GG5 Lan-Problem

Having problems with GunGame5 (NOT FOR BUGS)? Ask here!

GG5 Lan-Problem

Postby Picco » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Hello there!

If i want to play on lan with bots, everything is fine, but if a real human join the Lan-Game, he joins with my level and weapon, an if he kills some bot, he levels up but me stays down allthoug i allready kill a bot.., till i die, then i have the same weapon like the player...

I think it is a SteamID Problem, we play over hamachi, and i must set "sv_lan 0" that my friend can join the game. Then we both have STEAM:ID:0:0XXXX...

Is it possible that i maybe change like in gungame 3 -> (es_steamid = es_username) and (attackersteamid = attackername)?

I like gungame 5 very much, thats why i try to solve the probleme.

Thanks for your help!
Cu Picco
Picco

Recruit
Recruit

Postby Don » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Yeah, trying to use GG5 without having Steam IDs is impossible at this time.
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Re: GG5 Lan-Problem

Postby your-name-here » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:54 am

Picco wrote:Hello there!

If i want to play on lan with bots, everything is fine, but if a real human join the Lan-Game, he joins with my level and weapon, an if he kills some bot, he levels up but me stays down allthoug i allready kill a bot.., till i die, then i have the same weapon like the player...

I think it is a SteamID Problem, we play over hamachi, and i must set "sv_lan 0" that my friend can join the game. Then we both have STEAM:ID:0:0XXXX...

Is it possible that i maybe change like in gungame 3 -> (es_steamid = es_username) and (attackersteamid = attackername)?

I like gungame 5 very much, thats why i try to solve the probleme.

Thanks for your help!
Cu Picco

So you're basically saying that you're running a non-steam server and client?

The answer is simple. You need a credit card, 20 dollars and an internet connection. Buy counter-strike source. Play over steam.
Problem solved.
your-name-here

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: your-name-here
Xfire Name: thinkerroad

Postby Picco » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:43 am

your-name-here wrote:

The answer is simple. You need a credit card, 20 dollars and an internet connection. Buy counter-strike source. Play over steam.
Problem solved.

We have the original CSS with Steam... witch Hamachi,it is the easiest way to play together... but we don´t get a right SteamID ...
If i start a decatedServer i need one more computer... that sucks...

Thx for your help
Picco

Recruit
Recruit

Postby your-name-here » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Picco wrote:
your-name-here wrote:

Problem solved.

We have the original CSS with Steam... witch Hamachi,it is the easiest way to play together... but we don´t get a right SteamID ...
If i start a decatedServer i need one more computer... that sucks...

Thx for your help

My bad then. It sounded like someone else's question who was using cracked steam. :roll:

But as to needing an extra computer, no you don't.
http://www.srcds.com/db/engine.php?suba ... 1097362093

You can also start a new game and make sure your ports are forwarded. Then tell your friend to connect to your IP:PORT (typically X.X.X.X:27015) You will get a legit steam ID either way.

If your computer isn't too good, I would suggest the new game option. It's much easier.
your-name-here

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: your-name-here
Xfire Name: thinkerroad

Return to Troubleshooting (NOT FOR BUGS)