Nade level sound missing / bots don't always auto-vacate

Having problems with GunGame5 (NOT FOR BUGS)? Ask here!

Nade level sound missing / bots don't always auto-vacate

Postby Allstar » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:44 pm

Hi there guys,

New to the forum and first thing I've gotta say is that i'm really liking GG5 and appreciate all the hard work that's gone into it. :D

I am however having some minor issues though with my gg deathmatch server while running gg5. I've searched for solutions but not found them so sorry if I'm covering old ground. :oops:

My server is set up with gg 5 to play in deathmatch mode (using ESP 2.0.0.248, gungame_utils, gungame5) and to begin with all seems fine. I have it set up with the multikill at 2 for all weapons (except nade / knife) and when you level up you get the sound to go with it. However I've noticed that when I get to knife level (i.e. I'm on nade and I get the nade kill) there is no sound to accompany this level. :? Does anyone else have this problem and or a solution?
When I do win I get the music for winning as normal (and during play, the 'triple' level music when appropriate), which make this one level's sound missing all the more odd.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm also experiencing problems with the bots auto vacating, I have the following cvars in my server.cfg:

bot_add
bot_quota 6
bot_quota_mode fill
bot_difficulty 1
bot_chatter minimal
bot_auto_follow 1
bot_auto_vacate 1
bot_join_after_player 0
bot_defer_to_human 0
bot_prefix "|INC-bot|"
bot_allow_rogues 1

As you can see, I've set the bots to autovacate when players join to maintain a minimum 6 'players' on the server. However sometimes when I join the server a bot will leave and othertimes I join it wont. :? Even when a round ends (say all t's are killed) and the next starts they don't always vacate so I'll have say, 4bots and 3 real players on. I usually end up having to kick them manually (through mani) which is a bit of a pain. Anyone else have this problem and or a solution?

I used to run this server with GG4 (I upgraded about 2 days ago) and didn't have any of these problems, but dont really want to switch back as GG5 seems so good!

Anyway any help will be greatly appreciated. :mrgreen:
Allstar

Recruit
Recruit

Postby Warren » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:49 am

What is your server IP?

Can you go into FTP and list me all of the files you find in ../sound/gungame/default ?
Also, please post the contents of this file: ../cfg/gungame5/sound_packs/default.ini
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

PostThis post was deleted by XE_ManUp on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:29 am.
Reason: No tact, no post.

Re: Nade level sound missing / bots don't always auto-vacate

Postby Allstar » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi again,

Sorry really late reply. Have had some serious RL problems so this had to go on the backburner.

I think I've figured out what the problem is...for some reason I'm not downloading the sound files from the server. :roll: Once I'd gone into my computer and realised there wasn't a "default" folder in sound/gungame I just copied the one over from the extract and now I'm sorted. I don't know why I'm having this issue tho as I can dl sounds/skins from other servers I join; or why I could hear some of the sounds...very odd! :?

Thanks for the quick response Sc0pE, sorry I couldn't reciprocate.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more thing tho (this might not be the right place for this so sorry! :oops: )... I have some custom skins on the server and when people join they dl them like you'd expect. However when they get on the server, no-one can use them...they dont get any options when they type 'settings'. What's really weird tho is that I can use them when I type in settings. I've set up skins on a bunch of servers so I know what I'm doing with them and all the appropriate settings are checked in mani_server and everyone has the right permissions access. Any ideas why people cant use them?

Thanks again! :D
Allstar

Recruit
Recruit

Postby Saul » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:12 pm

Fixed and closed!

EDIT: Or not...
Saul

GunGame5 Developer
GunGame5 Developer

Xfire Name: saul0

Postby bytethegroove » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:27 pm

there is an eventscripts plugin that handles skins....very simple to use....better than mani....I suggest using a search for skins on esam
bytethegroove

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: bytethegroove

Return to Troubleshooting (NOT FOR BUGS)