LAN GG 5.1 Deathmatch issues

Having problems with GunGame5 (NOT FOR BUGS)? Ask here!

LAN GG 5.1 Deathmatch issues

Postby benswimming » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:33 am

Hey guys,

I am trying to get a GG server up and running to bring with me to the LAN Party at PAX EAST.

I had lots of issues, especially that one with everyone leveling up, but installing the standalone server, instead of the steam tools fixed that.

The issue I am having now is GG_Deathmatch is not working. It loads it correctly, but doesn't work. I also have turbo, and a few other addons on as well, and they work fine.

There are no errors in the logs they are completely blank.
I cannot figure out how to copy the text while loading the server, but it shows gg_addon_loaded: 'gg_deathmatch' of type 'included'

I also have my gungame loading in my server.cfg at the bottom and not autoexec, since it wasnt working in there.
es_delayed 3
es_load gungame51

Other then setting gg_deathmatch to 1, there is nothing else I can do, right?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben
benswimming

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: sweeneyben

Postby satoon101 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:37 am

Correct, that is all you should need to do. To verify that it is still loaded, you can use es_load by itself in the server's console and see if gg_deathmatch (and its current version) are listed under "Included Addons" under the GunGame5.1 section.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Postby benswimming » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:43 am

satoon101 wrote:Correct, that is all you should need to do. To verify that it is still loaded, you can use es_load by itself in the server's console and see if gg_deathmatch (and its current version) are listed under "Included Addons" under the GunGame5.1 section.

Satoon

ok I run the es_load again, with my two PC's, with two different steam logins, running, and it shows deathmatch is running. Does deathmatch work with only 2 players?

gg_deathmatch (v5.1.617)
benswimming

Recruit
Recruit

Postby satoon101 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:53 am

Well, the round will still end if the entirety of one team dies. You might try setting mp_ignore_round_win_conditions to 1, but I'm not sure if that works in that instance. You might also try using the following Alpha script:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2013

The reason it is an "Alpha" is that it requires an Alpha version of SPE, which, unfortunately, crashes on Linux servers. So, if you have a Windows server, it should work just fine. Here are some other Alpha scripts (all of which require the Alpha version of SPE):
viewforum.php?f=79

And don't forget to check out the full release Custom Addons:
viewforum.php?f=74

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby benswimming » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:59 am

Ok thanks for the fast reply satoon,

I am going to try to get my brother over here to hook up a 3rd PC, and see what happens, but in the meantime I will try the 2 above suggestions and see what happens, I will update the post with my findings.

Thanks again!
benswimming

Recruit
Recruit

Postby benswimming » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:23 am

Update,

installing the Alpha SPE as per the instructions killed me whole server, it wouldn't even load anymore, and yes it is Windows. once I removed the addons folder it loaded again, so I just rebuilt the default GG addon folder.

But I then tried the mp_ignore_round_win_conditions, and that actually fixed the issue!

Thanks, now I just need to work on spawn points since I just stood there and kept killing him.

Thanks again!
benswimming

Recruit
Recruit

Return to Troubleshooting (NOT FOR BUGS)