Custom Addon issue

Having problems with GunGame5 (NOT FOR BUGS)? Ask here!

Custom Addon issue

Postby Richard » Wed May 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Kay, this might be a gravedig, but the gg_winner_display doesn't work on my server currently. We're running Gungame turbo 5.1 and It doesn't seem to create the config file after extracting + restarting.

Thanks. Richard
Richard

Recruit
Recruit

Re: gg_winner_display

Postby tnarocks » Thu May 19, 2011 1:38 am

goto the cfg file for winnerdisplay and change the address at the bottom from http://gungame5.com/gg5_win.php to http://gungame.net/gg5_win.php' and it will work.
tnarocks

Corporal
Corporal

Steam Friends Name: {TAG}TNA ROCKS(ENGAGED)

Postby Richard » Sat May 21, 2011 11:36 am

tnarocks wrote:goto the cfg file for winnerdisplay and change the address at the bottom from http://gungame5.com/gg5_win.php to http://gungame.net/gg5_win.php' and it will work.

Thanks for replying.

Do you mean the cfg made after restarting the server? Because my problem is that the cfg in the cfg/gungame51/custom_addon_configs/ file doesn't create it's self.

Or do you mean the gg_winner_display_config_py file (which i extracted from the zip file to here /cstrike/addons/eventscripts/gungame51/scripts/custom/gg_winner_display)

I edited the gg_winner_display_config.py file and replaced http://gungame5.com/gg5_win.php with http://gungame.net/gg5_win.php

Thanks for the help

Richard.
Richard

Recruit
Recruit

Postby tnarocks » Sat May 21, 2011 4:38 pm

i meant the cfg in this folder /orangebox/cstrike/cfg/gungame51/custom_addon_configs
tnarocks

Corporal
Corporal

Postby satoon101 » Sun May 22, 2011 1:23 am

You shouldn't modify anything in the .py files unless you know what you are doing. If the cfg file isn't created when gungame51 is loaded, then you might have an issue with folder permissions on your server.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby daveh1234 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Hey, We (richard and I) have tried installing this addon onto our GG server but it is broken.

You extract the files to the correct place and restart the server, this then for some reason unloads the GG5.1 plugin so that it isn't running.
It also as richard said does not create a .cfg file in the custom_addons.

Yes we have folder permissions and the server is running GG5.1 and the latest EST, Metamod and Sourcemod. GG5.1 works perfectly well however this addon does not.

Any help please? Anyone actually used this plugin with the latest versions?

thanks,

|FP| Dave & Richy - GG Server
daveh1234

Private
Private

Postby tnarocks » Sun May 22, 2011 9:51 pm

im running the plugin right now and its running fine for me
tnarocks

Corporal
Corporal

Postby daggerclan » Sun May 22, 2011 11:11 pm

Is it possible you extracted the file to a folder other than cstrike?

daveh1234 wrote:server is running GG5.1 and the latest EST

Did you mean SPE instead of EST?
daggerclan

Corporal
Corporal

Postby satoon101 » Sun May 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Yes, please be certain that you extracted the files to the correct directory on your server. Even without changing the URL, the addon works perfectly fine for me. It creates the .cfg file in the correct directory, and the MOTD comes up with the winner's stats.

Also, since you did end up modifying the .py file, you might be encountering an error that is causing issues. Please reupload the files and make sure they overwrite the old ones.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby daveh1234 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:20 am

Hey, thanks for the quick response and everything but none of it helps.

I just did a fresh install of the winnder display, restarted the server. No cfg was made and when joining the server the GG mod is unloaded and so its just a huge knife fight.

Screenshot of files in correct directory and none of them have been edited from their originals:

Urm, running:
EventScripts Dev Build 366
Sourcemod 1.3.7
Metamod 1.8.6

SM Plugins:
"Admin File Reader" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Admin Help" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Admin Menu" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Advanced admin commands" (0.16) by 3sigma
"Advertisements" (0.5.5) by Tsunami
"AFK Manager" (2.8) by Liam
"Anti-Flood" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Ban Commands" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Chat" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Comm Control" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Commands" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Info Triggers" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Client Preferences" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Votes" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Fun Commands" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Reserved Slots" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Fun Votes" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Sound Commands" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
"Player Commands" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC

The server doesnt run any other custom addons, this is the first one we have tried to install. Been up and running for over a month now running GG5.1 fine.

The only permissions from are server host are that we cannot install/add .dll files but .py files work fine and the DLL files get installed by our server provider.

// Gun Game 5.1

es_load gungame51
es_xload autokick_disabler
exec bots_cfg.cfg

That is what is in our server.cfg for the GG mod.

Any help would be really helpful, and thanks in advance :)

Dave

Edit: Quick thought, if anyone could post/upload their CFG file for this addon then maybe we can manually add it to the server? Not sure if this would help or not tho
Edit Edit: .... So after trying to install the 'Winner Menu' custom addon, i have the exact same problem. Server restarts, gungame says it is running but its not working and no CFG file is created. When i remove the customaddons folder and restart the server, everything works fine and back to normal. I dont care so much about the winner menu as this was just to see if it would work but i really could benefit from the winner display
daveh1234

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Ok, could you post a picture of the server's ../cstrike/cfg/gungame51/custom_addon_configs/ folder? If there is nothing in there, it almost has to be an issue with permissions. Either that, or you are encountering an error on load that is causing the load to not fully happen. To find out if that is the case, please download, install, and load the following addon "prior" to loading gungame51:
http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/view/excepthook

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby daggerclan » Mon May 23, 2011 5:07 pm

I might be totally off base and Satoon will know for sure but the file structure looks like the legacy file structure. The addon is looking for this path:
../addons/eventscripts/gungame/scripts/custom/gg_winner_display/__init__.py

The 2 dots in front represent the orangebox and cstrike folders. In your case, you don't have an orangebox folder.
daggerclan

Corporal
Corporal

Postby satoon101 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Actually, I find it odd that there is no orangebox folder in your picture. Are you certain you don't have gungame51 installed in both ../cstrike/addons/eventscripts/ and ../orangebox/cstrike/addons/eventscripts/ ? I just want to be sure, since I have never seen a server 'not' use 'orangebox' in the path since the big CS:S to OrangeBox update.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Postby daveh1234 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:49 pm

satoon101 wrote:Actually, I find it odd that there is no orangebox folder in your picture. Are you certain you don't have gungame51 installed in both ../cstrike/addons/eventscripts/ and ../orangebox/cstrike/addons/eventscripts/ ? I just want to be sure, since I have never seen a server 'not' use 'orangebox' in the path since the big CS:S to OrangeBox update.

Satoon

The server wouldn't run at all if it wasn't on orangebox, its just that there is no point in showing the orangebox folder as we dont have access too it and you dont need it.

I will try and install that link in a second. by installing the 'except hook' do you mean not loading GG at all or loading the except hook first in the server.cfg i.e.
es_load except hook then
es_load gungame51
??
And no there is nothing in the custom addons cfg folder because we do not have any custom addons installed that work, the CFG files for sourcemod and GG as a whole were created fine and having set up 3 different servers using the same company i know i have full permissions.

Ok so i installed 'Except hook' and added es_load excepthook at the beginning of the server.cfg that contains all the settings and gungame loads.

// Gun Game 5.1

es_load excepthook
es_load gungame51
// exec bots_cfg.cfg

I installed it and restarted the server for safe measure, and the following files are in the excepthook folder:

_init_.py
_init_.pyc
excepthook.py
excepthook.pyc
excepthook_intructions.txt

Nothing else is in there, no exceptions.txt file. I tried this with both winner display added and without it and nothing changed.

I also tried it with es_xload autokick_disabler - disabled and then es_load gungame51 - disabled and still nothing changed or happened.

The server is 100% on orangebox proof here:

and yes i tried installing the winner menu after updating the platform just in case, but it was only minor fixes so nothings changed.

IMO? i think excepthook isnt working as it hasnt been updated for a very long time.
Last edited by daveh1234 on Mon May 23, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daveh1234

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:21 pm

If all of that is true, then there must be an error you are getting. You will want to have excepthook (no space) loaded prior to gungame51. So, whereever you have es_load gungame51 , put es_load excepthook on the line prior:
daveh1234 wrote:
// Gun Game 5.1

es_load excepthook
es_load gungame51
exec bots_cfg.cfg

Also, the reason I mentioned the orangebox folder is that the Gameserver's Linux server we use to test has both a ../cstrike/ folder (remnant from the pre-OB update) on it as well as the new ../orangebox/cstrike/ folder.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Postby daveh1234 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:38 pm

satoon101 wrote:If all of that is true, then there must be an error you are getting. You will want to have excepthook (no space) loaded prior to gungame51. So, whereever you have es_load gungame51 , put es_load excepthook on the line prior:
daveh1234 wrote:
// Gun Game 5.1

es_load excepthook
es_load gungame51
exec bots_cfg.cfg

Also, the reason I mentioned the orangebox folder is that the Gameserver's Linux server we use to test has both a ../cstrike/ folder (remnant from the pre-OB update) on it as well as the new ../orangebox/cstrike/ folder.

Satoon

Edited my post above :) i did put es_load excepthook and it said that it was loaded when i did rcon es_load excepthook. The same for installing it:

] rcon es_install excepthook
es_install: excepthook already installed

] rcon es_load excepthook
[EventScripts] excepthook was already loaded

daveh1234

Private
Private

Postby Donut » Tue May 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Why is the config-file in
..\addons\eventscripts\gungame\custom_addons\
and not in
..\addons\eventscripts\gungame51\custom_addons\
Donut

Recruit
Recruit

Xfire Name: Mark Staun Nørgaard

Postby satoon101 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Donut wrote:Why is the config-file in
and not in

It shouldn't be in either of those folders... If your's is, something went terribly wrong in your installation. It should be in ../cfg/gungame51/custom_addon_configs/ :
../gungame51/scripts/custom/gg_winner_display_config.py wrote:
config = cfglib.AddonCFG('%s/cfg/' % es.ServerVar('eventscripts_gamedir') +
    'gungame51/custom_addon_configs/gg_winner_display.cfg')
It is set up correctly. The only way it could be in the wrong directory is if you changed the above line or moved the file.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby daveh1234 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:02 am

satoon101 wrote:
Donut wrote:Why is the config-file in
and not in

It shouldn't be in either of those folders... If your's is, something went terribly wrong in your installation. It should be in ../cfg/gungame51/custom_addon_configs/ :
../gungame51/scripts/custom/gg_winner_display_config.py wrote:
config = cfglib.AddonCFG('%s/cfg/' % es.ServerVar('eventscripts_gamedir') +
    'gungame51/custom_addon_configs/gg_winner_display.cfg')
It is set up correctly. The only way it could be in the wrong directory is if you changed the above line or moved the file.

Satoon

Not quite sure who and what donut is on about, because whatever he said doesnt make any sense.

And sorry satoon, nothing has developed in our case.

Anyone else want to tackle it etc i'll just run down whats happened:

- Windows Server
    - EventScripts Dev Build 366
    - Sourcemod 1.3.7
    - Metamod 1.8.6

- When installing winner display, and restarting server gungame51 addon breaks and no config file is made in the custom addons folder
    - None of the custom addons, of which i have tried 3, work and all do the same.

- full permissions on the server, 100% on orangebox

- Except hook found nothing or didnt work, not sure which.

So yeah.. not sure where anyone wants go from here, i'm all but giving up tbh but if you want me to continue to help solve this problem then i am fine with that :)

Thanks,

Dave
daveh1234

Private
Private

Postby satoon101 » Wed May 25, 2011 2:23 pm

ExceptHook works perfectly fine. It will only create the exceptions.txt once it has encountered an error. Looking at your first pic again, I notice that the .pyc files haven't been created. Did you take that right after a fresh install, or after you had loaded GunGame?

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Troubleshooting (NOT FOR BUGS)