacement with the entire brush, meaning parts are rendered that cant even be seen like beneath, so it's using like x4 the resources. Only click on the face of the brush you want to change. The map is also very large scale and there are many models which can drop fps.
Optimizing should help with the crashing. There may also be map leaks.
Cheebs

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: carters6

Re: first map!

Postby maccauk » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:25 am

many thxs for your reply will get on to it right away! and repost map when updated ;)
maccauk

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: macca

Return to GunGame Maps