Request: Revision information

Make a suggestion for future revisions of GunGame.

Request: Revision information

Postby Defcon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 am

Id like to request someone make a readme on each revision and its fixes. This may already be placed somewhere that I just havent found, but id like to see what fixes were done in each revision. Does the game log the revison notes when it updates? If so where would they be?

Thanks

Defcon
Defcon

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Steam Friends Name: lonbow

Postby Don » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:22 am

If everyone has used the SVN correctly you should be able to see what was fixed when each person checked in a new revision.
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Re:

Postby XE_ManUp » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:44 am

Don wrote:If everyone has used the SVN correctly you should be able to see what was fixed when each person checked in a new revision.

Absolutley correct, Don!

You can check log messages for each individual revision HERE.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Defcon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:16 am

wow don, i guess you pwned me huh? but thanks for the informative reply, no matter how condescending it sounded. I had stated in my post that i use the game update, so I dont see the svn notes. But, now that you so nicely pointed me there, thats exactly where i will look for the information.
Defcon

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re:

Postby Artsemis » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:43 am

Defcon wrote:no matter how condescending it sounded

???

That was like a 0 on the condescending scale. Hopefully I just don't know you well enough to get your sarcasm. =d
Artsemis

GunGame5 Developer
GunGame5 Developer

Steam Friends Name: Artsemis
Xfire Name: Artsemis

Re: Re:

Postby XE_ManUp » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:06 am

Defcon wrote:wow don, i guess you pwned me huh? but thanks for the informative reply, no matter how condescending it sounded. I had stated in my post that i use the game update, so I dont see the svn notes. But, now that you so nicely pointed me there, thats exactly where i will look for the information.

Actually I believe when he was referring to "everyone", I believe he was referring to the developers. That's how I read it, because it is the responsibility of the developers to make a detailed log of each individual change in each individual commit.

Don't assume that people are automatically being condescending. Trust me, if I see that sort of thing on these boards, it will not be tolerated...no matter who it comes from. I plan on building a helpful community. I surely wouldn't have responded in the manner I did at first had he meant any harm by his statements. For those that are condescending, they do not belong here on these forums, nor with GunGame5's development team, or web development team.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Don » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:33 am

Um yeah, I was trying to be helpful. There wasn't an iota of condescension there. Sorry you misunderstood.
Don

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: Don
Xfire Name: donlafferty

Re:

Postby Warbucks » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:47 pm

Defcon wrote:wow don, i guess you pwned me huh? but thanks for the informative reply, no matter how condescending it sounded. I had stated in my post that i use the game update, so I dont see the svn notes. But, now that you so nicely pointed me there, thats exactly where i will look for the information.

EPIC FAIL...
Warbucks

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Steam Friends Name: Warbucks81
Xfire Name: Warbucks81

Postby Saul » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:50 pm

gg_update shows SVN commit messages, if thats what your on about?
Saul

GunGame5 Developer
GunGame5 Developer

Xfire Name: saul0

Re: Re:

Postby Warren » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:26 am

Warbucks wrote:

EPIC FAIL...

Now that is actually condescending. :lol:
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

Postby Defcon » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:40 pm

old thread. I have found what i was looking for and yes it was right under my nose and yes i check it daily to see whats been fixed and yes that was condescending and right at the same time.

lol

Defcon
Defcon

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re:

Postby Warren » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:01 pm

Defcon wrote:old thread. I have found what i was looking for and yes it was right under my nose and yes i check it daily to see whats been fixed and yes that was condescending and right at the same time.

lol

Defcon

Condescending means that a statement was degrading and belittling, and said for the purpose of upsetting/angering the person you are speaking to by convincing them that they suck.

Synomyms for condescending: snobby / arrogant
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

Postby XE_ManUp » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:37 am

Either way, it doesn't matter at this point. The condescending part of this topic is a dead horse. Let's not beat it.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions