Gungame Setup

Ask questions and share info about GunGame 5

Gungame Setup

Postby Nic_s » Fri May 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi

I'm a very casual gamer (Don't even play online) and I need some help.

I've only ever played on a Gungame server that's hosted at one of our monthly lans, but now I want to run it on my PC at home with a few friends.
I downloaded this: http://www.cstrike-planet.com/files/84- ... -CS-Source

... as it seemed like the easiest way to get it to work. I tried before and failed quite badly, but with this I got it working with no issues.

The reason why I'm posting is because I can't get it setup they way I want. I want to have it as Deathmatch with no teams, no rounds, and require 3 kills before you level up and get a new gun.

I've never done any modding of Counter Strike before, so I apologize if this info is already somewhere. I'm not finding it with Google.

Much appreciated
Nic_s

Recruit
Recruit

Postby satoon101 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:10 am

That is a very old version of GunGame. Here is the Installation page for the current version:
http://wiki.gungame.net/pages/Installation

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nic_s » Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 am

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I can't get that to work. It just says: Unable to load plugin "addons/sp_extensions_ep2"
And then: Unkown command "es_load"

I am truly a complete novice to anything mod related with CS and all the topics I find on the matter seems to be written in such a way as to assume the reader has some idea of what he is doing.

I think my version of CSS might be to old. What is the required CSS version to run Gungame 5.1?
Nic_s

Recruit
Recruit

Postby satoon101 » Sun May 12, 2013 1:08 am

2 questions. First, is this a dedicated server or a listen server (Create Game from in-game menu)? Second, if a dedicated server, did you use the SteamCMD to create your server?

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nic_s » Sun May 12, 2013 5:51 pm

This is not a dedicated server. I just want to Create Game from in-game menu.

I really know very little about this stuff which is why I haven't really bothered in the past.

Thanks for the help.
Nic_s

Recruit
Recruit

Postby satoon101 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:25 pm

To use plugins with a listen server, you need to add -insecure to your launch options. Unfortunately, doing so will stop you from joining VAC secure servers online. You will need to remove -insecure and restart the game to join those servers. For this reason, I always recommend using a dedicated instead to host the server.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion