New Valve Update scraps our servers again :(

Ask questions and share info about GunGame 5

New Valve Update scraps our servers again :(

Postby Shadow » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:46 am

New update from Vale is forcing us to update our servers and they have again changed the directory structure to CSS instead of ORANGEBOX and are now unable to load my servers :(.
I made a copy of the ORANGEBOX directory and renamed it to CSS and tried the update but no success!
Has anyone faled into the same issue?
Last edited by Shadow on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow

Corporal
Corporal

Postby satoon101 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:48 am

Just got home. Very strange update. I don't have any time to test anything tonight, unfortunately. If you find anything else out, please feel free to post.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Valve Update scraps our servers again :(

Postby Nightmare-DK » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:22 am

Heey Shadow

I could hear at my host have to reinstall all counter strike source servers because of the new Valve update (begins to hate them)

But an advise, do you have ftp acess still, make a copy so you have it, because I lost all my files, and earlier I was at last finish to updating all the mods and so on, at my server.
Just in case you don't loose it all to

Kind regards Nightmare aka Thomas, sry my bad english, hope you understand what I typing
Nightmare-DK

Private
Private

Postby tnarocks » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:31 am

if you have a linux server diable mani and the server will start up. and if you have a windows server disable the addons folder and it will startup not sure which addon is making the windows server not startup.
tnarocks

Corporal
Corporal

Steam Friends Name: {TAG}TNA ROCKS(ENGAGED)

Re: New Valve Update scraps our servers again :(

Postby Budda » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:26 am

Nightmare-DK wrote:Heey Shadow

I could hear at my host have to reinstall all counter strike source servers because of the new Valve update (begins to hate them)

But an advise, do you have ftp acess still, make a copy so you have it, because I lost all my files, and earlier I was at last finish to updating all the mods and so on, at my server.
Just in case you don't loose it all to

Kind regards Nightmare aka Thomas, sry my bad english, hope you understand what I typing

reinstalling it isn't going to help. it still will say running older version
Budda

Private
Private

Re:

Postby Shadow » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:36 am

tnarocks wrote:if you have a linux server diable mani and the server will start up. and if you have a windows server disable the addons folder and it will startup not sure which addon is making the windows server not startup.

tnarocks,
what did you do exactly? Did you rename your existing ORANGEBOX directory to CSS and them run the update, then deactivated mani and it worked?

I do have a copy of my original GG51 before we had to update it. I kept a copy of it....
Shadow

Corporal
Corporal

Postby Shadow » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:58 am

By renaming the ORANGEBOX directory to CSS, running the valve update and deactivating mani works fine on a Windows 2003 server as well.
mani and quake sound seems to be broken by the update. At least GG51 is up and running and all the included add-ons I have activated on my server are working for me :D

Thank you guys for the info :)
Shadow

Corporal
Corporal

Postby Shadow » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:41 pm

I know it is not a GG51 but just as an FYI for those running Mani... , Mani released a new gametypes.txt that fixes the server crash.
Shadow

Corporal
Corporal

Postby tnarocks » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:03 am

the new gametypes did not work for me. i tried it and it didnt even start up with it. shadow are you in the hsx clan. if so add me to your list im in the tag clan if this is the same shadow that i am thinking of. if it is just find me under bottles friends list.
tnarocks

Corporal
Corporal

Steam Friends Name: {TAG}TNA ROCKS(ENGAGED)

Re:

Postby Shadow » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:59 pm

tnarocks wrote:the new gametypes did not work for me. i tried it and it didnt even start up with it. shadow are you in the hsx clan. if so add me to your list im in the tag clan if this is the same shadow that i am thinking of. if it is just find me under bottles friends list.

Sorry it is not the same shadow, I am not part of HSX. Did you updated mani_admin_plugin.vdf too? While updating gametypes.txt I did not take any chance and updated it too.
Shadow

Corporal
Corporal

Return to General Discussion