gg_deathmatch_alpha

Ask questions and share info about GunGame 5

gg_deathmatch_alpha

Postby satoon101 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:53 pm

This is a new version of DeathMatch that utilizes both the new repeat system (designed by XE_ManUp) and the new SPE. With this build, the round will never end, even if an entire team is dead at the same time.

Download the new version of SPE if you don't already have it:
http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewtopi ... 25&t=44752

And here is the new deathmatch:

Satoon
    satoon101

Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: gg_deathmatch_alpha

Postby LIn20Cible » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:37 am

Players won't spawn when they join the phoenix class of the terrorists team. The following line (#243):
           if int(args[1]) == 1:
    Should be something like:
           elif args[0].lower() == 'jointeam' and int(args[1]) == 1:
    Otherwise "joinclass 1" is considered "jointeam 1" and you get the message "You will respawn when you join a team.". Anyways, I think the best is to directly use the player_team event cause your filter will not catch when a player is switched spectator by an admin/script. Also, you may want to do more testing into your filter cause if someone use "joinclass" without parameter that will raise an exception cause you are doing:
    if not len(args) # a ClientCommandFilter should not execute without a command...
    Instead of:
    if not len(args) > 1
    On the line #237. If a spectator use "joinclass 2" the script will attempt to spawn him cause you don't check if the player is in a valid team before starting his repeat. Finally, if someone use "joinclass blah" that will also raise an exception cause you convert args[1] into int without check if the value is digit first.

Here are my finds after testing it on the daggerclan's server (I wondered why I didn't spawn when I joined the terrorists team. ^^). :P
    LIn20Cible

Private
    Private

Postby satoon101 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Thank you. I mostly just copied gg_deathmatch and modified it to use the new Repeat system and added in the TerminateRound blocker. I'll fix this up when I get the chance.

Satoon
    satoon101

Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby satoon101 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:32 pm

I'm going to end up just making this gg_deathmatch and removing the "alpha" portion from it. That means just removing the TerminateRound detour. I will instead be releasing a custom addon specifically for the TerminateRound detour. I will be updating the gg_deathmatch code to fix the issue you mentioned. Thanks again for that.

Satoon
    satoon101

Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby satoon101 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:21 am

This thread is no longer needed, so I'm moving it out of the Alpha Scripts forum. I have removed the attachment as well.

Satoon
    satoon101

Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby tnarocks » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:21 am

has anyone had this problem when playing dm. That when the t's or ct's win the round and elimante the whole team and it says who won before the round restarts your able to kill them and get the level from them before the round restarts.
    tnarocks

Corporal
    Corporal

Steam Friends Name: {TAG}TNA ROCKS(ENGAGED)

Postby satoon101 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:34 am

Sorry, I knew I removed that, because I was going to add some functionality elsewhere (not in gg_deathmatch itself). However, I have decided against that, so I will add it back in. Since both DeathMatch and Elimination utilize some method of knowing if a round is active, I thought about combining the 2 and including it elsewhere. However, I have determined that it isn't good practice to have that sort of thing being stored when nothing is using it (ie when running neither DeathMatch nor Elimination). I will add that functionality back into DeathMatch here in a few. Thanks for reminding me.

Eventually, once the new SPE is out of Alpha/Beta and becomes the standard, I would imagine most DeathMatch servers will run the RoundEnd Blocker script.

Satoon
    satoon101

Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby tnarocks » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:11 am

ok thanks sir i will try the new svn and see how it works out and will let you know...
    tnarocks

Corporal
    Corporal

Steam Friends Name: {TAG}TNA ROCKS(ENGAGED)

Postby satoon101 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:20 am

I released that version as well (600), since I already released 598 prior to reading your post here.

Satoon
    satoon101

Site Admin
    Site Admin

Return to General Discussion