grenades not killing bots in last round

Ask questions and share info about GunGame 5

grenades not killing bots in last round

Postby metalrob169 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:07 pm

After 2 days scouring the internet for the needed files to get my LAN GunGame server working again(hadn’t played gungame in a while)I finally got all the needed files where they needed to be(THANK GOD) and was quite happy when I saw that I had it back up and running. However when me and my brother when playing on my server last night we noticed that we would get to the point of using grenades and they would NOT kill the bots on the server, I tried everything I could think of. Tweaking the bot difficulty, we even dropped nades right on the bots, nothing seemed to work. It was like they just laughed at us and said screw you and your grenades…am I doing something wrong, has anyone else had this same issue, If so how do I remedy this?

One other thing while im posting today, I would like to know how to tweak the number of kills between power up. Just one kill seams to easy and like to get maybe 3-4 kills before I level up to the next gun.
Last edited by metalrob169 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metalrob169

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: metalrob169

Postby satoon101 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Not sure why the grenades won't kill bots. That seems very strange. A single grenade will not kill anyone, so you might want to use either gg_earn_nade (with gg_nade_bonus enabled) or gg_multi_nade so that you can get multiple chances per life with the nade.

As for the multiple kills per weapon, we call that MultiKill. There are 2 ways to change the multikills. First, within whichever Weapon Order you choose, you can set each weapon individually to have different multikills. GunGame51 includes a very good example of this in the ../cfg/gungame51/weapon_orders/custom_weapon_order1.txt. The second way, if you wish "all" weapons (besides knife and hegrenade) to have the same multikill amount, is to use the gg_multikill_override in your ../cfg/gungame51/gg_en_config.cfg file.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby metalrob169 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:44 pm

thanks for that info, will post if this works :)
metalrob169

Private
Private

Postby metalrob169 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:35 am

Your information help me tremendously in both my issues. I was able to kill bots with Nades (having more then one), and I was able to tweak the number of kills between power up’s…thanks a lot :)
metalrob169

Private
Private

Postby metalrob169 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:32 am

i have another question regarding my server. i recently made the switch from using the Steam Source Dedicated Server to using the hlupdatetool, WAY better btw....anywho, i managed to get pretty much everything back upto the way i had it and was just wondering since you were kinda enough to help me out with my grenade problem in the past if you'd be so kinda as to help me again. you told me about the "gg_multi_nade 1" fix and that works great on both versions of my server but i hate having to run commands and would like to know if there is a way i can write that into a file somewhere and have it automatically do it when i start my gungame server.
metalrob169

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:51 am

That variable should be in your server's ../cfg/gungame51/included_addon_configs/gg_multi_nade.cfg file. Just load GunGame once on the server to create all of the cfg files, and then edit them to your liking.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby metalrob169 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:05 pm

all i can say is...you rock! once again your advice worked like a charm. thanks satoon101 :)

im so happy that i made the decision to start using the hlupdatetool instead of the steam version, now that i have everything set the way i want it all i gotta do is double click the shortcut on my server box and walk away, no configuration necessary it just does it all for me. I LOVE IT!
metalrob169

Private
Private

Return to General Discussion