Steam Update: 04/14/2011

Announcements about GunGame5.1

Steam Update: 04/14/2011

Postby XE_ManUp » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:43 am

The steam update on 04/14/2011 is having negative effects on EventScripts. This will take some time, and we do not have an ETR (Estimated Time of Recovery) at this time. Symptoms are that when GunGame is loaded, it crashes the server. We have successfully been able to verify that even simple scripts with EventScripts crash, so it is not necessarily "just" GunGame. Please be patient. We will update you with information when we have more.

Update: 04/16/2011 @ 12:48AM

Mattie wrote:EventScripts updated:
Update 2011-04-15: New build released for 366 to support April 14 changes to Orangebox.

In the interest of getting this package out quickly, I've released it without as much testing as usual. Please report new issues. The original announcement post has been updated with download links. As always be sure to shutdown your server before replacing files. In addition to this fix, I also removed a crash exploit and the cfglib.py problem in this build.

Special thanks to MM:S/Sourcemod team, as this fix was much quicker after seeing the changes they captured in their SDK repository.
-Mattie

1QDwcqvB1A9bjRb5KrHMtEaYp1LwsonjF8

Update: 04/16/2011 @ 8:16PM
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nightmare-DK » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Thanks a lot here for try solving the problem :)
Nightmare-DK

Private
Private

Postby Nightmare-DK » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:24 pm

I hope it's okay I type here, if people wants to start there server without gungame.

Delete matties + metamod , because sourcemod made it crash to.
Nightmare-DK

Private
Private

Postby XE_ManUp » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Well, EventScripts is fine with certain things (on Windows). But if you want to, you can remove it.
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby General Mitch » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:08 pm

My servers Down :(
Dumb Steam
General Mitch

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: Mitchell
Xfire Name: Contrastan

Postby Huggs » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:10 am

I can't even get the HldsUpdateTool to work. I keep getting "No ContentServers are online" for two days now. So - XE_Manup, this means that once it does update, it will break the server?

Thanks for your hard work,
PCH
Huggs

Private
Private

Postby XE_ManUp » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:57 am

Mattie has graciously managed to put together a quick fix on EventScripts which can be found here: http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewtopi ... 19#p362519

Please give Evie a test run and see if this helps. No guarantees.

Mattie wrote:EventScripts updated:
Update 2011-04-15: New build released for 366 to support April 14 changes to Orangebox.

In the interest of getting this package out quickly, I've released it without as much testing as usual. Please report new issues. The original announcement post has been updated with download links. As always be sure to shutdown your server before replacing files. In addition to this fix, I also removed a crash exploit and the cfglib.py problem in this build.

Special thanks to MM:S/Sourcemod team, as this fix was much quicker after seeing the changes they captured in their SDK repository.
-Mattie

1QDwcqvB1A9bjRb5KrHMtEaYp1LwsonjF8
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby General Mitch » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:19 pm

YAY!

Thanks
General Mitch

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: Mitchell
Xfire Name: Contrastan

Postby satoon101 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:19 am

For anyone running Linux, please try out the new SPE version:
http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewtopi ... 25&t=29657

Just replace your old .so file with the attached file in that post. I can verify that it works on a GameServers server, as well as does GunGame51!

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Steam Update: 04/14/2011

Postby -H-L-R- » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:24 am

Hi,

I hope you chaps and chapettes, can help me out....

On Wednesday I finally took the plunge and setup my own DS at home for some friends and myself to play on. Its a windows box, SRCDS, the latest SPE & ES and GG51. Working well on the Wednesday.

Steam in the their infinite wisdom issued an update (as we are all more than aware of considering the current situation...!) and trashed everything.

I have dutifully added the latest SPE and ES as per the recent posts but now I am getting an odd set of error messages, and I have no clue what it all means. I attach a .jpeg screenshot of the server console for your viewing.

GG51_Crash.JPG

I am in hope you could point me in the right direction for a fix, as I am at a total loss.

You assistance is very gratefully received.

Kindest Regards,
-H-L-R-
-Hustle-Loyalty-Respect-
Always Outnumbered - Never Outgunned
-H-L-R-

Recruit
Recruit

Postby satoon101 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:28 am

You seem to have removed some translations from one or more of your ini files. The typical server default language is "en", so we make sure that every translation in every ini file has an "en" string. Not sure what caused the second error, I'll have to look into that one later.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -H-L-R- » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:46 am

Hi Satoon,

Wow, speedy reply, many thanks....

Appreciate your assistance,and I am not questioning your response, but I didn't change or modify any of the .ini files...!!!

Could this have been done during the update or would you think it would have been corrupted in some way??

What would be the best solution, uninstall and then re-install the SRCDS Server using the HLDSupdatetool again? I run a fibre network so only takes 20-25 minutes to re-download.

I do not know enogh to be playing with.ini files or anything else for that matter...!!!

-H-L-R-
-Hustle-Loyalty-Respect-
-H-L-R-

Recruit
Recruit

Postby satoon101 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:05 am

Try reinstalling GunGame. Something has to have messed up your ../addons/eventscripts/gungame51/gungame.ini file. I actually just released a new version, so just install it and see if this is fixed. The new version doesn't do anything to specifically 'fix' this issue. It's just that by reinstalling the files, maybe what was once messed up will no longer be that way.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -H-L-R- » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:11 am

Hi Again,

Not sure which part of the world you reside, but it is just after 1am here and if you are in a similar timezone, I really appreciate your time in what is obviously a stressful time for you chaps.

I will reinstall and see where I get to.

I will report back with speed.

HLR
-Hustle-Loyalty-Respect-
-H-L-R-

Recruit
Recruit

Postby -H-L-R- » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:27 am

Dudes, you guys rule the frecking roost.

Server back up and running, your assistance and speedy response has been fantastic.

I am so overly impressed by the incredible speed you guys and girls have shown in the reponse to the update from Valve/Steam to get everyone back on the road again.

I cannot thank you guys enough, without you and your teams and friends dedication and support, the gaming world would be a boring place, with your skills and ingenuity in creating and supporting games such as CSS, we owe you a great deal of gratitude and thanks.

I do wish you all very well, and I urge all others who use these guys games/mods/addons etc to pay the debt of thanks to them as without them you wouldn't be able to enjoy the games and mods we do.

Pay it forward were you can, and recognise these guys dedication and commitment to your enjoyment.

The most greatest Respect to you all.
HLR
-Hustle-Loyalty-Respect-
-H-L-R-

Recruit
Recruit

Postby satoon101 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:37 am

Glad that you got it up and running again!!! Thanks for the kind words, we do try to do what we can when we can. I think we all just wish Valve/HPE would stop causing so much chaos with these updates breaking things.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goglen2011 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:01 am

YAY!

Thanks
goglen2011

Recruit
Recruit

Return to Announcements