Design the new GunGame5 Logo

Announcements about GunGame5

Design the new GunGame5 Logo

Postby Don » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:20 pm

We started a Logo Design Contest on 99designs. If you're graphically inclined go and enter.
I am 31% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Postby Bogie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:54 pm

Looks like you've got some good submissions so far. I've listed a couple of my own. If you have any feedback for me, please let me know. I have been idling the gg5 irc channel, so you can let me know there, or here, or on 99designs.

Thank you!
Last edited by Bogie on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogie

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: goober18k

Postby RedKeyDesigns » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:14 pm

I don't think this to be a problem; I am just posting here to try and get the best possible design for you guys.

Any feedback on My Entries would help me accomplish that. Posting it here and getting feedback here will also make this a lot easier :).

Good job on this site; I am an admin at a successful Starcraft league/forum as well as an General arcade/forum so I always enjoy checking out vB sites.

Dave @
RedKeyDesigns
RedKeyDesigns

Private
Private

Re:

Postby XE_ManUp » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:35 am

Bogie wrote:Looks like you've got some good submissions so far. I've listed a couple of my own. If you have any feedback for me, please let me know. I have been idling the gg5 irc channel, so you can let me know there, or here, or on 99designs.

Thank you!

So far Bogie, the design I like best from you is #33.

#26 and #24 are quite cool, but are somewhat "busy" and not very clear. The logo has to be designed to work on a variety of websites.

As far as #33 is concerned, I love what you have done with the text as far as the bullet holes. It adds character. However, there is no snake integrated into the design, and the shield makes a good background, but doesn't feel "tied in" to the logo. The snake is important, as it represents "Python", the coding language we use. The shield represents battle, as well as "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", which Monty Python is actually what the language was named after.

Thanks for your submission. I hope that you do not take this as a harsh criticism. This is just my opinion thus far.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Warren » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:41 am

I like #12 a lot Dave, and I was wondering if you could try to make it so it reads: "GunGame5" instead of "5 GunGame5".
The appearance is very nice with 5's on both sides, but when you look at it enough it can look weird that it doesn't read out "GunGame5" and has 2 of them.
Could you mess around a little with this:
http://content.screencast.com/users/Sc0 ... 7_1927.png
?

Great job.
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

Re:

Postby XE_ManUp » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:01 am

RedKeyDesigns wrote:I don't think this to be a problem; I am just posting here to try and get the best possible design for you guys.

Any feedback on My Entries would help me accomplish that. Posting it here and getting feedback here will also make this a lot easier :).

Good job on this site; I am an admin at a successful Starcraft league/forum as well as an General arcade/forum so I always enjoy checking out vB sites.

Dave @
RedKeyDesigns

Hello Dave, and thanks for complimenting the forums/site. They are still under construction, but we are getting there. Ok, down to the stuff that will help you...

#14 so far is my least favorite design of the 4 you have submitted thus far (no offense intended).

#13 I thought was really unique, and then you posted #28. I like the "3D" quality of #28 better than that of #13. On the topic of 28, I would be curious as to how it would look if you could possibly make the snake a little less "flat", or make the snake look etched as part of the shield. Either one would be cool. To be more specific, a 3D look to the snake, or an "etched" look to the snake (as if integrated into the shield, but still a different color to stand out).

I also like #12 a decent bit, too. It is a lot different from the other submissions, and gives us versatility to the design. I really like this concept as well. It would be nice to be able to use the same basic design in different ways, as you have in #12. Even having a short "GG" with the Python wrapped around the "5 shield" would be neat. I like this design as well.

So, #28 and #12 in my opinion are awesome.

#19 (although not done by you) is another example of one that I really like. I would also love to be able to shorten "GunGame" to "GG" in each case to make a smaller logo, as well as an extended logo with the full name.

#9 is also different, although I can't say exactly why I like it. I like the principle behind it, but the snake part would need some work.

#29 is also cool, but quite "busy", and the snake looks more like a cobra than a python. I'd like to see a logo that is "extendable" and readable in most sizes.

I hope that the above helps everyone understand my "opinions". Again, these are just my opinions. I love the work that I am seeing now. At first I was worried that we weren't going to get as many submissions as we wanted. :D
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Postby RedKeyDesigns » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:26 am

I really appreciate the feedback. Very thorough and professional; I'm impressed Image.

Glad you like it Sc0pE. I updated it. I hope that is what you envisioned.
Sc0pE wrote:I like #12 a lot Dave, and I was wondering if you could try to make it so it reads: "GunGame5" instead of "5 GunGame5".
The appearance is very nice with 5's on both sides, but when you look at it enough it can look weird that it doesn't read out "GunGame5" and has 2 of them.
Could you mess around a little with this:
http://content.screencast.com/users/Sc0 ... 7_1927.png
?

Great job.

I changed the snake into a gun and made it more metal/3dish like. Would you like to still see a snake 3tched in?
XE_ManUp wrote:
RedKeyDesigns wrote:I don't think this to be a problem; I am just posting here to try and get the best possible design for you guys.

Dave @
RedKeyDesigns

Hello Dave, and thanks for complimenting the forums/site. They are still under construction, but we are getting there. Ok, down to the stuff that will help you...

#14 so far is my least favorite design of the 4 you have submitted thus far (no offense intended).

#13 I thought was really unique, and then you posted #28. I like the "3D" quality of #28 better than that of #13. On the topic of 28, I would be curious as to how it would look if you could possibly make the snake a little less "flat", or make the snake look etched as part of the shield. Either one would be cool. To be more specific, a 3D look to the snake, or an "etched" look to the snake (as if integrated into the shield, but still a different color to stand out).

I also like #12 a decent bit, too. It is a lot different from the other submissions, and gives us versatility to the design. I really like this concept as well. It would be nice to be able to use the same basic design in different ways, as you have in #12. Even having a short "GG" with the Python wrapped around the "5 shield" would be neat. I like this design as well.

So, #28 and #12 in my opinion are awesome.

Dave @
RedKeyDesigns
RedKeyDesigns

Private
Private

Postby XE_ManUp » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:34 am

RedKeyDesigns wrote:I changed the snake into a gun and made it more metal/3dish like. Would you like to still see a snake 3tched in?

Of course I would. 8-)
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RedKeyDesigns » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:08 am

It is up.
XE_ManUp wrote:
RedKeyDesigns wrote:I changed the snake into a gun and made it more metal/3dish like. Would you like to still see a snake 3tched in?

Of course I would. 8-)

Dave @
RedKeyDesigns
RedKeyDesigns

Private
Private

Postby RideGuy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:13 am

Dave,

I know you've already put allot of work into this, and I know that we originally requested a shield, but is there anyway you could to #38 with a gun instead of a shield? I just feel it's a better symbol for the game, and people will not get the Monty Python reference anyway.

Thanks,
RideGuy
RideGuy

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Postby RedKeyDesigns » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:29 am

There ya go.
RideGuy wrote:Dave,

I know you've already put allot of work into this, and I know that we originally requested a shield, but is there anyway you could to #38 with a gun instead of a shield? I just feel it's a better symbol for the game, and people will not get the Monty Python reference anyway.

Thanks,
RideGuy

Dave @
RedKeyDesigns
RedKeyDesigns

Private
Private

Postby Saul » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:57 pm

#40-42: How about making the snake green instead of red/orange, along with the 5 on the 3D text? Just seems to make a little more sense.
Saul

GunGame5 Developer
GunGame5 Developer

Xfire Name: saul0

Postby Don » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:28 pm

I think we can make stuff any color we want Saul.
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Re:

Postby RedKeyDesigns » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:21 pm

Correct. If there is anything anyone of you would like to see, let me know. :geek:
Don wrote:I think we can make stuff any color we want Saul.

Dave @
RedKeyDesigns
RedKeyDesigns

Private
Private

Postby Artsemis » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:56 pm

For what it's worth... this is my first time really looking through them. After seeing every entry, my favorite is #38 by far. It's fairly plain, simple, and professional looking.
Artsemis

GunGame5 Developer
GunGame5 Developer

Steam Friends Name: Artsemis
Xfire Name: Artsemis

Re:

Postby Warren » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:01 pm

Artsemis wrote:For what it's worth... this is my first time really looking through them. After seeing every entry, my favorite is #38 by far. It's fairly plain, simple, and professional looking.

I agree.
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

Postby Bogie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:06 pm

I've gone through and updated my second style of design. I added a snake into it, though Not sure on the placement of the text. Let me know if you need it moved around.
Bogie

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: goober18k

Postby Predator » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:30 pm

#39 gets my vote. looks lovely :)

#67 looks quite nice also!

~Edd
Predator

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Steam Friends Name: predator_teddybear
Xfire Name: gppredator

Postby RedKeyDesigns » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:30 pm

Is there any more comments or suggestions for my designs?

Thanks

http://99designs.com/contests/12970/des ... 4#entry-75

Dave @
RedKeyDesigns
RedKeyDesigns

Private
Private

Postby RedKeyDesigns » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:28 am

Gotta admit, that sucks pretty hard. lol

Anyway, thanks for all the C+C guys, see ya around.

Dave @
RedKeyDesigns

PS: If any of you play Titties N Beer Dust2 server hit up my bro ABORT. That is actually where I found this contest from; the Tnbgaming.net forums.
RedKeyDesigns

Private
Private

Return to Announcements