Player bounty

Request a custom addon/script you would like to see made.

Player bounty

Postby crazypip666 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:46 am

I would like to see a plugin which would select at random one player in the game and set a bounty on him. Instead of something like money though, I would like to make it so that killing him would get you an extra level. The player who has the bounty on him should change at the beginning of every round (Should probably change on death of previous bounty player if deathmatch or elimination is enabled). Obviously it shouldn't allow someone to get past nade or knife level.

Things you should be able to set:
How many players need to be in the server before the plugin starts picking people.
Just one player, or one player on both teams.
How many levels the player who gets the kill should be given.
Some sort of visual clue as to who the player is, probably just color based. The clue should not make it difficult to tell which team the player is on to avoid team killing.

Things it would be nice to be able to set:
Only get the bounty if you are the only player to injure the player with the bounty on him.
Only get the bounty if you knife the player.
A different number of levels based on whether you shot or knifed him for the kill (Would need to disable only getting the bounty for knifing the player).
crazypip666

Private
Private

Postby SquirrelEater » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:29 pm

I like were your going with this and don't take this as me hijacking your idea, but rather offering some additional ideas to this mod.

I do like your idea on the Bounty, but random role around especially during a death match or elimination could make it a bit easy. Perhaps instead make is play off a different variable say the triple/multilevel trigger. If a player achieves a triple/multilevel he then has a bounty on his head. This player has to die 3 times before the bounty is removed. While the bounty is on his head if he is knifed by another player, the player collects the bounty and raises 2 levels and now has a bounty on him, and the player that had the bounty losses two levels.

Another perhaps another variable, set certain levels as a bounty. Once the player passes that level the bounty is removed, but if your knifed when you have the bounty on you, you lose 2 levels instead of 1 and the knifer gets 2 levels.

Then as additional adjustments/setting for the mod.
Players who have bounty glow, orange, white, red, or no glow
Shackles - Player movement speed reduced by 5, 10, or 15%

Perhaps instead of a level upgrade, you could allow a player to choose from 3 different power bonuses that like when you achieve a multilevel, its last for like 10 or 15 seconds.

Choose between 5% move speed increase, low gravity, or opposing team skin.
SquirrelEater

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Steam Friends Name: [LPC]Squirrel_Eater
Xfire Name: lpcstinger

Re:

Postby your-name-here » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:24 pm

SquirrelEater wrote:I like were your going with this and don't take this as me hijacking your idea, but rather offering some additional ideas to this mod.

I do like your idea on the Bounty, but random role around especially during a death match or elimination could make it a bit easy. Perhaps instead make is play off a different variable say the triple/multilevel trigger. If a player achieves a triple/multilevel he then has a bounty on his head. This player has to die 3 times before the bounty is removed. While the bounty is on his head if he is knifed by another player, the player collects the bounty and raises 2 levels and now has a bounty on him, and the player that had the bounty losses two levels.

Another perhaps another variable, set certain levels as a bounty. Once the player passes that level the bounty is removed, but if your knifed when you have the bounty on you, you lose 2 levels instead of 1 and the knifer gets 2 levels.

Then as additional adjustments/setting for the mod.
Players who have bounty glow, orange, white, red, or no glow
Shackles - Player movement speed reduced by 5, 10, or 15%

Perhaps instead of a level upgrade, you could allow a player to choose from 3 different power bonuses that like when you achieve a multilevel, its last for like 10 or 15 seconds.

Choose between 5% move speed increase, low gravity, or opposing team skin.

I totally wish we could do glowing in ES. AFAIK, there really isn't a way to set player color properly (I've only ever gotten red and blue to work). Perhaps I may add something like this to a little "something" that I might release on the ES forums :)
your-name-here

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: your-name-here
Xfire Name: thinkerroad

Postby SquirrelEater » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:13 pm

Even red or blue would do. Just enough glow were the player with the bounty sticks out. Shoot if it could be coded and somebody could make it. Have it load a custom player model with a guy wearing black and white strips.
SquirrelEater

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re:

Postby your-name-here » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:47 pm

SquirrelEater wrote:Even red or blue would do. Just enough glow were the player with the bounty sticks out. Shoot if it could be coded and somebody could make it. Have it load a custom player model with a guy wearing black and white strips.

The thing is, it's a "dull" red or blue. It's nowhere near as shiny as the AMX MOD X style glow for GoldSrc games. I don't the "brightness" can be achieved with ES. At least, not AFAIK.

About the custom model, remember that it's an extra download :)
I've seen players disconnect because they see that they have to download a bunch of extra bullshit that isn't even used half the time :P
your-name-here

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: your-name-here
Xfire Name: thinkerroad

Postby SquirrelEater » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:32 pm

This is true, but it would be 1 file if you did it and these days. Downloading files is almost second nature. I hate it as much as the next guy, but even my server has a bunch of music files you download. One of the more popular servers I have seen can take you up to 10 to 15 minutes before you can play on it do to all the custom stuff they have on there server and yet this server is almost always full. Can't explain it.
SquirrelEater

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re:

Postby Predator » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:28 am

SquirrelEater wrote:This is true, but it would be 1 file if you did it and these days. Downloading files is almost second nature. I hate it as much as the next guy, but even my server has a bunch of music files you download. One of the more popular servers I have seen can take you up to 10 to 15 minutes before you can play on it do to all the custom stuff they have on there server and yet this server is almost always full. Can't explain it.

You add the custom material over time, so people whom play every day only download a few files every few weeks, then after a while all the material will be on there ;) As its popular most people will then download the custom content or just filter it and play.

~Edd
My Work:
Preds Match Admin (CSS)

TwistedPlay.Admin | Predator^
Predator

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Steam Friends Name: predator_teddybear
Xfire Name: gppredator

Re:

Postby Saul » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:34 pm

SquirrelEater wrote:This is true, but it would be 1 file if you did it and these days. Downloading files is almost second nature. I hate it as much as the next guy, but even my server has a bunch of music files you download. One of the more popular servers I have seen can take you up to 10 to 15 minutes before you can play on it do to all the custom stuff they have on there server and yet this server is almost always full. Can't explain it.

If I see a server where I have to download music, I quit instantly, set cl_download_filer all then find another server.
Saul

GunGame5 Developer
GunGame5 Developer

Xfire Name: saul0

Re: Re:

Postby crazypip666 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:34 pm

Saul wrote:

If I see a server where I have to download music, I quit instantly, set cl_download_filer all then find another server.

Wait, so you don't actually play GunGame?
crazypip666

Private
Private

Re: Re:

Postby Don » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:44 pm

crazypip666 wrote:
Saul wrote:

Wait, so you don't actually play GunGame?

Owned!
I am 31% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Return to Script Requests