GunGame 51 - scoreboard

Request a custom addon/script you would like to see made.

GunGame 51 - scoreboard

Postby JUD4S » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:44 pm

First of all - nice job with newest version of Gungame 51.
In my opinion there are two major things improved - average weapon on start and gg_vote_list.
Anyway there is something missing and its important for me because I cleaned the chat area from any leaders notifications. So now what I need is just simple scoreboard the same that was available for GunGame 5.0.

I guess it`s not much work to make it compatible with 51.
I was trying to run it by just copying it to GG51 custom addons folder but it`s not working.
I don`t know how to make it right so I am asking for a help.
JUD4S

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: 123_JUD4S

Re: GunGame 51 - scoreboard

Postby XE_ManUp » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:14 am

It is honestly not as simple as I would like, but here are the files you would need:

../cstrike/addons/eventscripts/gungame51/scripts/custom/gg_scoreboard/gg_scoreboard.py (the script)
../cstrike/addons/eventscripts/gungame51/scripts/custom/gg_scoreboard/__init__.py (so Python can find the script)
../cstrike/addons/eventscripts/gungame51/scripts/custom/gg_scoreboard/gg_scoreboard_config.py (the cfglib script that generates the config)
../cstrike/addons/eventscripts/gungame51/scripts/custom/gg_scoreboard/gg_scoreboard.ini (the script's translation file - if needed)

I wish I had more time to explain, but unfortunately, I have to get to bed. What I can say is to look at the included addons (such as gg_elimination) to see how they are laid out. You can basically copy/paste the gg_elimination_config.py and replace the wording with the config you want to generate if you do so carefully. cfglib is the thing that controls configs as well as what controls the addons loading and unloading with GunGame5.1.

I do plan on eventually doing a tutorial, but haven't had the time. In the meantime, feel free to ask questions and we will be happy to answer to the best of our abilities.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Script Requests