REQUEST~ GG51 w/map prefix

Having problems with GunGame5 (NOT FOR BUGS)? Ask here!

REQUEST~ GG51 w/map prefix

Postby tutimane » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:07 pm

I am sooooooooo lost I cant successfully install gungame to save my life. Ive tried listening to people in forum posts and wiki installation guides even guides on game banana. I am a lost cause trying to install this thing. :oops:

Hopefully someone here can make me a quick map prefix mod so i can add to my cstrike folder to just make it work with gungame51. So everytime I load a gg_map file it will load the script. Once I see how you did it I will try the same for dm zm fy and things like that with other mods.

Maybe this info will help but I dont have a dedicated server, and I do have a legit steam. To be clean i deleted my cstrike folder so I cant make any random errors. I just want to be able to click create server and load a gg map with a friend or some bots. (theres not enough of a variety maps out there on servers)

Thank you for reading and the rewards are 5 internets and a big THANK YOU. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I greatly appreciate any help, currently I'm migrating from the steam forums.
tutimane

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: tutimane

Postby satoon101 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:17 pm

Just to be sure, you did add -insecure to your launch options, correct? Let's make sure that EventScripts/SPE are loaded first. Once we know they are, then we'll work on making sure GG is loading and then that the map prefixes are working correctly.

Also, no big deal, but I moved this to the "Troubleshooting" forum, which is more fitting for the issue.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby satoon101 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:29 pm

I just read your update on the Steam forum. To add -insecure, you want to go to your Steam=>Library and right click on Counter-Strike Source. Choose "Properties". Once in properties, you should already be in the General Tab. Click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..." and enter -insecure then click OK. Again, if you ever want to join VAC secure servers online, you will have to remove that from the Launch Options before booting up CS:S.

Also, I'm not sure if you have been to the Installation page, but you'll want to consult it when installing GG:
http://wiki.gungame.net/pages/Installation

Make sure you have those Prerequisites installed or GG will not load.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tutimane » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:28 am

Thanks! I finally Loaded GunGame Correctly

The whole time I had to add -insecure

With that map prefix script you showed me, where do I add that because the download wasnt working for it
I almost want to start my own server now, you can edit so much on gg51
tutimane

Recruit
Recruit

Postby satoon101 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:55 am

You are right. I'm not sure how long that link has been down, but that isn't good. Well, unfortunately I can't find a local copy of it currently, since I'm not at home, and I do not have the time/opportunity currently to write a similar script for you. For now, you might try just using Map Config files instead.

A brief explanation of how to make map config files:

• Create a folder inside your /cstrike/maps/ folder called cfg
  • Inside the /cstrike/maps/cfg/ folder, create a .cfg file for each and every map that you run on the server.
    • NOTE: make sure the file is <mapname>.cfg and not <mapname>.cfg.txt
    • Also, as an example, the cfg file for de_dust2 would be de_dust2.cfg
  • Inside each map cfg file that needs to run GunGame, put:
    es_load gungame51
    • Do the same for all other maps. It should load all scripts that need loaded on that map and any server variables specific to that map or gametype should be set in there as well
  • Inside you server's /cstrike/cfg/server.cfg (if there is no such file, create one) you will want to have default settings as well as es_unload for each script
      So, you will definitely want the following in that file:
      es_unload gungame51
    • All other EventScripts scripts that are specific to certain maps should be unloaded in this file as well
Any other questions, feel free to ask. There "might" be some issues with running it this way. It worked before CS:S moved to the OrangeBox-engine, but things could have changed after that move. I haven't tested using Map Config files in a long time (something I really need to do).

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: REQUEST~ GG51 w/map prefix

Postby tutimane » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:53 am

I just wanted to say thanks a lot for your help. With out you I would have rage quit on all modding for counterstrike.

I loaded gungame51 with the es_load gungame51 in the map cfg folder like you said. It works like a charm. But when I add es_unload gungame51 in server.cfg file in the cstrike/cfg then it auto unloads gun game.
And as you've guessed If i dont have the server config file the next map no matter what will be gungame.

Im going to make a cfg file for evermap loading gungame, deathmatch or zombie mode so is it safe to add a es_unload (all possible mods) before I load so when I start a new map it unloads anything thats possibly on and starts up the next desired code like gungame.

Its going to be awesome to load custom mods on certain maps like bullet time on the matrix map! :D
tutimane

Recruit
Recruit

Return to Troubleshooting (NOT FOR BUGS)