When a player joins, server hiccups

Having problems with GunGame5 (NOT FOR BUGS)? Ask here!

When a player joins, server hiccups

Postby Shadow » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:39 pm

I have been having this issue since end of July now and it used to work fine prior, has anyone add an issue where when a player is joining the server at the moment where the name is being displayed lower left part of the screen telling you that player "blablabla" has join the game) and at this exact moment it will hiccup and kind of losing a fraction of a second back in time, like a one time lag and right after everything is back to normal. Has anyone have heard or had this issue? I know it is not the GG5 as I have a bomd/defuse and hostage mod server as well and at the same time both have started to do this. I have put a post this issue as well on srcds.com but didn't really had much on it. If anyone wants to see the post, here is the link http://forums.srcds.com/viewtopic/11677

I think it started when I banned someone off the server by steam id, he couldn't get back in it but was able for somehow to send chat message none stop on the server (spamming the server with chat messages like when you use the "Y" letter). And everytime he was sending a message, the server was doing that hiccup thing/lag.

I know it's not a GG5 issue, I am seeing a lot of knowledge here from many of you and I want to see if anyone would an idea in helping me to pin point the problem /cause :idea:

Thanks for any response :)
Shadow

Corporal
Corporal

Return to Troubleshooting (NOT FOR BUGS)