[OLD] GunGame5 Memory Leak Fix (Windows)

Announcements about GunGame5.1

Postby Don » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:43 am

Yes, and Mattie isn't laughing about it either. When we say he's going through a rough patch that's the best we can tell you. He had a hiccup in his personal life and needs to get that straightened out first. Thanks for understanding.
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Re:

Postby XE_ManUp » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:22 am

TempletonPeck wrote:Hopefully in Version 5.1 it will be solved, even if Mattie hasn´t made it to release a Fix for 5.0

To answer that aspect, it will not be fixed in GunGame5.1 unless Mattie has created a new EventScripts version correcting the es.usermsg() function on Linux servers. We are personally working on limiting these types of interactions, but it's nothing that we can avoid due to the nature of messaging in GunGame.

Beyond that, I have the utmost respect for Mattie and for what he has done for the Source Community. I understand your frustrations, but it's not all that difficult to automatically reboot your server every 24 hours (which keeps memory from building up ridiculously high). Obviously, this does not correct the issue, but it is a step in the right direction.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GunGame5 Memory Leak Fix (Windows)

Postby your-name-here » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:23 am

Stock SRCDS is known to have memory leaks itself.
your-name-here

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: your-name-here
Xfire Name: thinkerroad

Re: Re:

Postby TempletonPeck » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:42 am

XE_ManUp wrote: but it's not all that difficult to automatically reboot your server every 24 hours (which keeps memory from building up ridiculously high). Obviously, this does not correct the issue, but it is a step in the right direction.

We reboot our Server 2times a Day, but as i previously mentioned we got the most successful gungame Server in Germany. There are about 1.400 Players everyday, so you can be sure that its still crashing at unexpected times. I also respect if Mattie has some Problems at the moment, but as you said it is really frustrating, yes.
---------------- aimroyale.de - Community for CSS, Gungame5 and Left 4 Dead ----------------
TempletonPeck

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: CandyVib3s

Postby lqhnybear » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm still having issues after a day or two the server is using large amounts of ram and CPU with no one in it. The server frame rate and tickrate go in the toilet and I have to restart the server. Again all the other servers on the same box have no issues.

Here's what I'm running on the GG server.

Mani v1.2BetaS-hotfix-2
    MM:S v1.7.1V
    EventScripts v2.0.0.250i
    SteamBans SouRCe v4.0.0
    GG5 5.0.586
    est_version 0.420
    spe_version_var 1.5.0a
HnyBear's WhoreHouse - 207.210.253.104:27015
lqhnybear

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Re:

Postby Monday » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:22 am

lqhnybear wrote:I'm still having issues after a day or two the server is using large amounts of ram and CPU with no one in it. The server frame rate and tickrate go in the toilet and I have to restart the server. Again all the other servers on the same box have no issues.

Here's what I'm running on the GG server.

Mani v1.2BetaS-hotfix-2
    MM:S v1.7.1V
    EventScripts v2.0.0.250i
    SteamBans SouRCe v4.0.0
    GG5 5.0.586
    est_version 0.420
    spe_version_var 1.5.0a

If you are running windows, you should be using ES 252, not 250i. If your using linux, then the problem is known and associated with ES running on linux. My advice would be to disable all addons besides gungame (and of course ES) and see if the problem still exists.... try to isolate the problem :ugeek:
GunGame Developer

If you ask something stupid before reading the instructions that are likely included in the files, I will make fun of you for being a lazy idiot.
Monday

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Postby lqhnybear » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:02 am

Monday wrote:If you are running windows, you should be using ES 252, not 250i. If your using linux, then the problem is known and associated with ES running on linux. My advice would be to disable all addons besides gungame (and of course ES) and see if the problem still exists.... try to isolate the problem :ugeek:

Silly me I forgot to change that to 252. I am using 252 on the server and still having the problem.
lqhnybear

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby lqhnybear » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:11 am

/bump
lqhnybear

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby XE_ManUp » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:40 pm

From what I can see, you are running the latest version of everything. However, I don't have an answer for you as to why your memory is increasing. I know that the memory leak fix works because we have it running on our personal server, and it no longer fills with memory. I would suggest using SPE to respawn players (posted in the respawn thread regarding Valve breaking respawning). Beyond that, you would likely have to look into other resources/plugins as to what might be causing the issue. GunGame is memory intensive, but would not cause the horrendous issue that you are talking about.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Postby Monday » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:25 pm

TempletonPeck wrote:Well, thats not funny any more, i have to say....

We´re hosting now the biggest Gungame Server in Germany and still this Memory Leak Effekt doesnt allow us to get better and bigger cause you cant say when the Server is crashing next time.

The Windows Fix has been realeased FIVE Months ago, nearly as soon as the Memory Leak went public. Now, in October, all Linux Servers are STILL waiting for that damn bug fix (and in fact most of all gungame Servers are based on Linux).

This Bug is killing Gungame5 seriously...

Hopefully in Version 5.1 it will be solved, even if Mattie hasn´t made it to release a Fix for 5.0

Complaining to us about this problem is really going to go nowhere.... If you really want to see it fixed, then switch to a windows server for the time being.. problem solved. :)
GunGame Developer

If you ask something stupid before reading the instructions that are likely included in the files, I will make fun of you for being a lazy idiot.
Monday

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lqhnybear » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:17 pm

XE_ManUp wrote:From what I can see, you are running the latest version of everything. However, I don't have an answer for you as to why your memory is increasing. I know that the memory leak fix works because we have it running on our personal server, and it no longer fills with memory. I would suggest using SPE to respawn players (posted in the respawn thread regarding Valve breaking respawning). Beyond that, you would likely have to look into other resources/plugins as to what might be causing the issue. GunGame is memory intensive, but would not cause the horrendous issue that you are talking about.

Sorry I haven't posted back, I've been out of town. I am using SPE to respawn players, and all my other servers are running the exact same addons, except for;
GG5 5.0.586
est_version 0.420
spe_version_var 1.5.0a

All the other server are also running 252 of ES with no issues. It's only the GG server that has the issue of ram soaring and server side fps dipping. I haven't restarted the server in a few days and just this morning it was operating at 25fps or lower when it is normally at 524fps steady. I'm starting to wonder is SPE EST or some function GG is calling is causing the problem.
lqhnybear

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby Monday » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:29 pm

Try to remove every addon/plugin but eventscripts, gungame, and spe.... Run that for a few days and see if you have the same problems...
Monday

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Miki78 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:29 pm

Hey guys, we have still problem with something like a this problem. we have gg5 on linux and still we have problem with memory leak and abnormal load of one core of procesor. we have core i5 and i thinking it´s could be a problem with evenscripsts on linux. please help ass.
our servers www.biohazard-zone.com
Miki78

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: miki78

Postby TempletonPeck » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:56 am

There is no help out there. The Linux Fix for the Memory Leak hasn´t been released yet. Just try to restart your Server 2 times a day, this could help a bit.
TempletonPeck

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: CandyVib3s

Postby Miki78 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:10 pm

I know. I exactly doing this thinks. I every day restart my servers this way. It helping for while, but our servers is permanent full of guys and it is a big problem by loading of one core of procesor. I hope that felers soon help as by that. I belive them. :roll:
regard
www.biohazard-zone.com
Miki78

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: miki78

Postby zoomj » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:41 am

To answer that aspect, it will not be fixed in GunGame5.1 unless Mattie has created a new EventScripts version correcting the es.usermsg() function on Linux servers. We are personally working on limiting these types of interactions, but it's nothing that we can avoid due to the nature of messaging in GunGame.

I'm sure you're more experienced to know about this than me, but would it not be possible to use, or create something similar to spe, to bypass eventscripts in regards to usermsg()? just a thought i had, but i'm not sure about such low level access without directly compiling an engine plugin, so this might be an ignorant suggestion. Nevertheless, it would be nice to have a working alternate fix considering the time it's been since this announcement.
zoomj

Recruit
Recruit

Previous

Return to Announcements