All same level | weapons don't change

Having problems with GunGame5 (NOT FOR BUGS)? Ask here!

All same level | weapons don't change

Postby unterkiefer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Hey guys!
I have installed GunGame 5.1 and it's running, but i got a few problems.

1. If my brother joins, he gets the weapon of my level, thought he should be lvl 1. i think were always the same level for some reason.
2. If i kill an enemy and level up, i don't get the next weapon instantly but have to wait until the next round.

I think there was another bug but idk right now..

I hope you can help me! : D
If you need informations just tell; i did not know what kind of informations i should add.

unterkiefer :D
unterkiefer

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: unterkiefer

Postby satoon101 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:25 pm

For number 1, could be 1 of 2 things. First, it could be that you have gg_handicap set. With gg_handicap, when players join the, they start out on the average level or the lowest level. Or second (which I'm slightly inclined to believe, since you also say "were always the same level for some reason") is you are running a "cracked" version of CSS, and you should look here:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=801

For number 2, you need to have gg_turbo set to 1. You can change that in your ../cstrike/cfg/gungame51/included_addon_configs/gg_turbo.cfg

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: All same level | weapons don't change

Postby unterkiefer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Well first, thanks for the fast answer :D

to no. 1: i checked it.. but all handicap options are set to 0.
we both use the original steam version but thanks, i may need this for lan parties :D

to no. 2: i changed it but steam is still loading so idk right now if it worked, but i guess it has to :P
*EDIT*: i still don't get the weapons.. : (
*EDIT2*: i now mentioned that i also can only make one level per round.
unterkiefer

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:49 pm

GunGame works perfectly fine for LAN parties. It uses a uniqueid (which for LAN players is their IP address, for Internet players is their SteamID, and for Bots is their name), so it "will not" have that issue with everyone running Steam versions of CS:S.

gg_turbo "is" what you set so that you get the weapon right when you level up, and not have to wait till the next round. You might be experiencing the issue noted at the bottom of the Known Issues of the Installation page. Note, this will not affect your first issue, as gg_handicap is off by default.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby unterkiefer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:09 pm

well sorry but these guides are no help for me at all..
my folders have other names and they're talking about files i don't have..
idk, it's all a bit strange.
unterkiefer

Private
Private

Re:

Postby satoon101 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 am

unterkiefer wrote:my folders have other names and they're talking about files i don't have..

What do you mean "have other names", and "files i don't have..", exactly? If you are running a Source Dedicated server (whether through the Steam=>Tools or HLDSUpdateTool), you will have the exact same folder structure.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby unterkiefer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:28 pm

I got Source Multiplayer Dedicated Server and the folders' name is:
source 2007 dedicated server

i don't have a file called autoexec.cfg and the folder cstrike didn't exist at first. it appeared a bit later but idk how and why..
unterkiefer

Private
Private

Postby daggerclan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:08 pm

unterkiefer wrote:1. If my brother joins, he gets the weapon of my level, thought he should be lvl 1. i think were always the same level for some reason.

I've only heard of this happening on cracked steam versions. In any event the files need to be installed in your server's orangebox/cstrike game directory. If your using
Source 2007 Dedicated Server then your running the old engine. You will need to update to the Orangebox engine.
daggerclan

Corporal
Corporal

Postby satoon101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:22 am

That folder name is actually correct.

So, you are using the Steam=>Tools version of the dedicated server then. So, instead of looking for orangebox/cstrike/ you would be looking for source 2007 dedicated server/cstrike/ . If you have no 'cstrike' directory in there, boot up the server and start a CS:S server with it. That should create the appropriate folder.

Though, I would 'highly' suggest using the HLDSUpdateTool instead. I have always had less issues with that version compared to the Steam=>Tools version, and 'all' of the folders are visible, instead of mostly being in the .gcf files. Either way, the autoexec.cfg file is 'never' there until you create it. Same for the server.cfg file.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby unterkiefer » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:11 pm

Okay...
i now got the other version.. i installed and started it and it updated.
now, should i remove the steam -> tools version?
and where is a tutorial to that version? cause idk how to start the real server, otherwise i'd already have created the folders..^^
unterkiefer

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:38 am

Here is a good tutorial on setting up a server:
http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewtopi ... 12&t=17875

If you are not using Mani Admin, you can ignore that whole section. If you have questions, please post them here, and we'll help as best as we can.

*Edit: there is no 'need' to remove the Steam=>Tools server unless you don't want it taking up hard-drive space. If you 'want' to remove it, right click on it and select "Delete local content".

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting (NOT FOR BUGS)