Server crash on map change

Having problems with GunGame5 (NOT FOR BUGS)? Ask here!

Server crash on map change

Postby catchon » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Hi there,
I dunno if here is the right place to explain my problem, so please excuse me if it's not.

I'm trying to run a GG5 server. I tried with ES 2.0.0.248 and 2.0.0.250. I also tried with es_tools 0.420 or gg_utils. When I start my server with es_load gungame in the autoexec.cfg, the server instantly crash, with the in the logs :
Removed info_player_c./srcds_run: line 374: 16270 Segmentation fault      $HL_CMD
Add "-debug" to the ./srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Fri Mar 27 23:00:31 CET 2009: Server restart in 10 seconds

So, I started my server without GG and there were no problems at all. Then I loaded manually the GG5 addon typing es_load gungame in the server console : the server didn't crashed, so I changed the map once, and there were no problems. I changed the map a second time, and the server crashed, always with the same error in the logs.

See here a plugin_print :
23:20:00 Loaded plugins:
         ---------------------
         0:<TAB>"Mattie's EventScripts, http://mattie.info/cs, Version:2.0.0.250"
         1:<TAB>"GunGame Utils 0.0.2, Predator, http://www.TwistedPlay.co.uk"
         ---------------------

I've been using the versions r581 and r586 of GG5.

I hope I've been understandable,
Thanks,

Hugo
catchon

Recruit
Recruit

Re: Server crash on map change

Postby catchon » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Up ? :oops:
catchon

Recruit
Recruit

Postby Don » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Sorry the guys have been away for a bit. I don't know what could be causing your crash. I hope one of the guys who can help will be along soon.
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Postby catchon » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:58 pm

No problem, I'll wait ;)
catchon

Recruit
Recruit

Postby eidolon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:53 am

I was getting segfaults on map change when someone joined a team as well. It would work fine for the first map but after a map change if someone joined a team the server segfaulted.

I disabled mani and it worked fine, so I went through and twiddled some mani options. The server stays up after I disabled these two options:
mani_team_join_force_auto 0
mani_team_join_keep_same_team 0

Not sure which is the offender, I didn't do further testing since I don't need either of them really.

Server setup is the latest versions of meta mod, mani, eventscripts, and gungame, with no other plug ins loaded, and gungame is the only ES script besides some anti-crash/hack stuff.
eidolon

Recruit
Recruit

Return to Troubleshooting (NOT FOR BUGS)