Orange Box Update - EventScripts Updated!

Announcements about GunGame5.1

Orange Box Update - EventScripts Updated!

Postby XE_ManUp » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 am

Please allow me to reiterate something here.

On June 23, 2010, VALVe announced via their news channel that a - Counter-Strike: Source Update Released. As you very well already know, this messed up quite a few servers (if not all). Relating to GunGame, here are the facts:
  • We are waiting on an EventScripts update that will fix the crashing.
  • Once we receive the EventScripts update, we have to test for any engine bugs.
  • If there are any engine bugs, we will fix them as soon as we can.
  • Currently, the EventScripts update is being worked on. I WILL NOT state a release date, but we are hoping that it will be within the next few days if all goes well.
  • GunGame/EventScripts is not "dead, broken, unsupported, borked, screwed, etc." Quite simply, an update came out that broke things that take time to fix, and each and every one of us has a life outside of the free coding we partake in to bring everyone enjoyment. Be patient, and everything will return to normal eventually.

Please refrain from posting new topic after new topic regarding the when, where, who, how, and why and as to how angry you are. This will not accomplish anything but to create topics that will confuse people later on when they come in search of answers, which is what this forum is for. If you want answers, I will give them to you.

When will the update be?
I don't know. Hopefully this weekend?

Will everything be the same after the update?
I hope so, although I can't guarantee that they didn't change something that won't take a while to fix.

Will you announce when there is a fix?
Of course we will...and we will link to every file/download that you need.Don't ask silly questions. I also plan on sending out a bulk e-mail (which we don't do often).

Will PMing moderators help me?
No, it will not. I am not answering Private Messages regarding this issue, as it is not one that we can control. Please do not Private Message us on this matter. You can get all of the help you need by reading the forums.

Please feel free to ask mature questions and keep the conversation civil on the forums.

Thank You,

Michael (XE_ManUp)
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pyro » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:02 am

Thanks man.

Appreciate the work that you guys do. It's all behind closed doors. Many people think it happens overnight but it don't. Look forwards to the fix.

If ya need someone public to test let me know :)
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Xfire Name: pyromaniac771

Postby XE_ManUp » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:20 am

Yeah, I wish the process were a little more open-ended, and I am sure that it will be here soon. However, I will update everyone here as soon as anything happens of relevance. Until I can get a working copy of EventScripts, we won't be able to test to see the issues with GunGame. SPE has released and update to fix respawning as well as working with Orange Box :

Get the update HERE.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GunGame and the VALVe Orange Box Update (crashes)

Postby [-NT-]T-8163 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:51 am

on behalf of NT (NewbieTrainer) I would like to thank everyone involved with GG. we recently updated about a month ago from GG3 to GG5(i know, it was a long time coming, but people didn't care it was out of date, they still played religiously (GG rocks(i wonder how many quotes within quotes i can go for))) only to have the new CSS beta update trounce our recent total rebuild of our serer files. we have a strong community of active regs and admins and forums, and we, like many others, are anticipating the various necessary fixes.

we've had CS servers continuously since ****1999!***** feel free to contact me for any and all beta testing. in the past 24 hours i've been swamped with many unique users asking when GG was coming back to NT2, to which i had to respond "eventually."

NT1~~~~ "vanillaish" 20 slot pub 216.246.37.189:27019
NT2~~~~ 18 slot GUNGAME (when it becomes available again- currently vanilla) 69.90.34.12:27015

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. you still have a strong player base.
[-NT-]T-8163

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: [-NT-]T-8163

Postby PabloP » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:48 am

Well, first I love you guys and you know we appreciate all your work on this, second, i know GCG GAMING or whatever they are called has gg 5.1 or some version of THIS gg running, which makes me go crazy! cuz i spent 8 hours trying to get my server working today and failed miserably lol, crash with basically anything installed, but I know its possible, anyway i'm not too worried about waiting for official updates just makes me feel inferior :[ also how do you make svr 100 tick? I was on a 100 tick svr tonight so i know its possible, anyway give urselves a big hug from me (sexy).
PabloP

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby Shadow » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:28 pm

PabloP wrote::[ also how do you make svr 100 tick? I was on a 100 tick svr tonight so i know its possible, anyway give urselves a big hug from me (sexy).

100 tic isn't working anymore, it is now 66 tic. I found this on SRCDS, you may like it, it gives you the new server.cfg config file with descriptions and also they are a bit talking about the tic rate as well if you follow carefully the posts. On the player side if you are set to 100 it will show but the server side it is 66.
http://forums.srcds.com/viewtopic/8433
Shadow

Corporal
Corporal

Postby nad » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:09 pm

gcmgaming does not have gg 5.1 running, they say they do in their server name just like I do cause Im too lazy too change it, but really they are running a different sourcemod version of gungame
nad

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: nadroj20

Postby PabloP » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Well, yeah i guess it was the sourcemod version, which wasnt workin for me because sourcemod kept crashing, but see if im in my server or most it says on net_graph 1 that the tic rate is 66, no matter what my rates are, but in one server i was at it would show 100 tick, so i thought i must be, dont know about that stuff though.
PabloP

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby pl4tinum » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:52 pm

Thanks for the post. All we really ask for is some kind of indication that things are being worked on. We don't get that from Mattie on his forum, and there was no word of what was going on here, so we start to ask questions.
pl4tinum

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: pl4tinum
Xfire Name: pl4tinum

Postby Demo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:10 am

@ XE_ManUp My server ip: 213.108.31.101:27030 running Linux did have the most problems with GG5.1. {Think I had 90% of the problems with GG 5.1 lol.}I have reinstalled the server to just a d2 only untill the fix. Please feel free to use it for testing if you wish. I think Warren still has the ftp info. If not, Let me know :)
Demo

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: setanta920

Postby pyro » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:14 am

Yeah guys, they are working on it... nothing happend overnight, mattie is flat out too... so just sit tight and all will be good soon ey :)
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby XE_ManUp » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:54 am

We are currently trying to struggle with getting an EventScripts GunGame5.1 server up. That is what is going on. If we are successful in getting EventScripts to load, we have to check for various bugs that might exist. So far, no dice on getting the server up at all.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jbrewer193 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:05 am

i wish you guys the best of luck ^^, a good majority of css gamers is waiting for this fix ^^
jbrewer193

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: jbrewer193

PostThis post was deleted by XE_ManUp on Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:19 am.
Reason: I will not tolerate this person advertising SM as ES

Postby Chris_C » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:18 pm

XE_ManUp
I can get a server up its just when the person spawns it crashes :(
Chris_C

Private
Private

Postby pyro » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Guys i think the first post explains everything...

Learn to read or gtfo... lol
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby Chris_C » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:02 pm

I think you will find I am not a toll and I did read.

I was explaining what the server actually does, it was not explained in the Op's thread what actually happens.
If you wish to be that hostile I will not post here any longer

I think you will find we do run many servers on this mod.
http://www.ukgamers.com/mod-plugins-hel ... issue.html

I am keeping my clients up to date, but either way your response will be seen by a few people
Chris_C

Private
Private

Postby XE_ManUp » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Chris_C wrote:I think you will find I am not a toll and I did read.

I was explaining what the server actually does, it was not explained in the Op's thread what actually happens.
If you wish to be that hostile I will not post here any longer

I think you will find we do run many servers on this mod.
http://www.ukgamers.com/mod-plugins-hel ... issue.html

I am keeping my clients up to date, but either way your response will be seen by a few people

Keep in mind that our good buddy pyro does not represent us. Also, I understood what you meant. The reason you crash is because EventScripts has a fatal bug in es.usermsg(). Once ES is updated, it should take care of it.

Thanks for your understanding.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

GunGame and the VALVe Orange Box Update (crashes)

Postby thatguyyoulove » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:32 pm

I know this isn't really the right place to ask, but you guys would be the most likely to know the answer. Has Mattie confirmed that he is working on a new version of EventScripts to work with the new engine? I can't find any sort of announcement or anything on his site or eventscripts forums.
thatguyyoulove

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: Megan Fox

Postby pyro » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:51 pm

My apologies.

I musnt have made myself clear. The point I'm making is that gungame does load however as XE_Manup stated (more than once) its the user messages that crash the server as soon as a player spawns. Other devs have said the same.

I'm sorry it just bugs me when people don't bother to do the research themselves before asking questions as many comments above have already been stated and answered.

Yes Mattie and your name here are working on an on an ES update. I've heard that they have been very busy do give it some time and all will be well. :)
pyro

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Next

Return to Announcements