How to load/ install included addons

Discussion about Included Addons

How to load/ install included addons

Postby antihero898 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 pm

I know this is such a stupid question, but I have literally looked everywhere. Google, your search engine for the forums. I am just clueless... do we load using a config file? or do we type the commands into the servers cmd prompt? I just cant find the answer anywhere. I know you guys are going to yell at me for this, but I am brand new to dedicated servers. If you could point me towards a tutorial or video that directly tells me what to do to enable these addons, that would be awesome.

also, i tried to create gg_en_config.cfg because everytime i run my server, it gets deleted. I used someones code and just made a cfg out of it using notepad and pasting, and enabled which addons I wanted using 1 or 0. But when I went to start the server, nothing was loaded, and the config file dissapeared.
antihero898

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: antihero898

Postby satoon101 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:28 am

Odd that your gg_en_config.cfg gets "deleted" everytime you run the server. We use a system that creates that file if it doesn't exist and "updates" the file (if needed) if it already exists. The actual values you use in the file should be saved, so that it doesn't go back to just the default values.

The wiki pages are not completed, yet, and I really need to finish those up, but you can take a look at what we have there so far:
http://wiki.gungame.net/pages/Cfg/gungame51

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to load/ install included addons

Postby antihero898 » Sun May 27, 2012 3:02 am

what do you suggest I do to possibly fix the problem?
edit* where should I put the file if its possible i am putting it in the wrong folder?
antihero898

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Sun May 27, 2012 3:32 am

You shouldn't have to "put" the file anywhere. The file should be created in the server's ../cstrike/cfg/gungame51/ directory. All of the Included Addons .cfg files should be created in the server's ../cstrike/cfg/gungame51/included_addon_configs/ directory. You need to extract the "cfg" and "sound" directories from the install package the first time you install GunGame on your server. After that, there should be no need to extract either of those folders (unless in the future we add a new default sound or cfg file, which we will let everyone know about at that time). When updating GunGame, you should only need to extract the "addons" directory.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby antihero898 » Sun May 27, 2012 3:55 am

Hmm well for some reason the config file was never generated. I said screw it and used other code to create one myself. How would I necessarily load the config file then? I can tell its not loading anything based off this screen:

So say I wanted to run an addon.. wouldnt I just go into the config file and enter a 1 accordingly instead of a 0 unless other options are mentioned?
antihero898

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Sun May 27, 2012 3:59 am

Yes, those are all linked to on the Wiki page I linked you to:
http://wiki.gungame.net/pages/Cfg/gungame51
http://wiki.gungame.net/pages/Scripts.included

Each of the Included Addon Wiki pages shows what file you need to edit. I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't get to that point in the initialization if the cfg files weren't created and then executed properly. Are you certain you are looking in the correct directory?
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby antihero898 » Sun May 27, 2012 5:45 am

Which directory should it be?
antihero898

Private
Private

Postby antihero898 » Sun May 27, 2012 5:57 am

I just noticed there is no default_addons.cfg either and isnt created when starting the server
antihero898

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Sun May 27, 2012 2:08 pm

We removed that file not too long ago, since it only had 1 variable in it and it was to prune the database. It was moved into the gg_en_config.cfg file. I will remove that reference from the Wiki, thanks for reminding me to do that.

Again, all of this should be inside your server's ../css/cstrike/cfg/gungame51/ directory.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby antihero898 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:17 pm

i got it working man, I just ended up trashing the server and started from scratch and it magically worked. thanks for the help!

just one more question... is it possible to play certain surf maps while playing gun game? I have played that before in 1.6 but not source.
antihero898

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:59 am

I would imagine that is perfectly possible. I have not played that myself, but I do not see why it wouldn't work.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Included Addons