gg_scoreboard v1.9

Area to post and download Custom Addons, as well as ask the author/users for help or support.

Postby satoon101 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:50 am

Updated script to use new offsets for setting deaths.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: gg_scoreboard v1.4

Postby deathpunk » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Is there a way to change it so the deaths are always set to zero but the kills/score is set to the level a player is on?
I've seen a similar setup on a few other servers but can't figure out how to do it.
deathpunk

Recruit
Recruit

Postby satoon101 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:27 pm

If the multkill value for each level is only 1, then it should already do this if you enable gg_scoreboard_multikill. If you have multikill values higher than one, you can force the value to always be 0 by modifying 2 lines in the ../addons/eventscripts/gungame51/scripts/custom/gg_scoreboard/gg_scoreboard.py . At the very bottom of that file you will see 2 lines that use ggPlayer.multikill in them. Change ggPlayer.multikill to 0 and that should do it. You will want to restart your server (or at least GunGame itself) after making that change. Also, make sure that gg_scoreboard_multikill is enabled, otherwise the values won't be set.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deathpunk » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Cheers for the fast reply Satoon.

This seems to have worked =)

One small question though, if you kill an enemy, the deaths stay at zero, however if a TK happens, the person who is killed gets a 1 death until the end of the round and then resets back to zero again.

Is there a way to avoid that from happening?
deathpunk

Recruit
Recruit

Postby satoon101 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:22 pm

I noticed this happening earlier today, though it even happens occasionally without it being a TK. I'll upload a new version sometime today/tonight that should hopefully fix this issue.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby satoon101 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:13 am

Ok, updated. Hopefully that fixes the player_death issue.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Donut » Wed May 25, 2011 12:29 am

It would be exstreme awesome if you can made a option to make you death into how many assist you have done!

if it's possible to make, i would be sooo awesome! :D
Donut

Recruit
Recruit

Xfire Name: Mark Staun Nørgaard

Postby satoon101 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:46 am

I just noticed that the death offset was changed recently, so I updated the script. I also now use the frag offset instead of the "score" command to set the player's score to their current level.

Also, you can now have the deaths set to either the current multikill for the player (this has been implemented since version 1.2) or even the number of kill "remaining" for the player's multikill. So, if you set gg_scoreboard_multikill to 2, and a player's current weapon requires 5 kills, and they currently have gotten 2 kills with that weapon, their deaths will show 3 , since they need 3 more kills on that weapon to get to the next level.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: gg_scoreboard v1.6

Postby addem1234 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Cool! you remade this :D
I remember my attempt at this, it was so buggy and badly coded...
0mg i can haz sig?!?!?!?
addem1234

Private
Private

Re:

Postby cooLLedge » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:48 am

satoon101 wrote:If the multkill value for each level is only 1, then it should already do this if you enable gg_scoreboard_multikill. If you have multikill values higher than one, you can force the value to always be 0 by modifying 2 lines in the ../addons/eventscripts/gungame51/scripts/custom/gg_scoreboard/gg_scoreboard.py . At the very bottom of that file you will see 2 lines that use ggPlayer.multikill in them. Change ggPlayer.multikill to 0 and that should do it. You will want to restart your server (or at least GunGame itself) after making that change. Also, make sure that gg_scoreboard_multikill is enabled, otherwise the values won't be set.

I just noticed that the death offset was changed recently, so I updated the script. I also now use the frag offset instead of the "score" command to set the player's score to their current level.

Also, you can now have the deaths set to either the current multikill for the player (this has been implemented since version 1.2) or even the number of kill "remaining" for the player's multikill. So, if you set gg_scoreboard_multikill to 2, and a player's current weapon requires 5 kills, and they currently have gotten 2 kills with that weapon, their deaths will show 3 , since they need 3 more kills on that weapon to get to the next level.

Satoon

Hello,

Please can you help, I am running Gun Game 5.1, Mani Admin Plugin v1.2.22.6, MetaMod:Source v1.8.7V, EventScripts v2.1.1.370, SourceMod v1.3.8 - It is on a Win2k3 Dedicated server. It takes 1 kill to level up and gg_overkill command is set to 1. I have set your two commands in the config that is automatically created to 1.

It shows the players level in the deaths, and then shows the players kills in kills. However I am hoping to try get it to show the players current level in kills and the deaths to stay on 0 forever. I have tried also changing the .py file as suggested above and that is also not working. Each time i have tried something new I had restarted the server.

Please could you advise, or ask if you require any more information. [if you require a look yourself: 109.70.148.19:27015 is the IP]
cooLLedge

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:59 am

Are you certain you have the newest version? The only way that the "deaths" can possibly be showing the "level" is if you have an older version. The offsets were changed recently, and the new deaths offset is the same as the previous frags offset. Update to the newest and have both values set to 1.

Also, you can just set gg_multikill_override to 0 (instead of 1) and it will use the default values from your weapon order file.

With gg_scoreboard_multikill set to 1, since you only need 1 kill to levelup, the deaths should always show as 0. Again, this is with the newest version (1.6) which was uploaded a few weeks ago.

In future versions, I plan to add a cvar that shows the version of this addon that the server is running.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cooLLedge » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:02 pm

thanks for the reply, i just redownloaded 1.6 which is on the front page and reinstalled, and it is still doing the same. I've changed the settings to what you advised. [if you require a look yourself: 109.70.148.19:27015 is the IP]
cooLLedge

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:16 am

I really don't know what to tell you. The offsets in 1.6 are correct, and it works fine on my Windows server. It seems odd that it would work differently on your server (which is also Windows). The only way this is possible is if the offsets are incorrect, but that doesn't make any sense at all (unless they were changed manually in the file). The only other thing I can think of is that you have some other plugin interfering with the script. Not sure how that would be, but it is the only theory I can come up with. Try disabling SourceMod, Mani Admin, and MetaMod to see if the problem persists.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cooLLedge » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:41 pm

one thing i have noticed is kill_offset seems to be setting my deaths :P has there been a change in offset recently?
cooLLedge

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:06 am

I'm not sure what could be happening at this point. I just re-checked the offsets earlier today, and they were the same. It also still works perfectly fine on my server. Maybe you might try updating your server with the -verify_all parameter to see if your server for some reason isn't "fully" up-to-date.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby satoon101 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:11 pm

The offsets were changed again with the last update. I updated the script accordingly. Now at version 1.7

Also added a public variable so that the version on any given server can be known.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: gg_scoreboard v1.7

Postby Corvette911 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:12 pm

One issue that can be misleading for newer server managers, and this might explain the config not being generated posts from earlier, is that in the initial post it sais it can be installed by copying the files and using gg_scoreboard 0 and then gg_scoreboard 1.

This method does not create the config files nor does it make the gg_scoreboard_config.pyc file. This could explain issues some people had in the past with the config not being generated.

A server reboot is all that is needed in those cases and it compiles the config and generates the files in the cfg folder. Or a restart of gungame51..and load a new map or the current one may act strange if people are half way through..

The looking at my old config file (V1.5) it would actually have worked since i use gg_scoreboard_multikill 0, but still best to have everything up to date.

Hope this helps..

Hmm no place to Woot in here...Woot+10 for all your work Satoon anyways :)
Corvette911

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: Corvette911

Postby satoon101 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Good point about the setting to 0 then 1. I think I was going off of a template or something when I created that. I have now edited that out (not only for this addon, but for my other one's as well).

Though, it "might" have done that prior to all the changes made in recent months (I don't think it would have, but it might). I'd have to test an old version of GG51 to figure that out.

Thanks for the +wootage. Maybe I can talk the team into adding some sort of feature like that to the forums.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: gg_scoreboard v1.7

Postby bullethvac » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:48 am

I dl this add on and it has a file structure of gungame51>scripts>custom>gg_scoreboard. Do I leave this structure as is when i add it to my server.. and where do I add this? The instructions simply say add to your server, in my cs folder? cfg folder? Thanks in advance for the help!

B
bullethvac

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:31 am

Leave it in the directory structure and install it to your ../css/cstrike/ folder. The path overall will be ../css/cstrike/addons/eventscripts/gungame51/scripts/custom/gg_scoreboard/gg_scoreboard.py etc...

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Downloads