GG5 Sounds

Having problems with GunGame5 (NOT FOR BUGS)? Ask here!

GG5 Sounds

Postby nomx » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:24 am

Does anyone else have a problem with sounds not working?

We're currently running the server on linux, have tried it with nothing but ES and the GG mod installed. We also added Mani to see if sounds would work with it, but no sounds work. It's as if the "playgamesound" console command doesn't work at all, it just says the file it's trying to play couldn't load or something. I cannot remember the exact error wording. However, I went in one of our other servers and used the playgamesound command with some of the GunGame sounds, and they played just fine.

Any info on how to fix this would help, I just haven't had the time to try every little thing.
nomx

Recruit
Recruit

Re: GG5 Sounds

Postby XE_ManUp » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:12 am

nomx wrote:Does anyone else have a problem with sounds not working?

We're currently running the server on linux, have tried it with nothing but ES and the GG mod installed. We also added Mani to see if sounds would work with it, but no sounds work. It's as if the "playgamesound" console command doesn't work at all, it just says the file it's trying to play couldn't load or something. I cannot remember the exact error wording. However, I went in one of our other servers and used the playgamesound command with some of the GunGame sounds, and they played just fine.

Any info on how to fix this would help, I just haven't had the time to try every little thing.

Try sv_allowdownloads 1 in your server.cfg.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GG5 Sounds

Postby nomx » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:05 am

The downloads/uploads are working fine. The files play fine out of game, as well as using the playgamesound command while in another server. However, they don't work when in the GunGame server for some reason. We'll keep messing around with the settings and figure out something... or go back to GG3 or 4.
nomx

Recruit
Recruit

Postby maccauk » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:36 pm

wot is your ip for the server?
maccauk

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: macca

Postby Saul » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:13 pm

We use es.playsound(), not playgamesound. It uses the IEngineSound interface so there must be an issue with your server setup if you can't hear the sounds.

Can other clients hear the sound?
Saul

GunGame5 Developer
GunGame5 Developer

Xfire Name: saul0

Return to Troubleshooting (NOT FOR BUGS)