New addon gg_teamwork

Discussion about Included Addons

New addon gg_teamwork

Postby satoon101 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:12 am

gg_teamwork is currently in Beta testing. Any issues, comments, feature requests, or bugs for gg_teamwork should be posted to this thread. I will try my best to keep this main post up-to-date with everything that has been posted in it.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby daggerclan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:49 am

When I restart the server the first map plays perfectly. But when the map changes the weapon order isn't being parsed. The game starts with deagle instead of glock and then goes directly to nade or knife. Here's what I see in my CLIENT console:

[ÐÄGGËR] Sarge connected.
[ÐÄGGËR] Sarge's LerpTime set to 100.0
Redownloading all lightmaps
Terrorists are starting the round on level 1 (glock)
Counter-Terrorists are starting the round on level 1 (glock)
{iFaRt}Fearless_Foxy killed {iFaRt}Hooker_Mommabear with deagle.
{iFaRt}Fearless_Foxy killed {iFaRt}Willy_Wonka with deagle.
Terrorists are starting the round on level 23 (knife)
Counter-Terrorists are starting the round on level 22 (hegrenade)
{iFaRt}Tater_Trott killed {iFaRt}Willy_Wonka with deagle.

Attached is the SERVER log after the map changes.
Attachments
console.log
(47.83 KiB) Downloaded 1049 times
daggerclan

Corporal
Corporal

Postby satoon101 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:27 am

I do not get that issue. Do you change weapon orders between maps? Actually, if you would, please attach your current ../cfg/gungame51/ folder so that I can test with your "exact" gungame51 settings.

One issue that I have noticed, and need to narrow down, is that if a player kills the last enemy and ends the round, it "says" the team leveled up, and even shows that they are on the next level to start the next round, but everyone is still on the previous level.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby XE_ManUp » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:14 am

How do they like the gameplay, dagger? ...in each mode.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby satoon101 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:27 am

I fixed the issue that "I" was having in Revision 564. I doubt it fixes your issue, but it is worth a shot. Keep the info coming. :)

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Postby daggerclan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:20 am

XE_ManUp wrote:How do they like the gameplay, dagger? ...in each mode.

I upgraded to r564 and haven't had any errors. I had 10 of my regulars playing and they absolutely loved it.

The only problems I had were players didn't know what it was. I had to explain to each of them as they joined.
We need an advert that says something like "This server is running GunGame Teamwork". And a short explanation of what it is.

After a couple of games they got the hang of it and liked it very much.

One thing I noticed was gg_turbo was inconsistent. Sometimes it gave the next weapon immediately and other times it was when the next round started.

The players didn't like that deatmatch wasn't working so I enabled elimination in game and they were satisfied with that.

My players want me to add this to the regular server. It's a fun addon and I will add it tomorrow.

I have 2 test servers running r564. One is normal deathmatch, turdo, multilevel, warmup and the other is this one with gg_teamwork enabled and gg_deathmatch, gg_handicapped, gg_warmup and gg_teamplay disabled. Both are running flawlessly. The deathmatch server is at 70.114.56.143:27025 and the teamwork server is at 70.114.56.143:27015.

Tomorrow I will be adding the teamwork addon to our normal production server at 75.102.38.148:27015.

It takes a little getting used to but after the players undestand it they love it.
daggerclan

Corporal
Corporal

Postby satoon101 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:35 am

Awesome to hear!!! Not sure how to really handle the "explanation" side of things in-game, but once you get more players understanding it, the easier it will be when new players join the server.

I'll look into the gg_turbo issue sometime, strange that that would be happening. I might join your server sometime to see exactly what you are talking about.

There are still quite a few things we need to narrow down before "releasing" an official version.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tnarocks » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:15 am

with the gg_teamwork and gg_teamplay can we use them in the winners menu with gametypes like dm or elim or reg?
tnarocks

Corporal
Corporal

Steam Friends Name: {TAG}TNA ROCKS(ENGAGED)

Postby satoon101 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:26 pm

Yup, it should work fine.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Included Addons