gg_assist v1.5 (updated 07/16/2011)

Area to post and download Custom Addons, as well as ask the author/users for help or support.

gg_assist v1.5 (updated 07/16/2011)

Postby XE_ManUp » Wed May 19, 2010 9:23 am

Description:
The only thing that counts in GunGame is who gets the kill to level up. Don't you hate it when you do 98 damage to one of your enemies and some lucky teammate who has been cowering behind you cracks off the final shot to steal your kill? Welcome to GunGame Assist - where you now earn assist points for the damage you have done which can be redeemed for a level once you reach 100 assist points. The points are awarded as a percentile of the damage that you have done. You can hoard the points and redeem them for a last minute takeover, or redeem them on that really annoying level that you hate them most. With GG Assist, your kills are always rewarded.

In Addition:
  • Players are only rewarded assist points for damage done to players that they did not kill.
  • If a player does not die and the round ends, assist points will not be rewarded.
  • You lose assist points on map change.
  • To redeem points, or view how many points you have, type !assist in chat.
  • Multi-language support is included, but I need translations for languages other than English.
  • To redeem points without entering the !assist menu, type !redeem in chat. (new in 1.3)

Requirements:
  • EventScripts 2.0 or higher
  • GunGame 5.1.445 or higher

Configuration Options:
  • gg_assist - on/off toggle
  • gg_assist_percent - the percent of damage to award (10% of 93 damage would be 9.3 assist points)
  • gg_assist_skip_knife - allow players to use assist points to skip knife level
  • gg_assist_skip_nade - allow players to use assist points to skip HEGrenade level
  • gg_assist_advertise - privately messages players each time they are awarded assist points
  • gg_assist_sound - sound that is played each time a player reaches 100 points
  • gg_assist_award_living_only (new in 1.2) - only award assist points to living players

Installation:
  • Extract this file to your server
  • Restart your server or reload GunGame
  • Edit the newly appeared ../cfg/gungame51/custom_addon_configs/gg_assist.cfg
  • Restart your server, reload GunGame, or run rcon gg_assist 0 then rcon gg_assist 1
Attachments
gg_assist_v1.5.zip
GG Assist v1.5
(6.1 KiB) Downloaded 1647 times
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Warren » Wed May 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Awesome!
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

Postby daggerclan » Wed May 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Yep, it adds a new dimension to the game for sure. And it's not as easy as it looks. Even at 100% reward I never got to 100 points after playing about 10 maps though I came mighty close. A definite must have.

Servers running this script:
http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=gg_assist&type=variable
daggerclan

Corporal
Corporal

Postby IPS TOONCES » Wed May 19, 2010 11:28 pm

great job!
IPS TOONCES

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Steam Friends Name: GENERAL-TOONCES

Re: gg_assist

Postby Evil_SNipE » Mon May 24, 2010 10:10 pm

I try using the gg_assist and when i reach the 100 points and redeem the points for a level up ....I still have 100 points to level up again and again....The points is not being remove after the points have been redeem for some reason.....Please help with this. Great concept though and love to use it in many of my servers....
Evil_SNipE

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: 96thddsnipeuraz

Postby XE_ManUp » Tue May 25, 2010 12:40 am

Frustrating - I am going to have to look more into this. It is going to take some time, though.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: gg_assist

Postby Evil_SNipE » Tue May 25, 2010 1:23 pm

yeah i was talking to Monday about it....Its a great concept and love to use it in my servers but would make it easy for everyone to level up if they reach the 100 assist points and they redeem them and they can keep redeeming those points through all the levels....When once they are use they should be reset back to 0 points or 100 subtract away if you have more the 100 assist points example 110 assist points - 100 redeem assist points leaves them with 10 assist points to try to get another 100 assist points....Wish you luck on this and can not wait for the completed addon because it will be great....
Evil_SNipE

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: 96thddsnipeuraz

Re: gg_assist (wait to download - still has a few bugs)

Postby daggerclan » Wed May 26, 2010 8:48 pm

XE_ManUp wrote:That's one of the features that I am planning to add - advertisements, that is. I have to add the bug fix that satoon101 so graciously provided, advertisements, and the ability to download custom sounds (forgot to do that in the first place, but if you leave the default sound it is fine).

I'm looking forward to version 2, especially the custom sounds. Speaking of which, I never hear the default sound file when I reach 100 points. I know it's in the right place because I clicked on it to hear what it should sound like. Does anyone else hear it?

As for the problem reported above by Evil_SNipE, I'm not seeing that on any of the 3 servers I have gg_assist running on. Maybe the bugfix made by satoon101 fixed that issue also.
daggerclan

Corporal
Corporal

Postby XE_ManUp » Thu May 27, 2010 12:49 am

Okay, I just released v1.1:

• Fixed the bug that prevented players from respawning as well as attempting to send messages and award points to players that are no longer on the server (thanks satoon101)
  • Added 3 per-round advertisements, which are randomized and do not display every round to prevent spam.
  • The gg_assist_sound will now download if set to other than the default sound.

Thank you all for your help, testing, and patience as I hope to nail the rest of these bugs down. Let me know if 1.1 doesn't do the trick.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby daggerclan » Thu May 27, 2010 6:46 pm

I installed v1.1 and have a problem with the gg_assist.cfg file. Each time I reboot my server it adds all the default config info to the bottom of the config file all over again. I edited out the extra info and marked the file read-only until this can be fixed. Other than that, everything else is working great including the sound.
daggerclan

Corporal
Corporal

Re:

Postby XE_ManUp » Thu May 27, 2010 7:31 pm

daggerclan wrote:I installed v1.1 and have a problem with the gg_assist.cfg file. Each time I reboot my server it adds all the default config info to the bottom of the config file all over again. I edited out the extra info and marked the file read-only until this can be fixed. Other than that, everything else is working great including the sound.

I haven't changed anything with the config at all; so I don't understand why this would happen. Let me test it locally and see if I can reproduce the issue.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby XE_ManUp » Thu May 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Okay - I can't seem to get this to happen.I'm not exactly sure how you are going about restarting your server, but I have tried multiple ways and not had this happen (quit, _restart, etc.). You may also want to confirm that this isn't happening with other configs as well. The only reason I say so is because I copied the exact structure from other included addon configs to this one, and they should work the exact same way.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby daggerclan » Thu May 27, 2010 10:31 pm

I re-installed it and it's working fine now. Here's what I did wrong, if it helps anyone else. I already had gg_assist installed from earlier so I deleted the gg_assist.cfg file but instead of deleting the gg_assist directory in custom addons I renamed it to old_gg_assist and then installed the new version. Looks to me like eventscripts saw both the old and the new and preceeded to make one gg_assist.cfg file for both directories. I may be wrong about that part. But needless to say deleting the old directory solved the problem.

Thanks for all your work on this XE_ManUp. And sorry for being such a pain. :oops:
daggerclan

Corporal
Corporal

Postby XE_ManUp » Thu May 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Actually, GunGame5.1 is dynamic to the point of being painful. I should have thought about that. What happens is that when GunGame is loaded, it loops through ALL directories in both the included and custom addon folders. It then searches for the addon_name_config.py to execute - which controls the creation and loading of the configs. It also searches for translations to load as well, but I digress. You are not a pain - you are a help.

I found another small bug today, but it is nothing nearly as critical as the previous. I will get out another update as soon as possible.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PabloP » Thu May 27, 2010 11:37 pm

If i just put 1.1 on can i use the old config so i dont have to reload/restart? or is it a different cfg? probly with ads huh..
PabloP

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Re:

Postby XE_ManUp » Fri May 28, 2010 12:00 am

PabloP wrote:If i just put 1.1 on can i use the old config so i dont have to reload/restart? or is it a different cfg? probly with ads huh..

The cool part about GunGame5.1 is that you don't have to worry about your configs getting overwritten. gg_assist v1.1 doesn't have any new config options, but 1.2 will - which I am about to release once I get done responding here. You can reload GunGame, restart your server, or simply do:

rcon gg_assist 0;rcon gg_assist 1

...to reload gg_assist.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby XE_ManUp » Fri May 28, 2010 12:07 am

gg_assist Updated!
Version: 1.2
Updated on: 2010-05-27 17:04:35
Version Notes:
  • Fixed a small bug to where occasionally, a player's damage would be carried over to a new round. Once a round ends, all damage counters are cleared (this does not mean you lose assist points, this is simply something internal).
  • Updated advertising to work better on Deathmatch servers while remaining unobtrusive.
  • Added slightly different coloring to the translation files in order to make the messages easier to read.
  • Added the config option gg_assist_award_living_only which (if enabled) will only allow living players to gain assist points. In other words, you have to be alive when the player you did damage to is killed in order to gain assist points from them.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: gg_assist v1.2

Postby PabloP » Sun May 30, 2010 8:34 pm

So, this seems so far to be working great, my only thing is the advertisements can get a little spammy, 3 a round sounded perfect, but i think im getting a lot more than that. at one point this popped up at beginning of round.

[GG Assist] Earn assist points for damage done to players that you don't kill.
so that should have been it for the round right? umm it wasnt though... anyway minor thing but i think they come up too often. <3
PabloP

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Re: gg_assist v1.2

Postby XE_ManUp » Sun May 30, 2010 8:39 pm

PabloP wrote:So, this seems so far to be working great, my only thing is the advertisements can get a little spammy, 3 a round sounded perfect, but i think im getting a lot more than that. at one point this popped up at beginning of round.

so that should have been it for the round right? umm it wasnt though... anyway minor thing but i think they come up too often. <3

I'll try to come up with a better system. Thanks for the input.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby XE_ManUp » Mon May 31, 2010 11:06 pm

gg_assist Updated!
Version: 1.3
Updated on: 2010-05-31 17:58:02
Version Notes:
  • Added the command !redeem as a shortcut to redeem assist points without having to open the !assist menu (as requested by EvíL SNipE ™).
  • Updated/fixed the advertisements to be less spammy (as reported by PabloP). Now, a random advertisement is chosen every 30th time a player spawns.
  • Fixed a typo in one of the advertisements.
  • Added a new advertisement for the new !redeem command.
  • Now plays the levelup sound when you redeem your assist points.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Downloads