Custom Request(s)

Discussion about Custom Addons for GG5

Custom Request(s)

Postby interex666 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:50 pm

I would like to have a script that has two things. First a betting scheme that WORKS WITH GG5. (I havent found one yet) This should have a simple say cmd like !bet and have a menu system. Simalar to xe_bet (which doenst work with GG5). The second is a bank. Simialar to bbank. BBank also doesnt work with GG5 or just doesnt work at all (lots of console errors). So thats it for that.

One other thing I WOULD LOVE to see.
An addon that allows me to turn off GG5 based on map prefix. I know you are going to say there are handful on mattie.info but NONE of them work with GG5.

Thanks

BDeep
interex666

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: jonmpoole

Re: Custom Request(s)

Postby interex666 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:12 pm

No one wants to do this I guess :( ???
interex666

Private
Private

Postby Warren » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Betting scripts and banking scripts should have no relation to GunGame and their functionality is entirely their own.

As far as a map prefix loader, get one of the GunGame4 autoloaders and in the code, wherever it says "gungame4", replace it with "gungame".
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

Postby interex666 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:57 pm

I know they have no relation. Sorry for the misconception. :(
I would like one that is made specifically for GG5. And the banking scripts I have found just dont work period. You especially scope have proven a good coder. (was hoping you would pick this one up)
As far as betting tried mani and xe_bet. Mani doesnt seem to work in GG.... Dont know why dont really care either (dont like the say cmd for it) xe_bet has lots of errors.

As far as the other addon. I already tried that. They still dont seem to work quite right. And again it would be great if one was written by one of you because then it would be sure to work with GG5.
interex666

Private
Private

Postby bytethegroove » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:55 pm

false, mani works 100 % with gg, since day one, and it has great functionality, but yet people knock it always...Second I uploaded BA mod and it worked first try, there are plenty of BANK mods, and most DO work, so not sure what u mean, perhaps you may want to pick a bank mod thats developed and send some errors to that developer....I would rather not see Bank implented into gungame....gungame should stay true to its original concept...a levelingmod.....adding more takes away from its intent....and IMO money has no place in gungame...
peace
byte

if u want to try, come to my gg5 server...and u will see mani vote works 100% exactly the way I want it to....maybe there is some point I am missing thought
216.52.143.190:27015
bytethegroove

Private
Private

Steam Friends Name: bytethegroove

Postby interex666 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:17 am

I NEVER said that mani doesnt work with GG5. I said that the mani betting doesnt work with GG5. (Maybe you should read a little more before you post) Also as for your OPINION about money in gungame that is not how I feel. On top of that if all people were like you why would someone have written buylevel for GG5?

Now that I have said that. I guess I will write the scripts I want on my own. I have been doing a little dabbling so.......

BDeep
interex666

Private
Private

Postby bytethegroove » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:32 pm

hmm tried betting on my server, works perfectly fine.....and yes if everyone was like, there wouldnt be cheaters in CS:S....who need to buy a level :P
bytethegroove

Private
Private

Postby bytethegroove » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:34 pm

some one wrote buy level for the same reasons people write hax......
bytethegroove

Private
Private

Postby Warren » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:26 pm

There is no need to argue about how you prefer your server. That's why there are so many servers and everyone modifies them differently.

As far as mani betting goes, it should work just fine. GunGame has no relation to it.
Warren

Site Admin
Site Admin

Xfire Name: WMA9000

Postby interex666 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:18 pm

I give up... I will figure it out on my own.
interex666

Private
Private

Re:

Postby XE_ManUp » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:53 pm

bytethegroove wrote:some one wrote buy level for the same reasons people write hax......

Actually, I originally wrote buylevel as the first example of a custom addon for GunGame4. The idea of buylevel was to show people how to wrote a custom addon, not for the reasoning of writing hax. ;)

Back on topic, XE_Bet is old (although I am happy to hear it mentioned). Out of curiousity, why use a betting system? Perhaps a custom addon that allows you to bet levels instead of cash? But what would you bet on?
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Postby slipknot » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:24 pm

XE_ManUp wrote:
bytethegroove wrote:some one wrote buy level for the same reasons people write hax......

Actually, I originally wrote buylevel as the first example of a custom addon for GunGame4. The idea of buylevel was to show people how to wrote a custom addon, not for the reasoning of writing hax. ;)

Back on topic, XE_Bet is old (although I am happy to hear it mentioned). Out of curiousity, why use a betting system? Perhaps a custom addon that allows you to bet levels instead of cash? But what would you bet on?

This is an interesting thread. At one time Don and I were toying with betting for Gladiator mode. Once Gladiator mode was entered the remaining participants that were pushed to spectator could bet on who would win the 1 on 1 knife match. We ran into the same question what do you bet? Levels into the next map sounds interesting since Gladiator also had a leveling attribute. Hmmm?
It's better to burn out, than fade away.
slipknot

Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Friends Name: sfmeyer1
Xfire Name: slipknotsfm

Postby bytethegroove » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:06 pm

nono XE_ I was just showing a point...HAX are different obviously, but at the same time they are similiar...They both make you better...the only difference is one is fore an individual, th other is for the server....Im not trying to cut anyone down....I just dont get why people would want to buy a level....hell I bet you can buy a level, but I bet u still wont beat me :P...Ill never buy one...just pwn you instead!
bytethegroove

Private
Private

Re: Re:

Postby interex666 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:56 pm

XE_ManUp wrote:

To XE
(NOT byte.... ( I dont really care what you think at this point, its not YOUR server and you dont HAVE to play in it))

I would love it if you fixed xe_bet. I can send you error msgs if you want to fix it. I would like it of it worked just the way it does now. Although the idea of betting levels does sound interesting. I would imagine it something like this:

!bet
then a menu
---------------
1. bet 1 level on T
2. bet 1 level on ct
3. bet 2 ..... and so on (however you want)
---------------

One the bet is placed you win or lose for the next round.
Now... I dont let ppl use !buylevel past the nade level (I run reverse gg...... usp,nade x2, knife x2) So you shouldnt allow betting past those levels....

If you did it that way I would get rid of buylevel and have no need for a bank.

Either way I dont care both ways are cool with me.
interex666

Private
Private

Return to Custom Addons