GG5 confusion with deathmatch

Having problems with GunGame5 (NOT FOR BUGS)? Ask here!

GG5 confusion with deathmatch

Postby Vibez » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:55 am

Ok so ive read a lot of topics and followed some of the guides.

I currently have GG5 installed with latest eventscripts and python which i got from here download.php

I am slightly confused though how to go about getting respawns working IE having one great big round with respawns till the winner hits the level limit.

I have read that i can use gungame utils that i found the link for here gungame5_faq.php directs me back to the above link where the download is not there

OR

i can use ES tools which i believe no longer works for orangebox source which is the latest version of CSS.

I am confused of how to go about this now can i use an alternative like est4css or estcommands.

If i do use an alternative which one should i use and how do i enable respawns using these alternative.

I think an update to the guide would be a nice way to get DM working

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Vibez
Vibez

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: Flubbacrud

Postby XE_ManUp » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:20 am

You have to use SPE for respawning - there is no real alternative.

http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewtopi ... 25&t=29657
XE_ManUp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby satoon101 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:26 am

The version of EventScripts on that download page is for the pre-OrangeBox update. That version will no longer work on CS:S. You need to look at the GunGame5.1 Installation page for instructions:
http://wiki.gungame.net/pages/Installation

Please make sure to take special note of the Known Issues section of that page, and do everything it says.

Satoon
satoon101

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vibez » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:42 am

i now see my issue here.
When my server first ran looks like it hasn't created all the configs

"This folder will contain all the cfg files for turbo, deathmatch, knife pro, ect:"
"/cfg/gungame51/included_addon_configs"

This is my issue. There are no configs in here.

And yes i have done everything on that page including changing cfglib.py.

Gungame loads up fine obviously its complaining about not being able to load configs because they weren't created.
Vibez

Recruit
Recruit

Steam Friends Name: Flubbacrud

Re:

Postby daggerclan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Vibez wrote:And yes i have done everything on that page including changing cfglib.py.

Gungame loads up fine obviously its complaining about not being able to load configs because they weren't created.

Sometimes people make a mistake when editting that file, which causes it to still have the same effect. Make sure you have editted that file correctly, otherwise you will still have the same issue. That includes 'spacing'. The line should start after 'exactly' 6 spaces.
daggerclan

Corporal
Corporal

Return to Troubleshooting (NOT FOR BUGS)