gg_teamplay_deathmatch v1.0

Area to post and download Custom Addons, as well as ask the author/users for help or support.

gg_teamplay_deathmatch v1.0

Postby satoon101 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:54 pm

gg_teamplay_deathmatch

Description:
  • Players level up as a team.
  • This version, unlike the Included Addon gg_teamplay, respawns players and uses kill totals instead of rounds to level teams up.

Installation:
  • Extract this file to your server
  • Restart your server or reload GunGame
  • Edit the newly appeared ../cfg/gungame51/custom_addon_configs/gg_teamplay_deathmatch.cfg
  • Restart your server or reload GunGame
Attachments
gg_teamplay_deathmatch_v1.0.zip
(8.23 KiB) Downloaded 1231 times
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: gg_teamplay_deathmatch v1.0

Postby Creepingdeath » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Has anyone ever had an issue with a teams level getting "stuck", meaning that it hangs at a certain level and won't advance no matter how many kills the team gets? This happens every time I've tried to run this addon. The other team was able to continue on to eventually win. The last time, I was on T with one other guy and we were leading the game on Glock. Both of us on Glock and we both had over 20 kills each with it. At that point I decided to let the other team kill me at will to see if they continued to advance and they did. I don't see any errors or conflicts when the server starts up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, this is a Windows 7 machine and I'm running GG51.
Last edited by Creepingdeath on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creepingdeath

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:35 pm

That seems "odd" and almost impossible... Do you have the messages turned on? More specifically, the Level Info messages (gg_tp_dm_level_info)? If not, enable that. If you already do, or once you have enabled it, could you look at the HudHint that pops up when you get a kill and each time you spawn and see if there are irregularities within the message?

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Creepingdeath » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:38 pm

I checked and it was set to zero. I'll post back with more after trying it. Thanks.
Creepingdeath

Private
Private

Postby Creepingdeath » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Ok so.... I actually found something else right before firing up the server. I decided to check the teamplay deathmatch cfg to make sure it was set ON. In the process, I noticed that the Multikill Type (gg_tp_dm_multikill) was set to 2. It should be 0 or 1. I changed that to 1 as well. The maps play all the way through without hanging the whole team but there's still something glitchy in it. At least you don't get permanently stuck on a level though.

It does seem like if a player is AFK, it holds the team back from advancing. Need to play it more to get a good handle on exactly what's happening there. Going to look at the AFK settings.

Also, when a new player joins in, they start on level 1 regardless of the current team level. Once they die, they spawn at the current team level. Going to look at the settings for new players for this one.

Last, there always seems to be one player that's a level behind but this could be related to the 2 above issues.

The game was better and seemed to progress all the way to a final winner so at least that's working now. Any suggestions on the other issues are very welcome. I'd like to get this running smoothly with no glitches.

Thanks again.
Creepingdeath

Private
Private

Postby Creepingdeath » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Well, I checked my other settings and apparently Deathmatch in the "included addons" was set to 1 so I'm not sure what effect that would have. I've turned it off in it's cfg file and we'll see what happens next time.
Creepingdeath

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:20 am

Well, it shouldn't matter whether gg_deathmatch is set to 1 or not, as this addon loads it automatically if it is not already loaded.

I'll look into the other issues, but I am fairly certain the script has most of that functionality already built-in (like changing player level on player_spawn, which would not leave them on level 1).

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Creepingdeath » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:15 pm

You are correct about it not mattering if deathmatch is set to 1. I checked the script for teamplay_deatmatch and there's nothing about changing player level on player_spawn in the cfg... unless I'm missing something. LOL
Creepingdeath

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 am

It isn't a config option, it should just automatically do it. I just checked the script, and that certainly is in there. The only thing that would stop it is if you have another addon loaded that prevents player leveling. Though, if you did, then no one would be leveling.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Creepingdeath » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:20 pm

UPDATE:

Well, I've tried a couple of more times and I just can't seem to get this working correctly. When it's 2 on 2, it seems to work. Add a 3rd player on either team and they will spend most of their time one or more levels down than the rest of the team and their kills don't count towards the team leveling up to the next level. New players will always start on LEVEL 1 and it usually takes 4 or 5 kills to level up. After a couple of minutes in the game, they will finally level up. At one point, I was in the lead on T. I was the only player on 21. Everyone else was on level 20.

The other problem I'm having now too is map changes crash the server but I think there's another thread for that problem.

Not sure what the next move is here or what to try. I turned off every addon that I thought could help a player level up (like assist) or prevent them from leveling up. Nothing seems to have made a difference. Suggestions?

Mike
Creepingdeath

Private
Private

Postby Creepingdeath » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:56 pm

OK so... it's been a while and I thought I would update.....

When running this addon on our LAN server, for the most part, it works but we still have to issue where one player gets "stuck" on a level for a period of time. You are still able to kill opponents but it stops counting it towards your teams multilevel and you don't level up with your team. At one point in yesterdays game, I'd gotten 20 kills with the deagle. The rest of my team kept leveling up without me. I believe I was 3 levels down when I suddenly leveled up to match my team and my kills were counting towards the teams multilevel again. It seems to happen to everyone playing the game at one point or another during the round. And again, I can still kill the opposing team. You can see the kills posting in the upper right corner like normal...just not counting towards the team level. Typical games for this LAN server have maybe 10 people in. Starts up with maybe 3-4 and more people get in as it goes. This is a lunch time server at our work. We play for fun but it would be nice work these "bugs" out.

Just looking for clues on where to look to solve the issue. We're playing the game anyway... just accept the fact that you might get stuck. LOL But if I can find the problem and solve it, that would be great.

Mike
Creepingdeath

Private
Private

Postby Creepingdeath » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:56 pm

no ideas or suggestions?
Creepingdeath

Private
Private

Return to Downloads