[HOW-TO] Installing GunGame5

How-to and Game setup info

[HOW-TO] Installing GunGame5

Postby your-name-here » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:33 pm

Forward:
Hello and welcome to GunGame5, the latest and greatest version of GunGame. GunGame5 not only boasts extensive speed improvements, but mind-blowing customization opportunities! This post will cover how to install GunGame5 onto your server from the provided .zip file below. This guide will cover the bare-bones of installing GunGame5. Customizations and other related stuff will be added later (possibly to another post).

Step 1: Get Eventscripts
GunGame5 was written SPECIFICALLY for Eventscripts. It will not function without it, so you should download it here. At the time of this writing, the current version is v2beta250.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE VERSION 2beta250 OR HIGHER. Otherwise, GunGame5 may crash, not work (or even load).

Step 2: Installing Eventscripts
Got it? Awesome. If you open the zip file, you will notice a single folder titled addons. Find your "cstrike" folder on your server. Open it.

Oh, and I forgot one thing: TURN OFF YOUR SERVER! You can't replace .dll/.so files that are in use while your server is still running.

L-L-L-L-LOGIC FORK!:
  • AN ADDONS FOLDER IS ALREADY PRESENT:
    Open it. Now, open the addons folder inside the zip file. Copy ALL of the contents from the zip/addons folder to your cstrike/addons folder. If it asks you to replace anything, click yes (as it should ONLY be replacing eventscripts related files). Proceed to step 3.
  • AN ADDONS FOLDER IS NOT PRESENT:
    If your server does not have a folder titled addons under the cstrike folder, you can simply navigate to cstrike and copy the addons folder from the .zip file over.

Now start your server. RCON to your server, and type (without the line number), If you see the word "Eventscripts" in there anywhere, you've just successfully installed Eventscripts! Pat yourself on the back! :mrgreen:

If not, make sure you followed everything written above EXACTLY as it is written. If you are receiving an "unknown command" message from HLSW or your server when you type "plugin_print", make sure you didn't include the line number. The command is just plain plugin_print.

Proceed to step 3.

Step 3: Get GunGame5
Download GunGame5 from http://forums.gungame5.com/download.php.

When you open this .zip file, you should see the following folders:
  • addons
  • cfg
  • sounds

NOTE: If you have a pre-existing installation of GunGame5 from any beta test, you must get rid of it.There may be existing bugs in the beta candidates, so always use the most up to date version of GunGame5. However, you should back up any customization files (such as weapon orders, admins, and what not).

The installation process is quite simple. Open up the addons folder inside the .zip file. Now open up the eventscripts folder. Now copy the gungame folder to YOUR server's addons/eventscripts/ folder. Next, you must navigate to the _libs/python folder in both the .zip file and on your server. Copy the contents of the .zip's _libs/python folder to your addons/eventscripts/_libs/python folder. If you are asked to replace testrepeat.py, hit yes(?) (need confirmation from developers).

Now, get back to the top level directory of your .zip file (the place which had the 3 folders). Now open up the cfg folder in the .zip file, and the cstrike/cfg folder on your server. Copy the contents of the .zip/cfg folder to your cstrike/cfg. You can customize these files the way you want (to be discussed in another post).

Finally, copy everything inside the .zip file's sound folder to your server's cstrike/sound folder.

FINALLY! The moment you have been waiting for. RCON to your server (using HLSW or in-game). Through RCON, type (without the line number):

es_load gungame

You should see a bunch of text scroll by, and some server variables change. Your server will now trigger a round restart.

After that, GunGame should begin! Happy fragging!

As always, if you have issues, we have a link to where you can report them.
your-name-here

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: your-name-here
Xfire Name: thinkerroad

Re: [HOW-TO] Installing GunGame5

Postby vooby » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:30 am

Hello, I am having trouble!!!, I followed the steps correctly, for EvenScript, i go into my server and type plugin_print in console, but i dont see anything mentionning Eventscript! so i guess in order to make gungame5 mod work id have to make eventscript load first, but i dont why its not showing in plugin_print ! the command works but theres nothing about evenscript
vooby

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: vooby

Postby vooby » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:45 am

fortget it never mind everything is working fine
vooby

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: vooby

Postby NoName487 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:56 am

Hi. I got my game up and running but when I start the first round with guns, kill everyone, and it starts another round, The guns are gone o.0. Can anyone tell me how to fix? Thanks...
NoName487

Recruit
Recruit

Postby nubnub » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:55 pm

where do i put the _libs folder?
nubnub

Private
Private

Xfire Name: uknclan

Postby nubnub » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:55 am

when i type plugin_print it comes up with this

] plugin_print
Loaded plugins:
---------------------
---------------------

what did i do wrong? i put the addons folder in my source ded server folder and it doesnt work :(
nubnub

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:23 am

In one of your other posts, you said that you are using 'create' server (which is called a localserver). If this is true, you need to put the addons folder in your c:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/<username>/counter-strike source/cstrike/ folder.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nubnub » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:06 am

Ok, here is what i know,

for es_load gungame to work there has to be a es_gungame.txt with all the config in it.
of course, gg5 doesnt come with it. anywhere i can get it?

should i delete gg3 from eventscripts? i got it to work perfect except for the triple lvl.
nubnub

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:25 am

GG5 uses python, which comes with ES2.x. The file you will load will be gungame.py and not es_gungame.txt. Make sure that you have the latest ES2.0 installed in order for GG5 to work. Please note that 2.0 is for original Source Engine (games like CS:S and HL2MP) and 2.1 is for Orangebox Engine (games like TF and DOD:S). So you will want 2.0 and not 2.1.

Also, if you already have gungame3 installed, you do not have to remove it, just es_unload it if it is loaded, and if not, just don't es_load it. Having both running simultaneously would probably be unplayable.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Postby Dr.iCe » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:35 am

satoon101 wrote:In one of your other posts, you said that you are using 'create' server (which is called a localserver). If this is true, you need to put the addons folder in your c:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/<username>/counter-strike source/cstrike/ folder.

Satoon

that is not entirely true..
like me; i have steam in d:\steam

so best thing to write is ~steampath\steamapps\*username*\counter-strike source\cstrike\
Dr.iCe

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: dr_ice27
Xfire Name: drice27

Postby Rolfgun » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:30 am

I am having trouble.I followed all these steps but when I go in console and type es_load gungame this comes up Could not open script for addons/eventscripts/gungame/es_gungame.txt
Error source (console): (no script).plz help!!
Rolfgun

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: ichi86

Postby Don » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:35 pm

You probably are using ES 1.5 instead of 2.0. If you type plugin_print in your server console what does it report?
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Postby Rolfgun » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:43 pm

When I plugin_print this is what comes up. "Mattie's EventScripts, http://mattie.info/cs, Version:2.0.0.250".
Rolfgun

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: ichi86

Postby Don » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Ok, then you don't have gungame installed in the right place or your permissions are not set right. Is this a Linux server? If so you need to make sure the addons folder and everything under it allows reading by everyone. If it's not Linux then you must not have it in the right folder.
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Postby skittles » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:18 am

No matter how many times i try uploading ES it just does not show in plugin_print, help please?
skittles

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: Skittles83

Postby Monday » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:43 pm

skittles wrote:No matter how many times i try uploading ES it just does not show in plugin_print, help please?

Are you sure your uploading it to the right location?

Is there is not a mattie_eventscripts.dll, mattie_eventscripts.res, the .so and .vdf file file in /cstrike/addons Then your uploading it to the wrong place.
GunGame Developer

If you ask something stupid before reading the instructions that are likely included in the files, I will make fun of you for being a lazy idiot.
Monday

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bum1002 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:53 pm

When I type plugin_print or es_load gungame5 it says unknown command I believe this means my eventscripts is not installed properly. I did follow the video right off of Mattie's site to install it
Bum1002

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Are you saying that plugin_print is an unknown command? If that is in fact true, you should probably reinstall your server, as something is seriously wrong with it.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby elliot96 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:16 pm

i installed eventskript 250 that dident work and then 250i and i still get this

plugin_print
Loaded plugins:
---------------------
---------------------

what is wrong
elliot96

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: |TKD| MysticDragon

Postby satoon101 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:33 pm

Are you using that in the server's console, or your client console? You must use rcon plugin_print in your client console. 250 is 250i, they are not 2 different versions. Did you just extract the entire contents into your ../cstrike/ folder?

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to GunGame 5 Documentation