GunGame5.1 Private Beta Testers Wanted

Announcements about GunGame5

GunGame5.1 Private Beta Testers Wanted

Postby Warren » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Hello GunGame supporters!

We have been working very hard on the creation of GunGame5.1. It has come to the point where it is now running on several live servers, and we are looking for some private beta testers who would be willing to help us out by testing on their own servers before we make the push to a public beta.

In GunGame5.1 we have completely re-coded GunGame in python, yet again, but this time in a much better structure. We have utilized python packages, many included EventScripts features and libraries, and the newly required Source Python Extensions plugin. All of this has contributed to an amazingly fast version of GunGame, which is much easier to configure, maintain, and understand.

Requirements for GunGame5.1 Beta Testers:
  • You must have an active area for testing.
  • You must keep GunGame5.1 up to date on your server. We may be forced to remove you as a tester if you are consistently behind by many revisions.
  • You must report all issues that you find. We would appreciate receiving any suggestions or feedback you have as well.

An important thing to remember is that in these testings stages you may uncover issues with GunGame5.1. We will work as hard as we can to address the feedback which we receive, and produce timely solutions.
On the other hand, GunGame5.1 is already running live on a few servers. It appears to be running very smoothly, and any issues which have been reported, and are not in the pending issues list, have been resolved. If you are interested in checking it out, here are a few active servers it is running stably on:
connect 74.63.68.52
connect 69.65.58.121

If you feel that you meet the requirements listed above, please send me a private message. Your message should contain your server IP, any links regarding your gaming group (if you have one), and any reasons why you are interested in helping test or why you feel you would be a good tester.

Please understand that we cannot accept all applicants because we would like to keep control on the amount of feedback we receive at one time. If you do not receive a reply, please be remain patient while we continue pushing towards a public release.

On behalf of the GunGame developer team, we would like to thank you for your past and hopefully future support!
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

Re: GunGame5.1 Private Beta Testers Wanted

Postby Sir_Die » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:53 pm

I am representing New Revolution Gaming. Kryojenix recently posted on our site that if we were interested we could beta test GG5.1 and we would be very much up for doing that.
Sir_Die

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: i_die_a_lot03

Postby Chuck » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:29 am

Miss me Everyone! :)

Well I was talking to Warren this morning I was amazed by the improvements on GG5.1 (since most of you know I've been around since the beginning of the idea) I've have asked a few clans/communities to help out if they so wish to participate. I've gotten some positive feedback on it and like Sir_Die above me as an example. He should be able to test it on his server starting tonight. Thank you for your participation Sir_Die. Greatly Appreciate it!
Chuck

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: LordNikon1

Postby Sir_Die » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:01 am

No problem. This is the one game through the years that does not get old to me so I love to help make parts of it better. Remember our clan for future tests. Also just so you guys know I won't have this up and running until tomorrow night due to a busy schedule but my clan members are aware of it and will be looking for anything that should be reported. Thanks again guys.
Sir_Die

Private
Private

Postby MrGuvernment » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:03 am

Hello,

I am new to the site and in general new to cs:s and gg5 and running my own server.

I have played CS:S for years in clans such as infexXxious and 3-PG.

recently i have started our own dedicated server for people at my work who are into cs:s, so this area is new for me, i have just gotten gg5 setup on one server (but having issues of weapons not changing).

i am aiming to host a server for central america, i am in costa rica, originally from toronto, ontario, so this is a new challenge for me and i love it.

What i am saying is i have the flexibility to try out something new, i have friends who are close to understand a server may crash now and then. On the other hand i may not get a full 33 man server, but i can usually do 5-10 people now and then on an okay night, if needed i can call in close friends from www.3-pg.com to try my server to try and max it out.

So if you think i can qualify, i can run the beta and report all i can, as well as inform my friends to report client side issues.
MrGuvernment

Recruit
Recruit

Postby Warren » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:23 pm

Hello MrGuvernment,

Warren wrote:If you feel that you meet the requirements listed above, please send me a private message. Your message should contain your server IP, any links regarding your gaming group (if you have one), and any reasons why you are interested in helping test or why you feel you would be a good tester.
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sir_Die » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:19 pm

Was wondering if you guys had any particular way you would like me to advertise GG 5.1 in the servers name.
Sir_Die

Private
Private

Re:

Postby Warren » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:00 am

Sir_Die wrote:Was wondering if you guys had any particular way you would like me to advertise GG 5.1 in the servers name.

You can do whatever you want. ;)
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Evil_SNipE » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:56 am

Our group at Evil Land Xtreme CSS would love to test this out in our server. We have an open server which is at 72.249.10.20:27015 that we would like to use to test this out for you guys. We are running gun game 5.0.541 on all our servers right now and been running that for awhile.
Evil_SNipE

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: 96thddsnipeuraz

Re:

Postby Warren » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:08 am

Hello Evil_SNipE,

Warren wrote:If you feel that you meet the requirements listed above, please send me a private message. Your message should contain your server IP, any links regarding your gaming group (if you have one), and any reasons why you are interested in helping test or why you feel you would be a good tester.
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tnarocks » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:20 pm

I run my own server and would be willing to try out the new GG5.1
tnarocks

Corporal
Corporal

Steam Friends Name: {TAG}TNA ROCKS(ENGAGED)

Postby Warbucks » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:38 pm

tnarocks wrote:I run my own server and would be willing to try out the new GG5.1

Do this:

Warbucks

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Steam Friends Name: Warbucks81
Xfire Name: Warbucks81

Postby Sir_Die » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:24 am

Thought I would pass on to you guys that I have had this working on my server now for about 24hrs and everything is running great. Love the way you added a separate cfg for each add-on. Thanks guys.
Sir_Die

Private
Private

Postby .3lite » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:34 pm

I would like to test it aswell, but waiting for fix problem (Linux servers) reported in issues :P
.3lite

Private
Private

Postby k@rma » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:29 am

we have been running gg5 on our servers for a while id love to test this new 5.1 beta on our public servers to see if it can run more smoothly as well as if it has any issues after so many days

this will be a deathmatch style server that generally has about 10-20 players
we are currently revamping our gungame servers and making test servers so this would be a perfect time to try 5.1
thanks
k@rma

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: imsofakinghigh

Return to Announcements