Respawning Broken By the Valve Update? See here!

Announcements about GunGame5

Postby ryfisher2001 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:33 pm

This worked for me. Thanks! I was wondering if there was any way to get elimination working with this fix.
ryfisher2001

Recruit
Recruit

Re:

Postby Warren » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:23 pm

ryfisher2001 wrote:This worked for me. Thanks! I was wondering if there was any way to get elimination working with this fix.

If respawning is working for you, make sure the spawn command is set for gg_respawn_cmd from ../cfg/gungame5/gg_en_config.cfg.

Next, make sure you have gg_elimination 1 (and deathmatch set to 0) from ../cfg/gungame5/gg_default_addons.cfg
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

Postby Bmandk » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Hey

I have a problem. I have turned on deathmatch in gg_default_addons.cfg, and then i set gg_respawn_cmd est_spawn in my autoexec in my config. Bur its just not working.. Am i doing anything wrong?
Bmandk

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: 1995bman1995

Postby Bmandk » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Well, i fixed that, but now i have another problem. When i should respawn, then it just says "Respawning in 1 seconds" while not respawning... Any help? :P
Bmandk

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: 1995bman1995

Postby satoon101 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:27 pm

Since you are using ES_Tools for respawning, you probably just need the respawn fix. Unfortunately, the ES forums have had an issue and lost all attachments. However, you can find ES_Tools version .420, with the respawn fix already included, here.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Respawning Broken By the Valve Update? See here!

Postby pigeonzs » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:27 am

I been trying everything I followed all the steps but I am still unable to load deathmatch. Is there anyway any Mod can check out my settings on my server ftp and see if I did everything correctly? Thanks for you time. :oops:

this is exactly what I have in my autoexec.cfg btw

es_load gg_spawn
es_load gungame

pigeonzs

Private
Private

Postby Miki78 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:58 pm

I did have same problem like a you. nothing above did´nt help. finally i find the way how fix this problem. I did spend alot of time fix this. Only one way help me. I find last es_tool update. there was fixed one file, broken by Valve. FInd out last es_tool included fix of info.dat and then everithink will be working fine. Thrust me don´t look for anything else, just download this es_tool with fix info.dat. that´s all.
regard miki78
www.biohazard-zone.com
Miki78

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: miki78

Postby satoon101 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:54 am

@pigeonzs - just to make sure, you downloaded the spe_package.zip from the first post and installed it on your server, right? If that is a yes, could you please use plugin_print in your server's console (or rcon plugin_print in your client console if you don't have access to the server's) and post the output.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby elliot96 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:44 am

I installed the Es_tool because it would not respawn in 1 second .Now my Server is not working. what is wrong
elliot96

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: |TKD| MysticDragon

Postby smokegraff » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Hello, i read here that the last update of valve (1st february) fix the respawn problem using es_tools. But i still have the same problem using es_tools and gg_utils.
Please i need help

Smoke! from Argentina
smokegraff

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: smokercia

Postby satoon101 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Not sure where you read that. The Valve update last August broke respawning for 'all' plugins. There has not been a Valve update to 'fix' this, since there is nothing for Valve themselves to fix. You can find an updated ES_Tools here. GG_Utils has not been updated to respawn. I would recommend that instead of using ES_Tools, since it seems to no longer be supported, follow the instructions in the first post of this thread, and download the attachment. SPE was created, and is supported, by one of the GunGame5 developers. It will also be required in GunGame5.1 and for the foreseeable future of GunGame.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby maccauk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:46 pm

smokegraff wrote:Hello, i read here that the last update of valve (1st february) fix the respawn problem using es_tools. But i still have the same problem using es_tools and gg_utils.
Please i need help

Smoke! from Argentina

Dont work i tryed it your better of reading on how to get around it, in this thread :D
maccauk

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: macca

Postby metalfa_n1 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:08 pm

DONE---------
metalfa_n1

Recruit
Recruit

Postby scso1502 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:29 am

Does anyone know what causes respawn to stop working temporarily for some players? We have two GG Deathmatch servers and both have the same problem. Certain clients randomly stop respawning and we can't figure out why. It seems some clients have the issue more than others. I suppose it's possible, but I find it highly unlikely, that they are always filling the last player slot. It happens on all maps and at any random time of the day.

Plugins:
ES 2.0.0.252
ES SPE for respawning
SourceMod 1.3 + various plugins incl. SourceBans + HLStatsX CE
SourceMM 1.8

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming Community
scso1502

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: scso1502
Xfire Name: scsomaverick

Postby scso1502 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:23 am

I have removed the SPE package and I'm now using a new version of ESTools to with updated files that now works for respawning again. Doing this has resolved the random respawn problems our client players have been seeing since installing SPE to get respawn working again.

However there was a negative side effect when returning to ESTools for respawning. Now the SourceMod Quake sound triggers are not working correctly. The sounds trigger at the wrong times and sounds like Monster Kill, Double-kill and so on happen when they shouldn't. In fact, the Double-kill sound is triggered each time you get your first kill after respawning, even if you only kill one person. I have verified these problems on multiple GG5 DM servers using ESTools for respawning players with SourceMod Quake sounds. As a result, we have disabled Quake sounds for now until the issues is resolved in development.

I would like to encourage the GG develpment team to make sure the version of SPE they plan to include in the next version of GG is stable and doesn't cause the respawn issues the current version does.

Warm regards and thanks for Gungame. Our Community loves it!

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming Community
scso1502

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: scso1502
Xfire Name: scsomaverick

Previous

Return to Announcements