1 vs 1 Knife Round

Request a custom addon/script you would like to see made.

1 vs 1 Knife Round

Postby Worm » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:33 pm

When there is only 1 player on each team, a vote is presented to both players to go to a knife-only round.
If they both agree, they are given knives-only and (optionally) marked with a beacon and then must fight to the death within a specified amount of time.
Optionally, both players are teleported to the same area. The remaining round time is displayed on screen.
If the time runs out, both players are killed.
Worm

Recruit
Recruit

Postby Monday » Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 pm

knifep3n .. it allready exists.
Monday

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1 vs 1 Knife Round

Postby Methos » Mon May 17, 2010 10:45 pm

is there already a command to disable the teleporting feature in the final 'knifefight'? When teleported the players are occasionally stuck together.
Methos

Private
Private

Postby Monday » Wed May 19, 2010 8:11 am

Methos wrote:is there already a command to disable the teleporting feature in the final 'knifefight'? When teleported the players are occasionally stuck together.

You need to ask the players in your server to make sure they move around after pressing 1
GunGame Developer

If you ask something stupid before reading the instructions that are likely included in the files, I will make fun of you for being a lazy idiot.
Monday

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby emopandas » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:49 pm

yes knifep3n exists but after the update does it still work? because if not i would like to see this too
emopandas

Private
Private

Postby lqhnybear » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:19 am

knifep3n is great but if it doesn't work if it's a elimination server. It'd be nice to have some sort of 1v1 knife mod either built into GG or make is that there is a cvar you can set in GG to allow knifep3n to work properly when in a 1v1 situation.

I constantly see it where there are two people left, they say yes to the fight then GG respawns players and the keep getting slayed because a knife fight is in progress.
lqhnybear

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby laffytaffy » Mon May 23, 2011 12:41 am

you can stop the slaying and waiting timer from knifep3n.spy
laffytaffy

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: afgflyguy45
Xfire Name: laffytaffy

Postby wtfaatp » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:06 pm

The way around that could be as easy as creating your own script that detects how many people are still alive and as soon as there is only 1 each team. unload elimination and fire the knife fight question. You however would have to make sure to enable elim back up after the fight.

I've been trying to get something like this to work for a while. :\ However my clan opted to go gg DM so i just dropped the project. would love to see someone else give this a go.

Edit also.. If you look in the .py file for elimination it has its own respawn timer. Turn that into a cvar and all you would have to do is have knifep3n changed the cvar to like 99 when it launches the vote.
wtfaatp

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: Darkangel2022000

Postby Monday » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:15 am

I actually wrote a knife fight module for gungame 5.1, however it is still in private testing.... If you want something to look forward to, you can join my server and see it in action. 216.52.148.99:27015 I have no ETA when I will release it to the public, I want to make sure I have any possible bugs ironed out first.
Monday

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Corvette911 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi Monday,

I emailed you a few days ago about your script,and well i've worked out the basic issues i had and have gotten a modified version to work under elimination, i had to modify gg_elimination however only efficient way to do it and not cause server lag. I'm having one or two issues with it some minor others major...i've included my work in progress ..Be warned...this will most likely crash your server...also if i unload the addon during a map it causes major issues...if i try to reload it it causes many exceptions faults...

Main issue is server crash on players quitting as knife round is just about to start or on map changes i've put the debug functions on as shown in the must read section and hope to do more testing.

I've also experiemented with a 2v2 and 3v3 knife fight scenario at round end which required to modify Turbo as well and an other script to give extra health to attackers when they get a knife kill...but in reading this might be in gungame51 and i might be able to use that one..

My lack of python coding experience and knowledge of the integration into the global Gungame package has made it chalenging but i'm enjoying it..

I've included the modified monday_knife as well as the modified elimination, turbo and multilevel.py I realise you are busy but i think there is a huge demand for such a script..i get requests to run this on my server daily...and will keep trying to fix the issues..but will apreciate any help i can get..
Attachments
monday_knife mod package.zip
Modified monday_knife.py, elimination.py, turbo.py and multilevel.py
(19.28 KiB) Downloaded 955 times
Corvette911

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: Corvette911

Postby Corvette911 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Using the debug command for eventscript things run so slow that crashes happen less often...here is the logfile generated of the crash and a screenshot of the error message i received...this happened on a server rejoin...this is a private windows server i use for testing...with everything our public server uses for scripts.

Hope this can provide some insight for someone..
Attachments
srcds crash monday_knife.zip
log files of crash issue having on server using the program
(986.26 KiB) Downloaded 958 times
Corvette911

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: Corvette911

Postby tnarocks » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:57 am

I am having a problem setting up my configs with mondays knife mod with the new warmup round. its not loading right it says that its loaded but its not working for some reason.
tnarocks

Corporal
Corporal

Steam Friends Name: {TAG}TNA ROCKS(ENGAGED)

Return to Script Requests