New to testing group

Having problems with GunGame5 (NOT FOR BUGS)? Ask here!

New to testing group

Postby Defcon » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:29 am

Ive downloaded the current code from svn, installed on my server. The gungame runs and plays well, however when issuing the es_load gungame command in console, I recieve several "cant load addon (gungame/included_addons/gg_retry_punish) No module named included_addons.gg_retry_punish.gg_retry_punish and so on and so forth, it goes thru all the "included_addons". I have checked FTP to make sure all those folders and files are actually there, and they are. The seems to play ok except you do not get another gun when you kill someone etc, due to those addons not being loaded "turbo and such".

Version from svn: 1.0.462

latest eventscripts installed, no "3rd" party addons running other than gungame settings in config.

Please forgive me if this isnt in the proper format, this is my first post and im not sure if its a "bug" or just a misconfiguration on my part. I have read all the forums for a similar problem to keep from posting, but I have not found one.

Thanks

Defcon
Defcon

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Steam Friends Name: lonbow

Postby Don » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:39 am

This is a good place to post this. I'm not the one to answer but hopefully one of the experts will be along soon and help you out. The only thing I could suggest is check that the included_addons folder and the folders under that exists in your gungame folder and that the permissions are correct if it's Linux.
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Postby Defcon » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:13 am

Thats the first thing i thought to do. They are all included. I have also totally reinstalled eventscripts from a fresh download file for the second time today. Along with redownloaded and updating the SVN via tortois to make sure i have the most current release (which says .463 but in game when using es_load command it says .462 using the same files). After starting the server and verifying that eventscripts v 2.0.0.248 is running via hlsw, i type es_load gungame in console and still get the same errors. Gungame starts, but doesnt load those modules therefor limiting the game. This server is WINDOWS and not linux.
Defcon

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: New to testing group

Postby your-name-here » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Ok. First, unload gungame. Next get rid of the gungame folder under "eventscripts" completely. Now, create a new folder on your desktop. This is where we will "export" the gungame code to. Right-click on the folder -> TortoiseSVN -> Export, then enter the url to the gungame svn. Re-upload the files to eventscripts/gungame/. Then es_load gungame into console.

Post back with the result :D
your-name-here

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: your-name-here
Xfire Name: thinkerroad

Postby Defcon » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:57 pm

ive done that twice now. Ive completely deleted the gungame folder under eventscripts and config just to make sure. Then i have updated with svn, then re uploaded all files after a fresh install of eventscripts. Same results. I have verified that those folders and sub folders exist.
Defcon

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Saul » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:09 pm

This is definitely an upload error. Please make sure you have also uploaded __init__.py in the following directories:
    addons/eventscripts/gungame/included_addons/
    addons/eventscripts/gungame/included_addons/<insert included addons here>/
Saul

GunGame5 Developer
GunGame5 Developer

Xfire Name: saul0

Postby disconnect » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:18 pm

make sure your ftp client isnt skipping files that are 0kb in size :)
disconnect

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Defcon » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:21 pm

I figured it had to be some type of error on my end, thats why i was posting it here. When i get home ill check that out. Im leaning towards the 0kb in size problem that you mentioned, that may be the problem. Im using flashfxp to upload them, i will try to upload the files with windows transfer this time to see if "Everything" gets sent. Thanks for the responses guys.

Defcon
Defcon

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Defcon » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Thanks for the help. After checking my ftp settings, it was set not to upload 0kb files. After reuploading and starting the game, it updated to newest version and then ran like a charm for now. Ill be giving it some attention tonight to get familiar with the settings, etc.

Thanks

Defcon
Defcon

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Don » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Woo Hoo!!! These guys rock! :lol:
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Postby your-name-here » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:14 am

Yay! :D
your-name-here

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Postby XE_ManUp » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:23 am

Defcon wrote:Thanks for the help. After checking my ftp settings, it was set not to upload 0kb files. After reuploading and starting the game, it updated to newest version and then ran like a charm for now. Ill be giving it some attention tonight to get familiar with the settings, etc.

Thanks

Defcon

Adding THAT to the FAQ for troubleshooting GunGame5 installs. Simply awesome. That would have taken me forever to figure out. :o

Edit: Done - gungame5_faq.php#f10
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Defcon » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:17 pm

I also wanted to say the autoupdate seems to be running great on my server. I just wanted to test it but each time it has autoupdated to newest version, kept my settings and rocked on. I actually have little to nothing to report in way of bugs. The only issues Ive ran across is the fact that you cant throw down your gun either with strip on or off. Also, there is no !give. Both are fine with me, just things ive noticed. Also, gravity on triple level isnt the same as gg3. All those things are very minor and could probably be corrected in some settings that i havent came across yet.

I was expecting some buggy stuff to have headaches with, after all thats what beta s/w is, but this thing runs like a champ so far.

Props fo sho..

Defcon
Defcon

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Saul » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 am

Woo hoo! Auto-update works!

I'm sure we could add variables for changing gravity and speed in triple level (makes mental note). Also, !give was purposefully not added as it was misused, and also, there is no need for you to have to / need to be able to drop your gun.

Glad its working, also ;)
Saul

GunGame5 Developer
GunGame5 Developer

Xfire Name: saul0

Postby Defcon » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:41 am

thanks for your reply, however the only thing i have to judge the new version by is the features in the old version, which is why i mentioned those things.
Defcon

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Predator » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:44 am

Auto update works on my server too :O
Predator

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Steam Friends Name: predator_teddybear
Xfire Name: gppredator

Re: New to testing group

Postby mikaboshi » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:13 am

Hi i'm glad to pronounce u guys i'm also a new tester for u guys :). (SNIP)

Works like a charm, & the special effects when someone gets killed are wonderfull!

What i mentioned, is it mostly tested on windows dedicated servers or on linux versions? Since i downloaded it to test on my own pc first (It worked like a charm, nothing went wrong. After testing it for about 5 hours with clanmembers allmost continiously playing on it, I thought it would be a good idea to replace our public gungame from 4.0.100 to the python beta.

Now what i mentioned is that now & then the server just crashes, reboots, within a second crashes again, reboots & again crashes. Now it's seemed to be kinda stable, doesnt crash anymore, all i changed was from autoexec.cfg deleting the line es_load gungame and pasted it in server.cfg (what was not recommended for GG4). I cant provide any srdcs logs thoug, since when it crashes hlsw doesnt show what happend, & i'm quite new to remote servers & dont know where i could find logfiles of the server :).

Also, it runs in deathmatch mode on our server, what would be verry handy would be the !stuck command. since now & then people get stuck in eachother (without custom spawnpoints). Can't use the noblock thingy that's included, since the clanmembers don't like it, to difficult to knive.

on my windows dedicated test i ran it on standard css maps, movable objects (filecabinets, chairs, barrels) are jumping all around the map then. luckely i have no gungame maps with such objects :lol: Also while I disabled in the configs that the bomb/hossies etc should be gone, on defuse maps the bomb is still in play, but u cant plant it anywhere. Only the bombspots are removed.

Except from that, it works like a charm and is verry nice to play it. Keep up the great work!

edit:
btw is it advised to turn on the auto update? or do u guys suggest updating it manually?

MODERATOR EDIT: Do not post links or refer to unreleased material please.
Last edited by mikaboshi on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikaboshi

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: saki007
Xfire Name: mikaboshi

PostThis post was deleted by Don on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:32 pm.
Reason: Deleted until this becomes a public release.

Postby mikaboshi » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:38 pm

ok, if i could give u guys files that could help out sorting the linux problem, just let me know wich files u guys could use & where i could find em :)
mikaboshi

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: saki007
Xfire Name: mikaboshi

Re:

Postby your-name-here » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:43 pm

mikaboshi wrote:ok, if i could give u guys files that could help out sorting the linux problem, just let me know wich files u guys could use & where i could find em :)

Unfortunately, you are not a beta tester. Hence, we're technically not suppost to give support to non-beta testers. You'll need to wait until GunGame5 is released to the public. However, if XE_ManUp gives me the go, I'd be glad to help you out.
your-name-here

Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Troubleshooting (NOT FOR BUGS)