sv_downloadurl

Discussion relating to anything. (Keep it clean.)

sv_downloadurl

Postby maccauk » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi lads, can you help me out i am looking for good host who lets you use sv_downloadurl ?
the 1 i am with which clanwebs dont let me use it for sv_downloadurl in there small print i missed
"Game server redirects are not permitted on our hosting accounts. This is published openly on our website homepage and in
We are a web host, we do not foot the bandwidth bill for your game server".

on my website to i get 20gig of space on lots of bandwith. but i need to use sv_downloadurl
becuase my gungame5 as lots of sounds and mods to much for folk to be waiting around!
so any 1 thinking why there sv_downloadurl dont work check with your host first to see wot package your getting! :?
regards macca
maccauk

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: macca

Postby bytethegroove » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

that is the worse host I ever heard of.....
they are dumb,.....its thesame bandwidth as a webpage..what n00bs!
www.clanwebpro.com is great hosting company...they DO NOT block any ports, which is great for global bans and other stuff that needs to talk to 27015 port....most companies block 27015 and other known game ports....not only that, but clanwebpro will let you run as many installations as u want of psychostats.....since its run by pros, they knowh how to set up their servers....unlike most hosts...
tell cisco bytethegroove sent ya.....this way he knows Im still giving him a good name.

also on a side note...I wrote a c# program that syncs your game server and your fast download server.....so allu do is upload map to gameserver, then sync...my program DLs the map from the game server, bzips it, and uploads it to your ftp of choice, and u can specify the folder....I wrote into the program a checker, so it only DL the right files, and nothing u dont need...sne d me a PM if ya want it
peace
byte
bytethegroove

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: bytethegroove

Re: sv_downloadurl

Postby maccauk » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi bytethegroove , many thxs on reply will take a look@ that .. :D
maccauk

Private
Private