Enhanced Map Voting

Request a custom addon/script you would like to see made.

Enhanced Map Voting

Postby lqhnybear » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:35 am

OK so the common dilemma on any server with map voting is 1 spammers. The arguement being that they do not have enough time to pick a map while playing so they spam 1 or 2 for the most part unless already dead when the vote comes up. Currently there is no warning that a map vote is about to start and this is a problem for most as they have binds that will choose the map by accident. I myself use my scroll wheel for changing weapons and find all too often I am selecting a map by scrolling forward or back on my mouse wheel.

Here is what I suggest. Hopefully in the form of an addon to be released prior to the next GG major release but also as a hopeful addition to the next GG major release.

(Note this is all based on a 24 slot server. Numbers would very depending on server size)
First off map voting will continue to use the gg_vote_list.txt with one small change.
    Allow not just for players required for map to show in vote, but for min and max. In other words if you have a very small map that fits 0-12 people comfortably but anything over 12 is just too much you'd have this in the gg_vote_list.txt
      gg_smallmap 1-12
    and that map would only show up in voting if there are 1-12 people connected. For larger maps it'd be.
      gg_largemap 13-24
    This change is crucial because all too often people vote on a map with a full server and then the map is so small they leave because they aren't having any fun. Next thing you know the server is cleared out.

Second map voting upon reaching selected level to start a vote, would wait until the next roundstart, and give warnings during active round that there will be a "XX" second delay on next round to vote, then delay roundstart for "XX" seconds while map voting is in progress. During this time no movement is allowed and players can vote without having to spam 1 or 2. Any player not selecting a map choice in this time frame would still be allowed to vote after the time set as the menu should not disappear until they've selected their choice.

Third it should have sounds to indicate the map voting has started and finished. I don't remember which mod does this, I think it may be MAP, but for vote start use the HL2 sound "Time To Choose" and when people select a choice have a sound indicating the key click to that user. Then when the map has been selected have a voting end sound, again like MAP.

I feel this would greatly enhance the map voting process. I am willing to make another donation if you guys can crank this and some other addon suggestions I've made out. :)

p.s. The idea for the change of the gg_vote_list.txt came from PabloP in this post.
HnyBear's WhoreHouse - 207.210.253.104:27015
lqhnybear

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Re: Enhanced Map Voting

Postby lqhnybear » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:55 am

No comments on this one? Wow I thought I had a hell of an idea with this one. :)
lqhnybear

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby lqhnybear » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 am

/bump
lqhnybear

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby PabloP » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:13 am

PabloP

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Postby lqhnybear » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:47 am

yeah, not really what I'm looking for and I don't run SM. Thanx for the suggestion though.
lqhnybear

Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Return to Script Requests